What I learned playing a blaster!

Adventus

In the spirit of the threads from Bloodstone and CrosshairCollie, here's another on a much-loved character type - the Blaster.

The rules from the other threads are working well, so let's follow that and have just one entry per post please.

Range is your friend. be nice to him.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: What I learned playing a blaster!

Spread 'em if ya got 'em

Um, that doesn't sound quite like I thought it would...:o

Spreading an attack is the best way to take down a bunch of English Redcoats (if, of course, you ever find yourself displaced in time:rolleyes: ). Otherwise it's an awesome way to blast through minor NPC agents. :)

You don't always have to shoot at your opponent!

Try attacking the environment around him!!! Send your opponent into the sewers by destroying the street under his feet. Bring a building down on his head with a precise attack on a support column. Blast "Fire Guy" with water by sniping open a fire hydrant.

Win the day and have some fun doing it (just make sure you have “Battle Insurance”).

Sorry I've done so many of these in a row but it's Saturday and no one seems to be around.

If you can fit flight into your character concept....BUY IT!!

Seriously, I can say from personal experience that there's few things more efficient in combat then a flying blaster. Just fly up to your maximum height and blast to your heart's content. Just be careful of other flyers, blasters and mentalists.

Having a shot that just rings your clock take you out as you fall face first into the street is frustrating. Even a inch of persistant Gliding will work to keep your behind in the air untill you recover from the con stun.

Also, make shure you have a tool kit of zaps. If justifyable have an entangle, a pd and an ed attack, an ariea effect, and I dont care how pacafist you are, a Killing attack for those darn Robot Minions.

...make shure you have a tool kit of zaps. If justifyable have an entangle' date=' a pd and an ed attack, an ariea effect, and I dont care how pacafist you are, a Killing attack for those darn Robot Minions.[/quote']

And then call yourself Captain Tool Kit!!!:P

Always consider you have' date=' depending on SFX, alot of ways with the manipulate the envinorment.[/b']

If you are a fire user, lots of things are real easy to burn. Sometimes breaking things or burning them can help. That is just one example.

Electricity, lasers, radiation, they can all start a fire. All you need is something flammable.

What I learned playing a blaster!

01. Spreading Attacks is the great equalizer vs Speedsters, Martial Artists, etc...

02. Bouncing Attacks are natures way of Surprising you Targets.

03. Destroying Objects from Range protects our delicate hands.

04. Combat Skill Levels are our Friend

05. Penalty Skill Levels are our BEST FRIEND

Cheers

QM

Always consider you have' date=' depending on SFX, alot of ways with the manipulate the envinorment.[/b']

If you are a fire user, lots of things are real easy to burn. Sometimes breaking things or burning them can help. That is just one example.

That's exactly what I meant in my post above.

You don't always have to shoot at your opponent!

Try attacking the environment around him!!! Send your opponent into the sewers by destroying the street under his feet. Bring a building down on his head with a precise attack on a support column. Blast "Fire Guy" with water by sniping open a fire hydrant.

GM's take heed. The best games have a plethora of environmental options available to the characters. Just look at the room your sitting in now, from the floors (carpeting/wood/tile) to the ceiling (chandellers/skylites/drop ceiling hiding pipes and wire) and everywhere in between (bookcase/chair/couch/table/TV/fan/window treatments/wall hangings...). The worst thing is a fight in an empty box. Sure, you get to see whose character is toughest, but it's not nearly as fun as fighting on a suspension bridge in the middle of rush hour, or a laboratory full of unusual (and sometimes fragile) equipment :)

"Up Close & Personal" are not good adjectives to you. You're a ranged combatant - keep your distance from your opponent.

Altitude, altitude, altitude. If you can fly, do it, and stay up high enough that those pesky bricks and martial artists can't leap up and pop you.

Spread 'em if ya got 'em

Um, that doesn't sound quite like I thought it would...:o

Spreading an attack is the best way to take down a bunch of English Redcoats (if, of course, you ever find yourself displaced in time:rolleyes: ). Otherwise it's an awesome way to blast through minor NPC agents. :)

I agree--ity the fools that cluster together. Or are clustered together by helpful teammates for you :)

When facing that high DCV opopnent (so high spreading enough makes your attacks too wimpy) hold an action to the phase before your next action. Blast something big to fall on him, or the surface underneath him--anything to get him to prone status. or go for a suprise bounced attack. If you dont have an AE attack, see if someone else who does. Prone targets are F-U-N!