World Creation Superdraft 2: July 2018

On 7/3/2018 at 12:13 PM, Hermit said:

A list for those coming in on the second day (And for our Commish to edit in on his first post or a google doc if he wants)

Cancer

Deity: Anuanu

Primary Domain: Darkness

Csyphrett

Deity: Roy

Primary Domain: Oceans

Hermit

Deity: Aerobell, goddess of war

Primary Domain: War

L. Marcus

Deity: Ut-Mark, The Green One, the great god of the wild.

Primary Domain: Nature, Wilderness

Logan

Deity: Gravitius

Primary Domain: God of Order

Lucius

Deity: Arepo

Primary Domain: Death and Rebirth

Old Man

Deity: Vyago, The God of the Way!

Primary Domain: Paths and Journeys

Psybolt

Deity: Brother Chaos

Primary Domain: Disorder, Chaos

Sociotard

Deity: Dee-Ell, God of Secrets!

Primary Domain: Secrets

Death Tribble

Primary Domain: Love

Thanks to Hermit for the quick update. Once we have several picks, then I'll post an upto date version in one of the posts.

I am taking the domain of Love for my choice. I was going to go all Lolth having seen Logan.1179 but Psybolt got in and chose Chaos. Twenty minutes and you get choice 2.  

If you go out in the woods today ...

There is a forest up in the great wide North that no-one has ever made it through alive. Dark pine forests hug the craggy hills; wolves howl in the night and bears roar in every valley. The folks who live on its edges daren't put axe to bole, for fear of retribution.

Geography Pick: Svartveden, the unmeasured forest.

The Kingdom Taker and Townbreaker has over seen many wars. The earliest tribes grabbed clubs and threw rocks at each other! But the lady of war is a fire haired muse at the art of bloodletting. And over time, woodcarvers became fletchers and bowyers, simple black smiths learned to craft the deadliest of blades and skullcrackers alike. War can bring down a civilization but it also advances craft. Praise Aerobell, and hand me my shield. The enemies are over the wall.

Secondary Ream of Influence: Weapons and Warfare technology

And in those days, the god of secrets created schools to manipulate powers of mind and soul. Insular and private, they advanced terrible arts and competed fiercely with one another, and of course brought terrible penalties to any student impudent enough to share techniques with others.

Gift to Civilization: Psionic/Chi Martial Arts

That is, the gamut of psionic abilities are attained the same way extreme martial arts are. Some manage to throw a telekinetic Hadouken or wield a psi blade, others just fuel mightier/faster/more precise blows. Use your most terrible imagination.

Anuanu creates and proclaims its Geographic Feature.  There is a cavern system with openings all over the world, even under the sea, with passages that converge into a single, great chthonic hollow where light never enters.  It is called Alam Ghaib, the Unseen Realm.  None have yet been able to say if it lies at the center of the world, or wraps around the periphery of its bottom, or some other arrangement; that is not important, and to dwell on that question is to miss the point.  Some things go in, and return to the light without realizing where they were.  Some things go in and do not come back out.  Some things go in and do come out, but not at the opening through which they entered.  Dark it is; if Darkness frightens you, then terrifying it is; but it need not be a deadly place.

monk-prayer-bell.jpg

"Walk with me," Vyago said, chuckling, "as all do, whether they know it or not."

His amusement confused me.  "I humbly beg forgiveness, Master," I said, "But I do not understand."

We walked for a very long while before he replied. 

"If we walk, we travel from one place to the next.  This is the Journey.

"If we stand, we travel from one moment to the next. This is also the Journey.

"Even the mightiest stone travels, out of the past, and into the future.

"Thus are all things one with the Journey.  There is only motion.  Stillness is an illusion."

I looked up, and saw that an age had passed since his answer began.

--The Forgotten History of Vyago the Wanderer

Secondary Realm of Influence: Time

The wilderness is not the only wild thing in the world. There is a force which those strong of will and deep of thought can wield to bend things after their own liking. It is Ut-Mark's own essence, in a way -- both following its own rules and its own whims at once, subservient as a thrall and as dangerous to wield as a blade of fire that burns right down to the pommel.

Ut-Mark hereby claims Magic as a Secondary Realm Of influence!

a0818468276_10.jpg

Okay, I have no idea if this will fly with the rules. Lets find out!

"What is this?" Asked the god of secrets.

"This is the form of Man." he was told, "as he ever was."

And the god of secrets was pleased, for he admired man's duplicity and mistrust, but not wholly.  He could see man was not made for this world. His mind could not withstand the wildness of the magic, nor the turbulence of the psionic/lifeforce energies that had been unleashed. He was beautiful, but he was unready.

And so the god of secrets fashioned an ally: the Cat.

And he brought them to the Dark and Terrible world, and warned them "neither shall the Human be without the Cat, nor the Cat without the human, lest ye die."

Sentient Life: Human-Cat Symbionts

Humans and Cats are both sentient, but count as one race because they cannot be more than a hundred meters or so apart for long before they start to go feral and mad, and eventually die. When in range, they form 1-1 human-cat psychic links. A human can connect to several cats, but no humans, while cats can connect to several humans, but no cats. It is NOT possible to route through the network (a human connecting to another human through a common cat between them) except as a sort of Telephone game (he psychically told me to psychically tell you this).

Humans and Cats do attend the Psionic Martial Arts schools, and one of the first lessons is how to protect school secrets while connected to non-initiates.

Anuanu creates and proclaims Its edible product (i.e., the flora/fauna pick).  There is a fungus that humanoids will know as stone ears, which will grow in light (intolerant only of day-long unshaded direct tropical sunlight) and in Darkness, needing no light to grow, only some modest minimum of dead organic matter and a bit of dampness from which it can draw its own nutrition.  Its growth habit is as shelf fungus, growing in long, thick panels as much as a cubit deep, more or less perpendicular to the surface of its anchor.  Not especially tasty by itself, it is nonetheless nutritious to all but stone-eaters, and soft enough for the toothless to bite off chunks and be fed.  Many subterranean species cultivate it in their dens, and troglodytic humanoids not only eat it: those with that craft make liquors of it.