TV Champions

Tjack

Since we’ve gone through the discussions of the stats and possible write-ups for The Beverly Hillbillies and Hogan’s Heroes, I thought it might be fun to see what other shows we could dissect. 
  Even though there’s a write up for a Slayer in Surbrook’s Stuff and it has its own game, I always thought Buffy the Vampire Slayer would work well as a Champions campaign.  The characters start small and grow in power over time, with Psych & other Disads coming and going in character. 
  Are there any other shows that you always wanted to either play or run?

Somebody, somewhere had the idea that Jim West & Artemus Gordon were code names and that there were multiple teams in identical RR cars working through out the west.

Kind of like the idea that James Bond is the code name for whoever has the number 007. 

A Steampunk game set in the American West would be cool.   You could have West, Gordon, Brisco, Kwai Chang Caine...who else?

1 hour ago, death tribble said:

You could adapt The Champions

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Champions

But there is also The Man of the Uncle and The X-Files

A Swinging ‘60’s Spy game would be another good one using the Danger International rule book. You could include members of the Impossible Missions Force and Alexander Scott & Kelly Robinson from I-Spy. I wouldn’t play him but some twisted soul might even want to run Maxwell Smart.

33 minutes ago, Tjack said:

Somebody, somewhere had the idea that Jim West & Artemus Gordon were code names and that there were multiple teams in identical RR cars working through out the west.

Kind of like the idea that James Bond is the code name for whoever has the number 007. 

A Steampunk game set in the American West would be cool.   You could have West, Gordon, Brisco, Kwai Chang Caine...who else?

Lazarus Man?

11 minutes ago, Pariah said:

MacGyver. The original, please.

Or, speaking of RDA, Stargate. Modern military action campaign with elements of science fiction and pulp mythology.

Do you mean “Legend” a short lived UPN series where RDA played a cowboy named Ernest Pratt who was payed to pretend to be dime novel hero Nicodemus Legend and he had a crazy European inventor sidekick played by John DeLancie?  
   That would fit the aforementioned Western Hero campaign or are you suggesting an ‘80’s campaign of its own? With Michael Knight, KITT and the Misfits of Science.

1 hour ago, Pariah said:

How about a 70s-80s "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen TV Heroes" campaign? Angus MacGyver, Michael Knight, Steve Austin, Jamie Sommers, etc.?

Who else would you put in there?  I vaguely despise Automan, but Man from Atlantis and my personal all time favorite  Ralph Hinkley The Greatest American Hero would work.  
  As a matter of fact my very first Champions character was Bill Maxwell getting the suit after Ralph retired and the “Green Guys” rejuvenated him.  I blended his backstory to include his using the cover name of Kelly Robinson during the late ‘60’s.

44 minutes ago, Tjack said:

Who else would you put in there?  I vaguely despise Automan, but Man from Atlantis and my personal all time favorite  Ralph Hinkley The Greatest American Hero would work.  
  As a matter of fact my very first Champions character was Bill Maxwell getting the suit after Ralph retired and the “Green Guys” rejuvenated him.  I blended his backstory to include his using the cover name of Kelly Robinson during the late ‘60’s.

Mork!

26 minutes ago, archer said:

Mork!

The entire Orkan race are total pacifists.  The whole planet won the intergalactic title for Hide & Go Seek.  It kind of leaves not much for him to do in combat scenes.  But as an NPC...?

5 hours ago, Tjack said:

A Swinging ‘60’s Spy game would be another good one using the Danger International rule book. You could include members of the Impossible Missions Force and Alexander Scott & Kelly Robinson from I-Spy. I wouldn’t play him but some twisted soul might even want to run Maxwell Smart.

The one campaign of Danger Int I played in lasted until phase 8 of turn one. 

A steampunk Wild West/Deadlands/Brisco County/Kung Fu campaign could really work though. 

36 minutes ago, tkdguy said:

Manimal?

Sounds great!  How would you write him up?   Wasn’t he an expert on different cultures or something? 
I could look it up but let’s see how you all would do the research and make these characters happen!

20 minutes ago, Old Man said:

The one campaign of Danger Int I played in lasted until phase 8 of turn one. 

A steampunk Wild West/Deadlands/Brisco County/Kung Fu campaign could really work though. 

What era were you playing in?  I find that carefree spy stories don’t really work after the late ‘70’s.

1 minute ago, dmjalund said:

Mork can still kidnap people

But why would he?  Give me a scenario.  Tell me a story.