Leroy

Duke Bushido

Does anyone know the publication history of Leroy the awesome exoskeleton man?  The only publication I know that features him is adventurers club #1, but I'm several years late for that. I will spare you the long story, but at the moment, I need Leroy.  Any edition will do; I can convert: got to adapt him for a juvenile players group anyway. 

Thanks for whatever help you can give me. 

Duke

He appears in Enemies Assemble (for 4E), as well as Foxbat for President.  But I'm pretty sure there was another version, as I have a pic of him that wasn't from AE or FfP.  I'm just not sure where it came from.

I've attached PDFs of the AE version as well as my homebrew version (much more powerful).  Hope they help.

ExoskeletonMan.pdf

ExoskeletonMan2.pdf

3 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

He appears in Enemies Assemble (for 4E), as well as Foxbat for President.  But I'm pretty sure there was another version, as I have a pic of him that wasn't from AE or FfP.  I'm just not sure where it came from.

That picture and 4E character sheet probably come from the adventure module, Foxbat Unhinged.

51 minutes ago, Lord Liaden said:

That picture and 4E character sheet probably come from the adventure module, Foxbat Unhinged.

Nope.  Looked through that.  Leroy is only mentioned (as Exo-Skeleton Man) in text towards the end, and readers are directed to Enemies Assemble for info on him.

I did find the original picture, though.  It was from Champions: New Millennium:  Bay City, where Leroy is renamed Jerry Miles and Exo-Skeleton Man is renamed Exodus.

12 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

Wasn't he in the the old Champions comic? IIRC, they have his stats there.

9 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

In a sense, yes. The minor villain "Exo" in CV 3 hasn't the same origin as Leroy (and is just named "Roy"), but he's clearly inspired by the Awesome Exo-Skeleton Man.

One of my players has that book and pointed him out to me.  It's like they took Leroy and thought "How can we make this character as generic and forgettable as possible?"

I wish I could find the old character sheet I did back when Champs II came out and my players convinced me to include Foxbat and Leroy in our universe (only published characters I have ever used).  

Essentially, I'm running a game for a youth group, and I'm looking for good clean fun and nice clean pictures to help them get into the swing of the game.  Foxbat will feature, just because I can dig through my campaign archives to pull a couple of scenarios that went better than expected.

Leroy's Comics Vine entry says he has four appearances as the Exo-Skeleton Man in comics and his entry shows several images of him. If you click on the Champions comic book there, Leroy has another fairly good picture in a group shot on the cover of issue #5.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/exo-skeleton-man/4005-28413/

Leroy had a short try at changing his name to Cybernotron but wearing the same costume. He appeared in one issue under that name and there's one fairly good image of him here.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/cybernotron/4005-122408/

Thanks, Archer!

I've discovered that my oldest archives evidently got weeded (likely given to a former player).  Way back after his introduction (there being no good picture of him at the time: just a couple of head-shots in Champions II), I opted to have him using a commercially-available (in our universe at the time) exoskeleton designed by one of the PCs for SWAT and search-and-rescue type missions.  The one he found had been "weaponized" a bit (couple of Stun grenades, flash grenades, and the SPD limit had been removed).

Worked well enough that, being unable to find a decent picture (just finished scanning the one from the old New Millennium Bay City setting book a few minutes ago, actually), I'd just use that old sheet.  Unfortunately, everything I had from that entire campaign (except for a few notable NPCs, who moved forward with the setting) is just.... gone.

In all fairness, though, I seem to remember giving it to one of the players a couple of years ago who wanted some stuff to jump-start his own setting when he was moving.