Justice Involved Persons

Tjack

According to AOL news today the city of San Francisco will now be referring to convicted felons “Justice Involved Persons”.   Sometimes the tide of politically correct butchering of language has me in mind of 1984’s new-speak  

The idea that calling the guy who pushed an old lady down in the street breaking her hip so he could steal the rent money out of her purse a little easier a nicer name will make him a better person is insane.  I like the word we used to have for people like these...scumbag.

This is like when your’re watching the news and a reporter refers to someone, either victim or perpetrator as  “an urban youth”.  Once everyone knows what the code phrase means it starts getting a little silly.  

George Carlin is currently spinning in his grave like the wheel on an Indy 500 race car.  He would tell us to borrow a set of balls, strap ‘em on  and for the love of whoever you believe in just say what you mean.

Thanks for letting me vent, the pressure in my head is going away.

39 minutes ago, ScottishFox said:

Well, it's being pushed out by the same people that create don't text and drive billboards.

My daughter laughs herself silly every time we drive by it.

"Better left unread than dead." 

....Um....the text message or the billboard?  Both??

The writer Spider Robinson once wrote about a bus sign that said  “Illiterate?  Write for help.”     I thought it was just something he made up until I saw one for myself.

58 minutes ago, Tjack said:

The idea that calling the guy who pushed an old lady down in the street breaking her hip so he could steal the rent money out of her purse a little easier a nicer name will make him a better person is insane.  I like the word we used to have for people like these...scumbag.

Look, it's going to take about ten seconds for the internet to turn "JIP" into a deeply derogatory pejorative.  Don't worry about it.

1 hour ago, Tjack said:

According to AOL news today the city of San Francisco will now be referring to convicted felons “Justice Involved Persons”.   Sometimes the tide of politically correct butchering of language has me in mind of 1984’s new-speak  

This is like when your’re watching the news and a reporter refers to someone, either victim or perpetrator as  “an urban youth”.  Once everyone knows what the code phrase means it starts getting a little silly.  

George Carlin is currently spinning in his grave like the wheel on an Indy 500 race car.  He would tell us to borrow a set of balls, strap ‘em on  and for the love of whoever you believe in just say what you mean.

Thanks for letting me vent, the pressure in my head is going away.

I think our legal system is too punitive and rigged besides...for you if you're rich, against you if you're poor. I DO believe that we should go less for punishing and more for rehabilitating... I have become , in short, a bleeding heart on the subject and will remain so until I'm mugged, assaulted, robbed or whatever...

And even I think "Justice Involved persons" is ...a profoundly moronic term.