Pariah

1 hour ago, unclevlad said:

The Trop is consistently ranked as one of the bottom 3 (at best) stadiums in baseball.  

Oakland is obviously one of the other two bottom three. What's the third one?

Looked like it varied.  The criteria were also not necessarily consistent.  Yeah, Oakland's the other one...bad field, bad conditions, bad everything.  You can get early September day games on MLB Network from time to time...and people are in coats.

But I was also leaving room.  Oakland and the Trop are often 1 and 2.  Rogers Center (Toronto), another pretty old park, gets mentioned.  Guaranteed Rate (White Sox) might get a composite #3, it rarely does well.

I've been to a bunch of ball parks, but only three still exist.  I've been to Fenway, Wrigley, and T-Mobile (nee Safeco Field).  (The first two were back in the '80s and early '90s.)  Also been to the Kingdome, old Busch Stadium in St Louis, Arlington Stadium in Texas, Old Comiskey, and a couple of minor league parks that also no longer exist (plus a third that I'm not sure of).

The NHL goes gutless...again.  At least IMO.

Evander Kane cross-checks Nazem Kadri...from several feet away, lines him up, skates in with clear intent, then hammers his stick straight into the back of Kadri.  RIGHT into the boards, head first.

In-game, Kane only gets a 5 minute major...not a game disqualification.  

Today, the league suspends Kane...for 1 game only.  

it was a DIRTY hit.  Flagrantly against the rules, because it's VERY risky...and Kadri required thumb surgery, so it looks like he's out for the rest of the playoffs.  

Hockey can be a pretty fun game to watch, but their refusal to deal with some of the fighting issues, and hits like this...they need to clean up their act.

Despite my deep reservation about wishing good things for any of your teams, Mr. P...I'm hoping for a blitz tonight, for the Avs.

Just switched to it, actually.  One nice thing about games in Canada is, the anthem singers are a) usually a good cut above the singers in US arenas...not always, but often, and b)  they almost never feel the need to add their "personal spin" on the SSB.  It's not a good song to begin with, but the stylized versions are simply horrific, far too often.

You HAVE to be kidding me......

A critical package finally arrived...coffee restock.  Not long after the Avs tie the game at 4.  OK, I'll go grab....

Neighbors left the interior light on, on their car.  Me being nice guy, I let them know.  

By the time I can get back, it's 5-4 Avs...and I missed it!!!!!!  ARGH!!!

OK, well, no big, cuz the Oilers just tied it at 5.  

Defense is for football, apparently....

We sat down for dinner when Edmonton was up 3-1. After we'd finished I pulled up the score on my phone and saw that it was 4-4. And then it refreshed, and then it was 5-4. So I went back into the living room and watched it become 5-5. And we just saw the overtime winner for Colorado.

Colorado completes their second sweep of the postseason and closes out their third series on the road. They still haven't lost a road game in the playoffs.

Stanley Cup Finals, here we come!

10 minutes ago, L. Marcus said:

... That logo confuses me.

I'm from even further away than you. Here's my attempt at understanding it...

The viruses under the ball are actually meant to be sand, dirt or just generally a divot. That's OK.

But why is God crying tears of blood?

On 6/1/2022 at 5:45 PM, Cygnia said:

On 6/6/2022 at 9:55 AM, death tribble said:

Wales beat the Ukraine to get to the World Cup

To add more context: Wales is going to the World Cup for the first time in more than 60 years.

AND they are in the same group as Iran, England, and the US.

Not sure I want to think about that group in Qatar.  Three of the four teams could all get arrested and then decapitated for having a post-match beer party there....

I suspect that it's more of a money parking lot rather than a money trail.

Also, I wonder if it will ever be known how many of the foreign workers who built all the stadiums came to Qatar and did not live to go home.