Powers in Yourself

Daisuke

What type of powers are you talking about?  Most powers other than attack powers are designed to be used on yourself.    You are not going to find anything in the rulebook stating you don’t need to make an attack roll on yourself to activate your growth because it would be pointless.  The closest you will find is about when you can activate powers. 

If it is an attack power you technically have to roll vs a 0 DCV, but most GM’s don’t bother with that.  The philosophy at Hero systems is more common sense than a lot of other game systems.   Almost every post that Steve Long makes in the rules question is ended with some form of your GM has the right to change this.  This leads to less arguments about rules than say pathfinder, and any also means that people trying to exploit the rules are usually quickly shutdown by the GM. 

It was due to the Transform Power, I wanted to build it in a way to fully transform from my character's normal form to superheroic form. But because on the power says "Target: Target's DCV" he said I had to roll against my Stats. We're new to Heroes, but that didn't make sense to me, so I told him I'll look into it. And because we're now, he's trying to stick to the rule book till he gets the hang of things.

27 minutes ago, Daisuke said:

It was due to the Transform Power, I wanted to build it in a way to fully transform from my character's normal form to superheroic form. But because on the power says "Target: Target's DCV" he said I had to roll against my Stats. We're new to Heroes, but that didn't make sense to me, so I told him I'll look into it. And because we're now, he's trying to stick to the rule book till he gets the hang of things.

That sounds like the Multiform power may be more what you are looking for in this particular case and would probably be much cheaper and involve less headaches and dice rolling. That power mainly exists for this exact effect, changing from "normal" form to "powered form" , like Banner into The Hulk, or a person into a werewolf. That kid into Shazam. An so on. 

But if Transform is really the way you want to go, then case according to the rules a character can lower his/her DCV to 0 if they want. So if you have to roll to attack yourself you can do it with a DCV of 0, so you will succeed in "hitting yourself" so much that hopefully the GM will eventually allow it to be automatic. 

4 minutes ago, Daisuke said:

I thought I could use Transform to change costume and apperence

You can use it to change costume, that's a Transform on your costume not on yourself.  Inanimate objects generally have 0 DCV unless they're being held by somebody who doesn't want you touching them. 

Changing your appearance is Shapeshifting, but if it's just "Nobody recognizes Clark Kent when he's in the Superman spandex", that's generally just part of the genre conceits and nobody has to pay for it. 

4 hours ago, Gnome BODY (important!) said:

You can use it to change costume, that's a Transform on your costume not on yourself.  Inanimate objects generally have 0 DCV unless they're being held by somebody who doesn't want you touching them. 

Changing your appearance is Shapeshifting, but if it's just "Nobody recognizes Clark Kent when he's in the Superman spandex", that's generally just part of the genre conceits and nobody has to pay for it. 

3 hours ago, dmjalund said:

Instant Change isn;t targeting yourself, It's targeting the clothes you are wearing

OK that makes sense thank you

• 2 weeks later...