World Creation Superdraft 6: May 2022

Okay, I don't think anybody has drafted booze yet. I have an idea for that bonus race. I won't be doing much fiction because I can only do this from my phone.

Sentient Race: Demons in Bottles

Each Demon lives most of the time in very normal bottles. However, Sentient races may 'drink' them. Each Demon confers a certain mind altering effect. Some are stimulants, some bring sleepiness, or lack of inhibition, or a sense of Cosmic connection, and so forth. Each Demon has only one effect (they think of it like eye color; everybody has one, some share the same one, and there is a lot of variety).

While under the influence you can see and talk to your Demon; you never really drink alone.

Either the Demon or host can send the Demon back to the bottle at any time. Hangovers occur, with a variety of symptoms and varying with host and Demon.

Demons are asexual; every now and then they ask a host to find a new bottle they can project offspring into.

Inspired by her past/present/future lover, here are Olandria's views on her fellow deities (in roster order).

Mania: The guardian of my lost race. She must not be opposed as she cares for them still. However I detest the Ghouls. I have an aversion to them but I will not hinder or hamper them. Your people will always see me as a member of another race.

Amonia: We have little to do with each other. Although your homes allow the dark in.

The Lovers: They gave me what I needed even if I did not know what I needed. They allow me to momentarily lose myself in sorrow or celebration. And they taught me that I could love again. I am forever grateful.

Xarn Tarsus: When the fighting starts we come together. He reminds me of what i could be and his actions may lead to me or mine to him. 

Astrasia: She healed me when she could have left me be. Her people embrace my domain and Cadel's which can not be a coincidence. 

Cadel: My love. But his insistence on the truth can be exasperating. Some things are best left in the dark. And he must realise that into every light a little darkness must fall.

Aporturn: He showed me that I could see my fallen again. His doors can lead anywhere but respects my wish that one of my moons must not be reached. He has my thanks and my respect. I am either seen as a black cat with an impressive collar by his race or as a human. 

G'Brill: Taught me that there can be a gap between Cadel and I is necessary and is neither good nor evil.

Thrum: Taught me that war can lead to freedom and mercy and not just revenge or Xarn Tarsus. I find him on the battlefield and stay at his side.

Chroma: The only one who ever made me happy without really trying. Roses, fireworks and the dragons. The dragons see me as human as I cannot match their grace and brilliance.

Egalitus: Gave us all humans. I like his workers. They fascinate me. I could sit and watch them for hours.

5 hours ago, Old Man said:
These hunters with keen sense and vision
Reflexively kill with precision
Out the doorway they'll pounce
And right back in they'll bounce
Fierce killers cursed with indecision

tiger-in-the-doorway-john-staple.jpg

Sentient Life: Cats

Cats of all sizes find themselves drawn to doors for the ambush potential, and it is more common to see a doorway with a cat nearby than one without. Cats also have a irresistible desire to see what is on the other side of a door, especially if one is opened near them.  For their curiosity and wanderlust, they are the totem animal of the Lord of Doors.

I'm curious. This is Sentient life choice instead of Fauna. So they're roughly as smart as humans? Could do a possession trance etc?  Which if so is kind of cool. No opposible thumbs but they can ponder philosophy and work out math problems.

Does this mean Log's earlier pick of Lions now are as smart, or are they the dummy heads out of the feline kingdom? 

57 minutes ago, Hermit said:

Does this mean Log's earlier pick of Lions now are as smart, or are they the dummy heads out of the feline kingdom? 

I will say lions are intelligent now. They could make wonderful priests! 

Commish, perhaps I should make another flora/fauna pick now. I'll leave that to you.

4 hours ago, death tribble said:

Rodne. orbiting moon that goes around the equator. Forested and green. Lots of vegetation.n and a gray moon.

Lots fauns on Rodne. Of course Olandria has a standing invitation to join their revels.

2 hours ago, Sociotard said:

Okay, I don't think anybody has drafted booze yet. I have an idea for that bonus race. I won't be doing much fiction because I can only do this from my phone.

"Drink" mentioned in the description for Ecstatic Revelry, IIRC. That the drinks are intelligent beings gives new meaning to, "My only friend is in this bottle." The Lovers approve.

(And a shout ot to Chroma for roses, also pleasing to the Lovers.)

Dean Shomshak

The Empire of Xar-Tarsun has always been. It also grew from a glorious campaign against heretics and unbelievers. It was also robbed of it's full legacy, justifying any and all actions Xar-Tarsun makes to further expand it's borders now.  It  is the strongest political body and nation in the world, able to crush all due to its greatness. It is also beset from all sides by ambitious and envious lessers. Just ask the priests of its Patron God, Xarn Tarsus. They will tell you what truths you need to know.

Those who look for banned and censored history might find books depicting a myth that could not be possibly true. A tale of the first born of Xarn Tarsus, a great world serpent that was so large that it looped about the globe end to end acting as a living continent that passed through darkness, twilight, and finally into sunlit lands. In these blasphemous books, the this great serpent was named Vyrdensfrelzer. Vyrdensfrelzer was meant to be the great threat by which Xarn Tarsus could rule all by threat of world destruction. If he did not get his way, says this book of obvious lies, the Tyrant Lord would merely threaten to order his son to squeeze. Tidal waves, earth quakes, and great storms would wrack the globe! And, if it persisted, Vyrdensfrelzer was able to break it in half.

Such an ingenious threat worked well for untold centuries (Some would say thousands of years), and as Vyrdensfrelzer floated on the surface of ocean, growth grew upon it. Jungles bloomed onto his scales, marshes pooled about his sides, Dirt and rocked form a bout the mountains that were  the ridges along its spine! Vyrdensfrelzer became over time, a living continent; not just a threat of death, but a place where families of multitudes .took in with wonder and delight the beauty the back of Vyrdensfrelzer provided!

Vyrdensfrelzer was, at first, every bit as wicked as his father (Calling the Hero Tyrant god 'wicked' is proof such books are mere propaganda). and resented the dwellers on his back, but then some foul unknown god whispered lies to him, told Vyrdensfrelzer that these people were not his possessions, but his charges, that it was not fear of his father that made him beloved by them, but by  the bounty they plucked from his great body! Even the censored books (Full of lies, not to be trusted) don't say which god or goddess subverted Vyrdensfrelzer with these treacherous ideas but Cadel and  G’Brill are most suspect. No doubt others are in the running but everyone agrees Thrum wouldn't have been QUIET about it.

So, one century, when Xarn Tarsus was ready to make his threat, he ordered his son to squeeze and set off the typhons, to release the quakes, and bring destruction to tens of thousands... Vyrdensfrelzer said .. "No, Father. I don't think I shall. What you propose is wrong, I will not cause harm to the innocents of this world, especially when so many of them call me home."

You see how this story cannot be true? A son of Xarn Tarsus DEFY his father? Not out of a challenge born of ambition even, but rather meekness? And Mercy? No, this tale is a lie. Though, were it not a lie, it still would not have ended well for Vyrdensfrelzer. Xarn Tarsus took the form of a great giant and entered the waters, then lifting his son out of the world grip, he BROKE the traitor bastard into three Uneven parts, the serpentine spine severing. Multitudes died anyway, and those parts became mere land.  Upon these pieces were built the Empire! 

There is a piece in each part of the world's oceans .  The Largest part in the sunlit lands, though not as big as the landmass the high sun desert is upon. It is a tropical place with great green canopy and ocean currents cooling it enough so it does not grow barren. It has cloud cover aplenty as well  The smallest chunk is the Twilight lands but it is here the Capitol city of Xarncrown can be found  (Of course, other cities hope to one day take that spot in the Empire) and the terrain there is less forested with rolling hills and some fine agricultural lands. The second largest bit of the empire is Starside, one might assume it was cold but it is close to the equator and the moons reflect some light and heat back, and here the currents of the ocean bring warmth .The fact that this land seems to have an unusual amount of underground steam vents popping to the surface to heat around them explains the great swamp pools at the edges of high mountains like tears pooling off check bones. While not the smallest in size, it is in population, and the Empire is challenged here by rebels, insurrectionists, teamsters and would be one hit wonders.
70a3b45fe9f75f37a91d622a659c7b29.jpg

Geography: The Empire of Xar-Tarsun (And the remnants of Vyrdensfrelzer, the world serpent who sinned against his father by having compassion)

It should also be noted that on each of these landmasses there are 'non imperial parts' that other lesser nations might claim but officially it ALL belongs to the Empire. They have flags!

On 5/3/2022 at 5:51 PM, death tribble said:

Log gets a second Mythic Monster/Guardian

Inspired by Assault's selection of Reaper, I counter with creation of Keeper, a gleaming golden shield that can be worn by most humanoid races. A divine artifact that is completely unbreakable when used in defense of another. When invoked, it casts a light that repels dark creatures like Druun, Ghouls, demons, and often Koutpa. 

lion-head-sculpture-shield-d-rendering-i

My final Secondary Domain: Magic

In their manifestation of Mantus, the Goddess (or God!) of Death is also the patron of magicians, of a certain type.

(More on that in later picks.)

Ghouls as dark creatures? Hmph. If it wasn't for the Ghouls, the living world would be covered in carrion, and many other icky things...

IF we could get straight answers and opinions from Xarn Tarsus on his fellow gods, it might read like this:

Mania: "None judge Xarn" *beat* "I do like the ghouls though. Very efficient"

Amonia: "An obsessive cleaning disorder does not a goddess make but cleaning does provide more work for the menials."

Olandria: "Generous, but one is slow to trust a 'friend' who quite literally has everything you own surrounded"

The Lovers: "Trance Possession was an affront to me at first, but I have turned it to my advantage, as I do with all things. So the Lovers are tolerable, for now. Let them spread their lesser drive now and then. It keeps some distracted from my works"

Astrasia: "More elves are under my influence than she dares imagine. In the mean time, she does serve a purpose. Servants and Subjects, like any other equipment, require maintenance." 

Cadel: "Increasingly problematic. He seems to think he's the center of our universe, and thus is vastly deluded, but one can't deny his power. He wields truth like a club, when it is meant to be a scalpel; selective and precise."

Aporturn: "Opportunity, Progress? Discovery? How can I yoke these properly to benefit my needs without risking losing what I have? A challenging puzzle."

G'Brill: "A goddess withdraws her control? Gives up the fruits of power? And takes up the causes that gain her nothing?  I don't understand... is she mad, or playing a long game? What's she plotting!"

Thrum: "No, I am not humoring you by saying your name with a musical sting, you screeching anti-establishment toad. Oooh Mercy AND War...what a rebel." Eyes roll  "Get a hair cut get a job!"

Chroma: "On one hand, I suppose Chroma serves as a fine distraction, on the other hand, that meteor... I refuse to accept our world is to be doomed by sparkly pastels!"

Egalitus: "Thanks to this short sighted twit, efficiency is down 15%. I've had to reconfigure whole new systems of dominance because of him. And don't get me STARTED on those Mule things... I mean, really, half donkey half horse can't breed is.. ick. Just ick" 

There is a fable concerning Xarn Tarsus and the other gods of conflict Olandria and Thrum. :rockon: although it mainly concerns the first two.

It so happened that one being got tired of Tyranny and decided to end it. No-one now knows whether he was human, cat, giant dwarf, elf or something else. He set off on a great journey talking to all that he came across and preaching against Tyranny and how all peoples should band together to fight it. In time Xarn Tarsus himself came to hear of this being and he began to think what lesson he could make them learn. At this point The God of War and the Goddess of the Moons came to see him.

'I take it one of you is here to talk to me of freedom and mercy while the other offers me revenge, is that not so ?' said Tyranny's fountainhead.

'What if you could take revenge and yet also show mercy without doing anything at all' replied the Goddess.

Persecution's General looked sceptical but the Master of War said 'If we told you to do something or asked you to do something, you would be offended and very likely would not do it. We wish to offer you another way which not only help you now but also in the future. Listening to us will not alter the destiny of this creature'.

The Censor of All Things signalled that he would hear them.

The Champion of Darkness then explained 'It would be perfectly natural for you to strike this entity down which fits well with Tyranny and Persecution. Only understand this it might be considered that you so feared him that you had to act swiftly and ruthlessly or else be yourself destroyed'

Xarn sneered but Shadow's Delight continued, 'It might be seen that you had made them a martyr and then others would take up his belief. The more you cracked down on them, the stronger and more determined they might become. Until such time that they could challenge you and even if Deicide did not occur you might be left weakened'

Envy's Gallant Knight stopped to digest this argument, While it was unthinkable or impossible that he could be brought down by a mortal, successors who kept coming until one was potentially backed by a god would be a serious proposition. And it was Olandria that spoke to him. She had killed another god and it had weakened her. Well in his eyes it certainly had.

'Here is our suggestion. Ignore him and we will ask another God to adopt him. This God will ensure it goes no further. You achieve revenge by doing nothing and also show mercy by the same.' stated Metal's Mightiest Master.

'Which God will you ask that can stop him without harming him ?' asked The Warlord of all Tyranny puzzled.

'G'Brill, the patron of Lost Causes' said the Witch of All Shadows.

And Xarn Tarsus grinned giving his assent to the plan. The War God and the Moon Goddess sought out G'Brill and so the quest to end Tyranny became a lost cause as no-one would follow the being in his grand design. But he was not harmed which was a mercy and he had the freedom to do what he wished but Xarn Tarsus had revenge. He died and passed unknown into the Underworld. The Gods however had thwarted something that could have become a problem for one that might eventually encompass them all. For might one arise who disliked Colour, Healing, Love equally and set out to destroy that.

Hermit and Pattern Ghost, please feel free to suggest amendments.

41 minutes ago, Hermit said:

IF we could get straight answers and opinions from Xarn Tarsus on his fellow gods, it might read like this:

G'Brill: "A god withdraws his control? Gives up the fruits of power? And takes up the causes that gain him nothing?  I don't understand... is he mad, or playing a long game? What's he plotting!"

*She. And that's for her to know and Xarn Tarsus to find out.

44 minutes ago, Hermit said:

Uhm?

I really didn't see Xarn Tarsus as being new to the job or replacing a predecessor nor wanting to quit?

Sorry DT, don't mean to kill your fun, but I'd prefer not to go by that.

Now you have me confused. I see the new to the job bit but not the other. 

The story is of someone trying to get rid of Tyranny so that it does not exist at all. While XT could kill them or otherwise stop them, the others point out it might inspire someone else. And the pattern repeats until they could challenge the God or even defeat him. And this eventual mortal might be helped by another God. So get the mortal adopted as a Lost Cause and they thus fade instead of being any form of threat.

2 hours ago, death tribble said:

Now you have me confused. I see the new to the job bit but not the other. 

The story is of someone trying to get rid of Tyranny so that it does not exist at all. While XT could kill them or otherwise stop them, the others point out it might inspire someone else. And the pattern repeats until they could challenge the God or even defeat him. And this eventual mortal might be helped by another God. So get the mortal adopted as a Lost Cause and they thus fade instead of being any form of threat.

Sorry for any misunderstandings,you wanted my and Pattern Ghost suggestions, but I think I'll pass on that.