Where is Icicle?

zombietots

She was bairly in 5ed. In 6ed, she was replaced by Snowblind, who is a blind Ice manipulator. In you really want to see Icicke, look into Heroic Publishing (the real reason  why sh no longer appears. She is caught in the Great Denins Mahony debate.

As far as I know...

Pre 4ed: I think she was in the VIPER"s Nest training adventure, with a good/bad thing.

Heroic Graphics: Was Icestar's kleptomaniac little sister trying to reform herself.

4ed: Had a writeup in Champions 4ed. Was written before Dennis Mahony declared that he can run the characters quite better than the original creators.

Then in the deluxe Champions book, Icicle was gender swapped and renamed Frostbite. Note: statewide, Frostbite was exactly the same as Icicle. 

Champions the New Generation: Icicle was brought in as the niece of Freon. Beyond that...

Champions 5ed and 6ed: Became Snowblind, who is basically Icicle with darkness (area of blowing snow) and Radar Sense. Oh, and she is blind.

Icicle goes back to at least the sample villains from the core Champs book for Second Edition, the first one I picked up. Dennis Mallonee got the rights to the character from her creator for his Heroic Publishing comics, and connected her to the hero Icestar (which may or may not have been her creator's backstory for her -- it wasn't mentioned in Hero Games publications). Hero Games thought they had the rights to Icicle, which is why she appeared for 5E in Conquerors, Killers, And Crooks. Snowblind first appeared in the 5E villain compendium, Evil Unleashed.

There is a lot of stuff we can do using Icicle as a base.

Icicle with ice armor and HKA = a new Frostbite.

Icicle with no range entangle damage shield trigger when touch = Snow Maid.

Icicle with major transformation (person to ice sculpture) = whatever snow goddess of legend you wish.

Icicle with a teleportation, NND cold Damage Shield triggered when touched, and some mystical stuff with cold and ice = Jane Frost, sister to the legendary ice farie Jack Frost. Or even Jack himself. 

There was also Kryogen in the 4e book Enemies for Hire.  He was the son of Icicle and Starburst, aging at an accelerated rate, so that he's currently a child who looks like an adult.  His parents were kidnapped by a villain and he started working with Crusader (who is apparently Icicle's cousin) to pretend to be a villain in order to infiltrate the underworld and try to find his parents.  Crusader then died in the events described in Underworld Enemies, leaving him alone and stuck with everyone thinking he's a villain.

15 hours ago, Tjack said:

I just thought of the casting of a slender young woman with long brown hair who plays the bratty, younger sister of the hero who also had a problem with kleptomania .....Michelle Trachtenberg of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Her whole reason for being a thief is because she was born poor and thus wants to live life in the best highest lifestyle possible and she has a little brother that she was taking care of.  I believe that she was escaping an abusive father who hated her because she was a mutant.

31 minutes ago, starblaze said:

Her whole reason for being a thief is because she was born poor and thus wants to live life in the best highest lifestyle possible and she has a little brother that she was taking care of.  I believe that she was escaping an abusive father who hated her because she was a mutant.

This is why I would use her as a niece rather than a sister.

When she was given a civilian name it was Christine Saunders. Crusader's name was Sam Saunders. In a superheroic world, this is not a coincidence.

2 hours ago, starblaze said:

I have nothing against the character Icicle.  You may not be familiar with the show but on BtVS the character Dawn Summers went through a shoplifting phase as a teenage girl’s cry for attention.  She also cut herself one time, but that was for a specific purpose. 
   The program was very big on taking tropes of teen and college life and giving them a mystical/ horror bent.