Anyone remember...The Dash?

fdw3773

Does anyone remember the super speed villain known as, "The Dash?" and where his game stats are published? I have Classic Enemies for 4th Edition, Enemies III for 3rd Edition, and Enemies II for 1st/2nd Edition with no sign of him. I remember him being featured in an issue of Flare in the early 1990s and reading his stats at one point for 3rd Edition (I think) but can't recall the publication.

2 hours ago, Tech said:

The super speed villain known as "The Dash" was in the 'Great Supervillain Contest' along with few other villains, including the megavillain. I still use "The Dash". You can get a PDF of it in the Hero Game store, in 3rd edition Champions.

Yeah, I used The Dash a lot. Yes indeed, from the Great Supervillain Contest.

4 hours ago, Tech said:

The super speed villain known as "The Dash" was in the 'Great Supervillain Contest' along with few other villains, including the megavillain. I still use "The Dash". You can get a PDF of it in the Hero Game store, in 3rd edition Champions.

Of course he'd be in the one book I have in paper but not PDF, so I skipped over it. 😝

1 hour ago, Hugh Neilson said:

I liked his working with a shrunken character who, if he was KOd, would fly away with him.

"Hey, how can I buy flight that only activates if I'm KOd to get me out of harm's way?"

"Ask the Dash :)!"

I remember that.  It was an Article where Aaron Allston described how the villains in the book could be made into a team and what their group tactics would be like.  Seriously brutal.  The dash and Microwave were one combo.  The other was Shadow Queen and Void (her darkness field over the heroes, him tport in and RKA no range, but he had radar so no minuses!)

OH if any were wondering why she wasn't noticed well IIRC she had shrinking 6 levels and invisibility (only while shrunk) and flight (only while shrunk).  Add a Str 10 (size didn't affect it) and you had the perfect rescuer!

I had Microwave shrunk down and hiding behind The Dash during combat. When he got KO'd, the heroes noticed:

"You see Dash's unconscious body suddenly float up and fly away."  The first time, the players were "WHAT?!"  After a few times, they

finally caught on after seeing Microwave actually attack a few times.

I used The Dash as one of the jobbers in an old campaign. He was so frequent as a villain in my game that the heroes began betting on who was inciting the crime they were heading toward. At one point he'd joined Grab, but was kicked out because one of the heroes bugged him and he was labeled a snitch. 

21 hours ago, Mr. R said:

The other was Shadow Queen and Void (her darkness field over the heroes, him tport in and RKA no range, but he had radar so no minuses!)

Some years back, I built a Dr. Mid-nite homage (martial arts, blackout grenades with Darkness, Personal Immunity, continuing charges that covered all sight and maybe a few other senses (IIRC, perhaps radar and maybe sonar as a sound baffle).

Another player had built a Cat Person with targeting smell.  The blackout grenades did not confuse the sense of smell...  The characters were designed independently, and it took a few scenarios before we realized the accidental synergy.

On 6/14/2021 at 11:34 AM, Mr. R said:

The other was Shadow Queen and Void (her darkness field over the heroes, him tport in and RKA no range, but he had radar so no minuses!)

Void got an update in a later book, sort of.  Underworld Enemies revealed that the shadow hand he could generate actually belonged to a predator from another dimension that eventually fully emerged into the world, sucked him dry of life force, and went out to continue preying on humans.