A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Guest Skaramine

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

Made my latest Beretta. The PX4 Storm, in C-mode. The C stands for Constant Action, which means the gun is trigger cocking only, but has a light trigger pull, in the 6-8 pound range. With a 17-shot 9mm magazine and a 14-shot .40 S&W magazine, Beretta stylings, and an adjustable gripframe, the PX4 is designed to take on Glock in the police world.

Currently available to Law Enforcement Only.

If they make it in .45 ACP, Beretta might get back some of that LAPD love.

To quote the "Ballistics" lesson from True Crime: Streets of LA.

"Each EOD operative is equipped with two Berettas that are highly accurate. Shown is the proper aiming method.

"First, breath in. Breathe out. Serenity now. Squeeze.

"Breathe in. Squeeze. Serenity now.

"Breathe. Squeeze.

"Breathe. Squeeze.

"Breathe. Squeeze.

"Serenity Now...

"Serenity NOW!

"SERENITY NOW!

"F--- THIS! STAY DOWN!"

Cut to scene of Nick Kang pumping thirty shots into a bad guy from both Berettas.

This is just itching to be used as a tagline, but it really fits someone more interested in military hardware than I :)

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." - In the August 1993 issue, page 9, of PS magazine, the Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.

Guest Skaramine

The Shield is an awesome show. I need to find season 2 - we're going to Best Buy for it next week.

I can't decide who my favorite male cop is on the show, but I love CCH Pounder.

Guest Skaramine

In the eternal struggle for which I like better... I've pretty much decided, between Beretta and Taurus, that I like Taurus' better.

Especially the cute little Millenium, and the decocker placement on the 92/99/100/101 line.

Guest Skaramine

H_851TBCPRL.jpg

This gun is so pimp, the Gap Band should be playin' its theme song, with the Solid Gold Dancers shakin' their money makers as you walk down the street with it.

Sing it, Huggy Bear.

The Shield is an awesome show. I need to find season 2 - we're going to Best Buy for it next week.

I can't decide who my favorite male cop is on the show, but I love CCH Pounder.

I've only seen the first season so far, but yeah that show is sweet, what have I missed?

H_851TBCPRL.jpg

This gun is so pimp, the Gap Band should be playin' its theme song, with the Solid Gold Dancers shakin' their money makers as you walk down the street with it.

Sing it, Huggy Bear.

Dude, I don't know much about real guns so I ask, is it standard for revolver to have that thumb-switch safety like that? Not sure why I ask but just curious...

Guest Skaramine

Dude' date=' I don't know much about real guns so I ask, is it standard for revolver to have that thumb-switch safety like that? Not sure why I ask but just curious...[/quote']

Uhm... we reply in Musings on Random musings...

and that's not a safety switch. That's the gold plated cylinder release latch. How do you think they get the bullets out and in without making it bang bang? :D

Uhm... we reply in Musings on Random musings...

and that's not a safety switch. That's the gold plated cylinder release latch. How do you think they get the bullets out and in without making it bang bang? :D

That's why I asked, I thought it was weird if that was what it was...

So here it is a little after 1am on the morning of March 7. I can't sleep and unlike a bunch of other people that just hit a multiple of 1000 posts, I'm not posting anything special.

I just can't form the thoughts around it. Right now I'm just using the boards for a nervous outlet to forget what is going on with my life. I'm stuck with obligations that I have no idea how to fulfill at this point. Something is going to break soon and I'm afraid it's going to be me. Then again, I think I already have and these are just the pieces twitching.