World Creation Superdraft 6: May 2022

1 hour ago, Hermit said:

Ah, flaw in my plan, I forgot Cadel was also a god of agriculture ... which means whatever is "said" it is possible the sun god's clergy knows the piety Lily's secret as well.  Depending on what Log thinks ;)

Do they grow in the sunlight? Of course Cadel knows! His priests wouldn't dream of harvesting the blossoms of tyranny, though. 

Unless they could find a proper use for them... 

Interference: Cadel's followers can brew a very special concoction from the Piety Lily without risking addiction. 😇

Gift to Civilization: The Mantic Arts.

The line between Life and Death is permeable. Someone suitably knowledgeable can summon, or dismiss, the spirits of the dead.

Call it Witchcraft, Shamanism or even Necromancy, this is the gift of Mantus (an aspect of Mania).

Unconstrained by mortal limitations, the dead know more of the world than the living. They are even given glimpses of the future. Furthermore, their knowledge of the past means that much knowledge that would otherwise be lost can be regained.

Of course, the reincarnated drink of the waters of Lethe before their journey, so their knowledge may be lost. Can past incarnations be remembered? Mantus is silent.

Mantus is always silent.

G'Brill, of course, remembers.

(Actually, the Lost Knowledge stuff makes all this problematic, and is potentially a snipe. I could always use my Interference pick to legitimize the Dead remembering.)

1 hour ago, Logan.1179 said:

Do they grow in the sunlight? Of course Cadel knows! His priests wouldn't dream of harvesting the blossoms of tyranny, though. 

Unless they could find a proper use for them... 

Interference: Cadel's followers can brew a very special concoction from the Piety Lily without risking addiction. 😇

I need a 'shakes gauntleted fist in tyrannical rage' emoji!

Also, well played ;)

10 hours ago, death tribble said:

For all participants if we did a Fantasy Hero draft in July or August would you be interested ?

Smaller scale obviously but I will post a thread looking for details.

I would definitely be interested. I have a lot of ideas that need to get out of my head and onto electrons.

Elements of my cosmology have already come out here, in a form distorted by other people's picks.

O mortals, to the loving union of souls there can be no impediment. Bodies matter too, though, and some unions are less feasible than others.

For those sufficiently determined in their passion, though, We grant requital. The F;lower of Rebirth can grant thee a new form so they union be consummated with they beloved.

Do not confuse it with the roses of Chroma or the piety lily of Xarn Tarsus. The Flower of Rebirth is MUCH BIGGER.

Flora: Flowers of Rebirth.

Wags sometimes also call them Womb Blooms. A Flower of Rebirth resembles a gigantic lotus. They can grow nearly anywhere except the driest desert, desert, the most barren mountain, or an ice floe (though they are nowhere common). Travelers' tales of dubious veracity even say that Flowers of Rebirth grow under the sea.

To use a Flower of Rebirth, climb inside. You will find a narrow but elastic tube descending through the plant's stalk. Squirm down it into a damp, scented sac under the ground. (Only the oldest, largest flowers can accommodate giant dwarves or dragons, but they do grow that big.) As you fall asleep, think upon the form your heart demands. After the passing of a moon (any moon, the sun is no help in telling time, calendars will be a bitch for this world...) You will wake up as the sac heaves and squeezes you back out in your new form. All genders and all sapient species are possible, though it is highly unlikely anyone ever entered a womb bloom in order to become a demon in a bottle.

(Spoilered for being a little racier than usual for the Forum, though I don't think any naughty bits are visible.)

Spoiler

dbzqru8-36ca62e1-e3e7-44fd-bb94-72aa1036f084.jpg.3b99bc1c4e6f2662370fb035a9adbe4c.jpg

Many myths are told about the origin of Flowers of Rebirth, but they usually involve doomed lovers. In Bliskeroy, they were two elves from feuding houses, both slain by their own parents for their forbidden love. In Xolten they were a dragon and a ghoul who committed suicide. Every story ends, though, with the Lovers taking pity upon them and merging them into the first Flower of Rebirth. Some people say these flowers grow wherever doomed love ends in mutual death. When asked the priests of Cadel mumble something about 'higher truth,' while priests of the Lovers say they aren't gardeners, ask the priests of Cadel.

Dean Shomshak

As for the "Opinions of Other Gods" bits that people are doing: The Lovers love you all, each in your own ways. Because They know that each of you loves, in your own ways. Yes, even Xarn Tarsus.

"Nonssensse," the Koutpa priest sneered. "Love is a weaknesss. Our mosst holy Massster cares only for Power."Sssuch are the waysss of the ssstrong."

The faun smiled slightly. "And if he -- or you -- had no one to be master of? That shows a need for connection." Her grin grew broad. "Not a healthy kind of love, perhaps, but your master still feels its call. Do you imagine he could exist alone?" Her voice softened. "Can you?" And she turned to leave.

Dean Shomshak

image.jpeg.7189a4f34e3baccbcaff78c3f3828f87.jpeg

WORLD CREATION SUPERDRAFT 6

OUR WORLD CREATORS THIS YEAR ARE . . .

Player 1 Assault God Mania Goddess of Death

• Geography. The Underworld, Hekk

• Sentient Life. Ghouls

• Gift to Civilization. The Mantic Arts

• Fauna. Storks

• Interference.   

• Mythic Monster or Guardian. Reaper the Sword of Death

• Secondary Domain. Lost Children

• Secondary Domain . Judgement

• Secondary Domain: Magic

Player 2,csyphrett  God Amonia, Goddess of Cleanliness

• Geography. 

• Sentient Life. 

• Gift to Civilization: 

• Fauna. Brownies

• Interference: Healing can only be done in a clean environment

• Mythic Monster or Guardian. 

• Secondary Domain. Home and Hearth

• Secondary Domain. Solvents

• Secondary Domain. 

Player 3,Death Tribble  God Olandria, Goddess of the Moons

• Geography. The Moons

• Sentient Life: 

• Gift to Civilization. Moon Wheat (food that grows in the dark)

• Flora/Fauna: 

• Interference: 

• Mythic Monster or Guardian. The Killing Moon

• Secondary Domain. Revenge

• Secondary Domain. Night and Shadow

• Secondary Domain. 

Player 4,Dshomshak  God The Lovers

• Geography. The Fire Labyrinth

• Sentient Life. Fauns

• Gift to Civilization. Fire

• Flora. Flowers of Rebirth

• Interference. Trance Possession

• Secondary Domain. Connection

• Secondary Domain. Ecstatic Revelry

• Secondary Domain:Grief

• Secondary Domain: Music and Dance

Player 5 Hermit God Xarn Tarsus God of Tyranny

• Geography. Empire of Xar Tarsun

• Sentient Life. Koutpa, the Snake People

• Gift to Civilization. Hierarchy

• Flora.  The Piety Lily

• Interference: 

• Mythic Monster or Guardian:Spawn Mother 

• Secondary Domain: Persecution

• Secondary Domain  Envy

• Secondary Domain .Censorship and Obfuscation 

Player 6  L Marcus God Astrasia, Goddess of Healing

• Geography.  The high Sun desert

• Sentient Life. The Alfar Ljosalfar and Dokkalfar, Light Elves and Dark Elves

• Gift to Civilization. Flying Ships

• Fauna: Tame Dire Wolves

• Interference:  Boxes. These attract cats

• Secondary Domain.  Reincarnation

• Secondary Domain: Peace of Mind

• Secondary Option. Frozen Fungal Forest of Starside

Player 7 Log God Cadel, God of the Sun

• Geography. A tidally locked planet

• Sentient Life. Propyl

• Gift to Civilization. Agriculture

• Fauna. Lion

• Interference: .Cadel’s followers can brew a non-addictive Piety lily potion

• Mythic Monster or Guardian. The Griffin

• Mythic Monster or Guardian 2: Keeper, gleaming golden shield

• Secondary Domain. Revelation

• Secondary Domain. Protection

• Secondary Domain: Aspiration

Player 8 Old Man God Aporturn, Lord of Doors

• Geography. .Portals of Ostance

• Sentient Life: Cats

• Sentient Life 2: Sphinxes

• Gift to Civilization.

• Flora, Fauna, or Ore. Great Woodpecker

• Interference. 

• Secondary Domain / Option. Opportunity

• Secondary Domain: Interference: Discovery

• Secondary Domain / Option. Progress

Player 9, Pariah God G’Brill, Goddess and Patron of Lost Causes

• Geography. Dubious Lands of Fable

• Sentient Life. Twilighters

• Gift to Civilization.Hope 

• Fauna: The Druun

• Interference. Unrequited Love

• Mythic Monster or Guardian. Qowat Milat

• Secondary Domain. The Unknown

• Secondary Domain. The Horseshoe Nail. (For want of a nail)

• Secondary Domain:.Lost Knowledge 

Player 10, Pattern Ghost God Thrum God of Metal

• Geography. 

• Sentient Life. Giant Dwarves

• Gift to Civilization. 

• Flora. 

• Interference. Giant Mongeese

• Mythic Monster or Guardian. The Ferrous Colossus

• Secondary Domain. Mercy

• Secondary Domain. Freedom

• Secondary Domain War

Player 11, Psybolt God Chroma the God of Colors

• Geography. A city sized meteor

• Sentient Life. Colourful Chinese Dragons

• Gift to Civilization. Sugar Based foods like Cotton Candy

• Flora. Roses

• Interference. 

• Mythic Monster or Guardian. Teju Jagua

• Secondary Domain. Fireworks

• Secondary Domain. Sight

• Secondary Domain.Lasers 

Player 12, Sociotard God Egalitus, God of Laborers, Hirelings and Trade Unions

• Geography. City State of Colonial Hekk

• Sentient Life. Humans

• Sentient Life 2: Demons in Bottles

• Gift to Civilization. Weekends and holidays

• Fauna. Mules

• Interference. Laser Cats

• Mythic Monster or Guardian.  The Beast of Blair Mountain

• Secondary Domain. Retirement and respect for the retired

• Secondary Domain: 

• Secondary Domain: 

Some of us are almost finished

If one of your picks is dependent on someone else, please let me know and why it is so

In order of roster

Assault has an Interference to pick

and his bonus which is a Geography

csyphrett has Geography

Sentient Race

Gift to Civilisation

Secondary Domain/Option

and a bonus Interference to pick

Death Tribble has Sentient Race (waiting on csyphrett's pick to see what is not covered)

Interference

Fauna/Flora/Ore

Secondary/Domain/Option to pick

DShomshak has a bonus Secondary Domain/Option to pick but is otherwise complete

Hermit has Interference

A Mythic Monster/Guardian

and a Bonus Mythic Monster/Guardian to pick

L Marcus has a Mythic Monster/Guardian

and the Bonus interference to pick

Log has a Secondary Domain/Option to pick

And maybe is replacing the lion ?

Old Man has Gift to Civilisation

And Interference to pick

Pariah has Gift to civilisation

and a secondary domain/option to pick

If anyone has an idea that would fit Pariah's concept post it and ask Pariah to review it. His bonus pick was one I suggested so that is why he has Secondary Domain/Option left

Pattern Ghost has Geography

Gift to Civilisation

Fauna/Flora/Ore

and Bonus Mythic Monster or guardian to pick

Psybolt has Interference

and bonus Secondary Domain/Option to pick

Sociotard has Geography

and two Secondary Domain/ Options to pick

Right based on the back of potential misunderstanding I am offering the option of a bonus pick or revision to existing choices.

When I do the list that sets out what options the Gods have it Flora/Fauna/ore is usually shortened to Fauna or Flora and Secondary Domain/Option is shortened to Secondary Domain. It is thus possible that someone looked at their list and the list of others and thought they had to pick a Flora or Fauna instead of Fauna/Flora/Ore, or that they had to pick a Secondary Domain instead of an option.

So while the initial post that starts the thread is right, the potential for confusion exists. On that basis if you have a choice that you did not make due to confusion, let me know and we can either use a bonus or revise the choice.

Alternately if anyone of you can give me a reason that Amonia has a second interference I'll give you a bonus choice of your choosing.

And if any of you wants to shamelessly grovel to me in this thread in order to get a bonus choice go right ahead. One bonus per player. Grovelling must not be to the character but to me personally and must be in the thread. No PMs. You have to be willing to let the others know to what ends you will go..

Let's see what I can get away with.

Geography: City-state of Colonial Hekk

I admit it now: Xarn Tarsus tricked me. I was ashamed of the laser cats. I've apologized for them already, and you want me to do so again I shall, but let us finish this. The laser cats were ravaging the Empire. My workers had already mounted enormous metal cubby towers (effectively lots of boxes), but the destruction was still unbearable. Xarn Tarsus called on me to persuade the workers to start a mine. An underground city, a subterranean refuge, a cat-less refuge.

And I did.

We dug deep and fast. The laborers began to complain of general unease, but I urged them on. Yes, I did do that. We dug deeper, faster, harder. Priests began distributing extract of that thrice-damned lily, and in my shame I did not stop them. We dug with fury, with passion, with bloody hands and shattering tools.

And then the floor collapsed and the undead ghouls poured up.

I am a god of workers, not warriors. My people might be fine in a common picket-line brawl, but in a fight like this they were as grass. I turned to Xarn Tarsus, expecting mutual horror at our error. Ours. He merely nodded and waved at his staff. As the last of my workers fell, the Empires army charged down the tunnel and into the morass of ghoul spirits. How he prepared them against the ghouls, I do not know; I had thought them invincible.

It took months after that, but he secured a small territory on the outskirts of Hekk. Hekk itself! My workers are still there, and still working. They call it Zombie-ism: when the promise that death would end labor is broken, and the dead are forced to labor for eternity. I do not know how to free them. Xarn Tarsus has expanded his tyranny to colonize the lands of the dead. The colony is indeed a refuge from laser cat attack, though principally for those high in the imperial hierarchy and their treasures. When the attacks stop, it remains a manufacturing hub, reliant on whatever souls he can capture on their way to Hekk.

G'Brill has one final gift to bestow upon the denizens of this dark and complicated world. An unexpected one, perhaps, but entirely fitting her character and goals.

To those who struggle in the service of lost causes, G'Brill bestows her greatest Gift to Civilization: Hope.

There is no guarantee of success. There never has been, and least of all in the pursuit of the Unknown or the Unattainable. But in all circumstances, even (or perhaps especially) the hopeless ones, there is Hope.

Hope shines the light when darkness encloses.

Hope stands when all else is fallen.

When all is lost, Hope remains.

6 hours ago, death tribble said:

DShomshak has a bonus Secondary Domain/Option to pick but is otherwise complete

I haven't done my Mythic Monster/Guardian yet, but I hope to post it by day's end.

Bonus Domain/Option: Music and Dance. (I expressed interest in this earlier, but wasn't sure if I could take it or if someone else wanted it. No one has claimed it yet, so I do.)

For fauns, certainly, music and dance are inextricably linked. Their hooves supply percussion to the music for which they dance, and they dance a lot.

The rhythms of sound and motion invite people to join them. The result is unified action without force of compulsion, a bringing together in joy. Dancing is an excellent form of courtship. Hymns connect mortals to their gods. Trance possession is most easily attained in a revel combining both music and dance.

And work songs for a gift to Egalitus. The labor shall not weary as much when guided by song, the hands with their tools moving in rhythm to make a form of dance. Though Xarn Tarsus quickly installed drummers in the war-galleys of Xar Tarsun to supply a guiding rhythm for the slaves at their oars. Well, the Lovers are not a god of good and evil.

Dean Shomshak

2 hours ago, Pariah said:

G'Brill has one final gift to bestow upon the denizens of this dark and complicated world. An unexpected one, perhaps, but entirely fitting her character and goals.

To those who struggle in the service of lost causes, G'Brill bestows her greatest Gift to Civilization: Hope.

There is no guarantee of success. There never has been, and least of all in the pursuit of the Unknown of the Unattainable. But in all circumstances, even (or perhaps especially) the hopeless ones, there is Hope. Hope shines the light when darkness encloses. Hope stands when all else is fallen. When all is lost, Hope remains.

Sniped! I am hopeless now!

I considered Hope, nice choice. Nearly a snipe. For my final secondary domain, instead, I choose Aspiration! Not to be confused with Ambition, which is often associated with Xarn's Hierarchy. Aspiration is much more personal, the dream of creating a better self, regardless of the position of others. 

Capa+-+Catch+The+Sun+-+Aspiration+-+Fren

The king squeezed his wife's hand. She was as beautiful as the day they wed, and  with their infant son healthy, the future of the kingdom should be secured.  Alas, the pressure from the priesthood of Xarn Tarsus to declare their god the official state religion was growing, and they were too friendly with the empire for his liking. Still, they'd taken his last letter of refusal with more grace than they expected. 

"Careful with the stairs, love," His queen told him, recapturing his focus. Her hand tightening as they took the walk on the outside of the castle, "It can be slippery out here."

"You're the one who wanted to see the the stars tonight, my love" He smiled.

"Yes," She smiled looking up at him. For only a moment, he looked down and saw some sort of... was that an eye in the back of her throat staring at him with malice? "You have defied the will of Xarn Tarsus. Know your foolish ways have cost you...everything. Your son and heir will be raised to worship him."

And his loving wife pushed him off the stairs with surprising eagerness and strength.

The spawn daughter inside of the Queen, soon to be mourning widow who lost her husband to a 'tragic accident' and regent of this kingdom, mentally sent word to the Spawn mother. Somewhere, Somewhere Safe, the Spawn mother pulsed and took this message in. The daughters and mothers weren't really separate. It was just easier to refer to her extensions as daughters.. Let other monsters rampage, let other mythic guardians stand strong as targets. The Spawn Mother served Xarn Tarsus through hidden ways, subtle conquests, not in one body, but in dozens of them! Her daughters would slip into the ears and mouths of the sleeping, nearly undetectable, then take root in their body, mind and yes, soul.  It was actually rather pleasurable for the host if they didn't fight it.

Spawn Mother was one, Spawn Mother was legion. And Spawn Mother serves Xarn Tarsus, as shall all nations as she helps cement his will.

Mythic Monster/Guardian: Spawn Mother (and the Daughters she is one with)

fe305d642e33032bc70c55a34f2f0224.jpg

4 hours ago, Sociotard said:

Let's see what I can get away with.

Geography: City-state of Colonial Hekk

I admit it now: Xarn Tarsus tricked me. I was ashamed of the laser cats. I've apologized for them already, and you want me to do so again I shall, but let us finish this. The laser cats were ravaging the Empire. My workers had already mounted enormous metal cubby towers (effectively lots of boxes), but the destruction was still unbearable. Xarn Tarsus called on me to persuade the workers to start a mine. An underground city, a subterranean refuge, a cat-less refuge.

And I did.

We dug deep and fast. The laborers began to complain of general unease, but I urged them on. Yes, I did do that. We dug deeper, faster, harder. Priests began distributing extract of that thrice-damned lily, and in my shame I did not stop them. We dug with fury, with passion, with bloody hands and shattering tools.

And then the floor collapsed and the undead ghouls poured up.

I am a god of workers, not warriors. My people might be fine in a common picket-line brawl, but in a fight like this they were as grass. I turned to Xarn Tarsus, expecting mutual horror at our error. Ours. He merely nodded and waved at his staff. As the last of my workers fell, the Empires army charged down the tunnel and into the morass of ghoul spirits. How he prepared them against the ghouls, I do not know; I had thought them invincible.

It took months after that, but he secured a small territory on the outskirts of Hekk. Hekk itself! My workers are still there, and still working. They call it Zombie-ism: when the promise that death would end labor is broken, and the dead are forced to labor for eternity. I do not know how to free them. Xarn Tarsus has expanded his tyranny to colonize the lands of the dead. The colony is indeed a refuge from laser cat attack, though principally for those high in the imperial hierarchy and their treasures. When the attacks stop, it remains a manufacturing hub, reliant on whatever souls he can capture on their way to Hekk.

Assuming Assault is okay with that story.. most impressive

But mostly I think you're just trying to arrange for Mania to kick Xarn's ass ;)