The Only Fantasy World Map You'll Ever Need

Chris Goodwin

Drow live underground, and wouldn't show on a surface map. Presumably you could find them underneath where you find elves, or else in generic monster areas. Say, around Monstertown.

You are correct about Mongols. unless you want to make the Centaur Steppes less literal. (And it should probably be bigger.)

I so want to form an army consisting of Mongols and Drows right now.

Yes.  Uncountable hordes of Dark Elves stalking the vast steppes on driderback, loosing envenomed arrows and unspeakable sorceries on all who would oppose their relentless advance.  While wearing furry hats.

Yes.  Uncountable hordes of Dark Elves stalking the vast steppes on driderback, loosing envenomed arrows and unspeakable sorceries on all who would oppose their relentless advance.  While wearing furry hats.

Well, yes, I will encourage interbreeding. I dont know exactly what a Mongol and Drow genes will produce (Drongols?). But, I know it will be bad@$$ times 11. And frightening enough to make the Hellfire Imperium to poo a hot, flaming poo in their pants at the mere mention of my Horde.

I'm also going to have Mako tagging along as my narrator.

...And so it came to pass, when the Mongol-Drow hordes swept in from the east, devouring kingdom after kingdom under foot in the name oftheir great Badger King..........

ff(I have to go get my throne ready now)

I also noticed that the map was short on Greco-Roman analogies.   And I have no idea what the Two-Headed Tiger Opium Nightmare represents  (other than one of my more sane dreams, perhaps)

Could be. Given the areas next to the Hellfire Imperium, it might have a Byzantine, rather than early Imperial Roman feel. But that's mainly a case of horsemen rather than legionaries. And the two aren't incompatible, if the legions are decadent.

Astrolabes and Alchemy could be more or less Hellenistic Alexandria. Not classical Greek, but near enough for a lot of purposes.

Well, I thought the Hellfire Imperium was local demon kingdom.  (though Blasted Hellmouth might be that instead)

Astrolabes & Alchemy does make since for something Greek.  Though, I did envision medieval Italian-type dabblers in alchemy.

Now that it has mentioned, I really should have seen that for the Opium Nightmare (smacks forehead)

Edit:  Incest and Intrigue does seem to be good descriptions of many a Roman emperor, not to point any fingers....CALIGULA!!!!

...And so it came to pass, when the Mongol-Drow hordes swept in from the east, devouring kingdom after kingdom under foot in the name oftheir great Badger King..........

That actually reminds me of a similar idea I had after listening to some particularly weird prog rock: The dark elven spider goddess has been replaced by another insect-themed deity: The Cockroach King. So there are a few far-off tribes that are now particularly hardy and fertile (and don't needlessly sacrifice children to their hackneyed deity), so within a generation you have the equivalent of the mongol storm, just progressing along underground routes.

And I have no idea what the Two-Headed Tiger Opium Nightmare represents  (other than one of my more sane dreams, perhaps)

Temple of Doom + Rakshasas + racism.