March (2019)- "Rip the Umbrella" Superdraft

Hermit

21 minutes ago, Pariah said:

An old friend of Marc's from his hero days has helped bring his young charges together to investigate (and perhaps avenge) his death:

spacer.png

Protagonist Support: Maria Hill

Flashback to How I Met Your Mother perhaps? 

Ted, Marshall and Barney killed Marc, right? 

The Apocalypse: Well, it's complicated.

When the Dragon of the Moon was banished from the Earth Realm, one of the keys that locked it in place was the Moon itself. Because the Moon's orbit changes by a few millimeters every year, the Dragon has been able to increase its influence in recent years. If the Moon can be moved sufficiently far, or even destroyed, the last of the blocks would be eliminated and the Dragon would be free to return.

Marc Spector knew this--Khonshu himself revealed it to him--which is part of what led him to adopt the seven in the first place. Starbreaker and Proxima Midnight also know it. And they know that one of Marc's young charges has the power to make it happen: Kevin.

The destruction or relocation of the Moon would have other consequences, of course. Any significant change in the moon's location would have gravitational effects on the Earth, some of which could be catastrophic. There are also metaphysical problems with the Moon being other than where it is supposed to be. Arcane Horrors, the likes of which the world hasn't seen in recorded human history, would be loosed upon an unsuspecting world.

In any case, it would be a very bad thing if something were to happen to the Moon.

16 minutes ago, Pariah said:

The Apocalypse: Well, it's complicated.

When the Dragon of the Moon was banished from the Earth Realm, one of the keys that locked it in place was the Moon itself. Because the Moon's orbit changes by a few millimeters every year, the Dragon has been able to increase its influence in recent years. If the Moon can be moved sufficiently far, or even destroyed, the last of the blocks would be eliminated and the Dragon would be free to return.

Marc Spector knew this--Khonshu himself revealed it to him--which is part of what led him to adopt the seven in the first place. Starbreaker and Proxima Midnight also know it. And they know that one of Marc's young charges has the power to make it happen: Kevin.

The destruction or relocation of the Moon would have other consequences, of course. Any significant change in the moon's location would have gravitational effects on the Earth, some of which could be catastrophic. There are also metaphysical problems with the Moon being other than where it is supposed to be. Arcane Horrors, the likes of which the world hasn't seen in recorded human history, would be loosed upon an unsuspecting world.

In any case, it would be a very bad thing if something were to happen to the Moon.

Im sure Kevin will get to the ‘bottom’ of it and show the ‘full moon’. 

Option: The Rock of Eternity 

Apocolypse*: The destruction of the Rock of Eternity. 

*As much a vision-quest as it is to stop the destruction of the central zero-point of space-time, the no-thing, of being & becoming, of actuality & potentially.  

7CD9667F-8F5D-4020-A126-0C7FF49B2E9E.jpeg

359B1F70-8999-4ABD-86C5-A288682D8C64.jpeg

Sibling 5: Rocket J Squirrel

Sibling 6: Harvey

Sibling 7: Tippy-Toe

Me: "Squirrel Girl's accomplice Tippy-Toe is intended to be the only sibling without intrinsic powers.  Rocky has full flight, and Harvey has always-on full invisibility.  So I got two flying bricks, a speedster, a superintelligent megalomaniac thinker, a flyer, an invisible infiltrator, and a normal."

Antagonist: "But rabbits aren't rodents!  They're lagomorphs!"

Me: "Feh, how are you gonna tell if you can't see him?"

Antagonist: ...

Me: "See?  He's perfectly plausible here!"

Option 1: Squirrel Girl

Hunter 2: Rat-on-a-stick vendors worldwide

Antagonist: "Wait!  Are the siblings heroes or villains here?"

Me: "Well, can you say, 'Dynamic tension'?  What happens when your protagonists turn into world-destroying zombie slaves?  Whom do you root for?"

Antagonist: "What's with parent and the support types all being waterfowl?"

Me: "Hey, you'll have to pony up and see the comic film thing to learn that."

Antagonist: "How can you draft thousands of nameless rat-on-a-stick vendors as hunters?"

Me: "I did it, didn't I?  And are the rat roasters good guys are bad guys?  What if consumption of barbecued zombie rat turns humans into brain-damaged killer zombies?"

Antagonist: (spluttered incoherent fury)

Theme Music: (more pieces):

• Eye of the Zombie, title cut from an album by John Fogerty
  • Brain Damage, from Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon

Option #2 will be posted probably tomorrow.

Darkseid will be the Organisation, I have decided.

Orion will be the last sibling

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orion_(comics)

The other hunter will be Steppenwolf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steppenwolf_(comics)

The Apocalypse will be the destruction of the world which will bring Darkseid close to the source

Option 1 will be The Tesseract

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_Cube

Option #1: Knonshu, Egyptian God of the Moon

273?cb=20171118155434

Khonshu has been watching the Dragon in its attempts to escape its imprisonment beyond the Earth Realm.  Knowing that it had influenced and corrupted Starbreaker and Proxima Midnight, he warned Marc Spector of the danger, leading to Spector's adoption of the seven siblings. Khonshu guided Marc in training his young charges, hoping to create a force that could stand before the coming onslaught. Then, on their eighteenth birthday, they all felt Khonshu's call and knew immediately that something was wrong: Proxima had killed their adoptive father. Starbreaker was already on the move to destroy or displace the Moon, finally setting the Dragon free.

Can the seven siblings defeat the two hunters and protect their world? 

Marc Spector died in the service of Khonshu...as both of them knew he eventually would. Khonshu needed a new Fist, a new warrior to assist the siblings in their fight to save their world. And he had just the person in mind...someone who had fought the Dragon before. She would be Khonshu's ace-in-the-hole against the threat. She would work to shield and protect the siblings until they could avenge their father's death and banish the Dragon once and for all.

And then, she would take Marc Spector's place as the Avatar of the God of the Moon.

Option #2: Heather Douglas

Moondragon_Dialogue_1.png