World Creation Superdraft 6: May 2022

The lands of Under-Sun are vast, and most of it is made out of the High-Sun Desert. The fringes, the rugged slopes above the sea, are verdant enough, thanks to almost daily rainfall, but the highlands are a vast sea of sand dunes. The Green Coast has many cities, peopled by all kinds of folk -- mostly Humans and some Ljósálfar -- but the desert is home to the Ljósálfar alone. 

There are six great cities and many smaller settlements scattered over the land, each in an oasis. Every settlement is independent, and each govern themselves according to their own wishes, but the great city of Anóriath is ruled by one of the Firstborn -- the first Álfar created by Astrasia. This chief is respected and revered by all, but they rarely give commands. Their advice and suggestions, though, are always considered, and if they speak on an issue, then that issue is deemed worthy of consideration, no matter how seemingly trivial.

The Ljósálfar are known to the Humans by many names: Bronze Elves, Sun Elves, Sand Elves, the Indifferent. Tall and slim, with tan skin and fair hair, and bronze or copper eyes, they have a striking look. Managing to both look to the future and live in the present, they seldom wage wars except in dire extremities. They excel at skirmishing, where their skill with their horn-bows, keen spears, and long war-knives make their enemies fear even the look of the red desert.

image.jpeg.4fa58da53229ffa596f1e44d44cd7243.jpeg

WORLD CREATION SUPERDRAFT 6

OUR WORLD CREATORS THIS YEAR ARE . . .

Player 1 Assault God Mania Goddess of Death

• Geography. The Underworld, Hekk

• Sentient Life. 

• Gift to Civilization. 

• Fauna. Storks

• Interference.   

• Mythic Monster or Guardian. 

• Secondary Domain. Lost Children

• Secondary Domain . Judgement

• Secondary Domain: .

Player 2,csyphrett  God Amonia, Goddess of Cleanliness

• Geography. 

• Sentient Life. 

• Gift to Civilization: 

• Flora. 

• Interference: 

• Secondary Domain. Home and Hearth

• Secondary Domain. Healing

• Secondary Domain. 

Player 3,Death Tribble  God Olandria, Goddess of the Moons

• Geography. The Moons

• Sentient Life: 

• Gift to Civilization. 

• Flora/Fauna: 

• Interference: 

• Mythic Monster or Guardian. The Killing Moon

• Secondary Domain. Revenge

• Secondary Domain. Night and Shadow

• Secondary Domain. 

Player 4,Dshomshak  God The Lovers

• Geography. 

• Sentient Life. 

• Gift to Civilization. 

• Fauna. Fauns

• Interference. 

• Secondary Domain. Connection

• Secondary Domain. Ecstatic Revelry

• Secondary Domain:Grief

Player 5 Hermit God Xarn Tarsus God of Tyranny

• Geography. 

• Sentient Life. 

• Gift to Civilization. Hierarchy

• Flora, Fauna, or Ore. 

• Interference: 

• Mythic Monster or Guardian: 

• Secondary Domain: Persecution

• Secondary Domain / Option: Envy

• Secondary Domain / Option.Censorship and Obfuscation 

Player 6  L Marcus God Astrasia, Goddess of Healing

• Geography.  The high Sun desert

• Sentient Life. The Alfar Ljosalfar and Dokkalfar, Light Elves and Dark Elves

• Gift to Civilization. 

• Fauna: 

• Interference:  

• Secondary Domain.  Reincarnation

• Secondary Domain: 

• Secondary Option. Frozen Fungal Forest of Starside

Player 7 Log God Cadel, God of the Sun

• Geography. A tidally locked planet

• Sentient Life. 

• Gift to Civilization. Agriculture

• Fauna. Lion

• Interference: .

• Secondary Domain. 

• Secondary Domain. 

• Secondary Domain: 

Player 8 Old Man God Aporturn, Lord of Doors

• Geography. .

• Sentient Life: 

• Gift to Civilization.

• Flora, Fauna, or Ore. 

• Interference. 

• Secondary Domain / Option. Opportunity

• Secondary Domain: Interference: Discovery

• Secondary Domain / Option. Progress

Player 9, Pariah God G’Brill, Goddess and Patron of Lost Causes

• Geography. 

• Sentient Life. Twilighters

• Gift to Civilization. 

• Fauna: The Druun

• Interference. Unrequited Love

• Secondary Domain. 

• Secondary Domain. 

• Secondary Domain. 

Player 10, Pattern Ghost God Thrum God of Metal

• Geography. 

• Sentient Life. 

• Gift to Civilization. 

• Flora. 

• Interference. 

• Secondary Domain. Mercy

• Secondary Domain. Freedom

• Secondary Domain War

Player 11, Psybolt God Chroma the God of Colors

• Geography. A city sized meteor

• Sentient Life. 

• Gift to Civilization. 

• Flora. Roses

• Interference. 

• Secondary Domain. Fireworks

• Secondary Domain. Sight

• Secondary Domain. 

Player 12, Sociotard God Egalitus, God of Laborers, Hirelings and Trade Unions

• Geography. 

• Sentient Life. Humans

• Gift to Civilization. Weekends and holidays

• Fauna. Mules

• Interference. 

• Mythic Monster or Guardian.  The Beast of Blair Mountain

• Secondary Domain. 

• Secondary Domain: 

• Secondary Domain: 

It is said that when the world came to be that it had a light side and a dark side. But it was said that the light was too bright on the light side and too dark on the dark side.

Then came something that brought darkness into the light and light into the darkness and these were the moons and this was the work of Olandria, the Goddess of the Moons.

Originally these were all of one colour until Chroma famously showed Olandria that you could do so much more you could do with colours on the moons.

It is claimed that Cadel and Olandria came together to agree that one could not go from the day side to the night side but that there should be something between and thus the twilight strip was formed.

The earliest portrayals of her by humans show a woman with long, raven black hair in a flowing white dress with a white moon in the background, Cifra with other moons shown in the background.

The portrayals later have Olandria with short hair in a black dress that covers her from neck to foot in human guise. She has a necklace representing her moons that she wears over the dress,

The Goddess latterly assumed control of the dark side of the planet as no-one had laid claim to it and many assumed she already had because her home was on Cifra.

It is claimed that that Cadel and Olandria agreed between them that his light would reflect off the moons and bring light into the dark and that the moons would bring darkness, shade and shadow into the light.

It all depends on which version one chooses to believe if indeed that is the way it happened.

For another version is that the two had a violent argument with Olandria storming off to sulk on Cifra. Cadel caused his light to come off the moons and light up the dark to entice her back. In revenge Olandria caused her moons to bring darkness onto the light side. Certain of the other gods mediated a peace between them.

What is certain is that Olandria assumed the mantle of Night and Shadow for all races. If they need light she has her moons provide it but if they need darkness the Goddess moves them away.

Only G'Brill, Cadel, Olandria and the Twilighters know for certain that the Moon Relus exists. It is a lost moon, a lost cause which amuses the gods no end. 

Secondary Domain: Night and Shadow

What happened to Olandria after committing deicide is a matter of conjecture and depends on the viewpoint of the god concerned.

At least one claim allegedly from Xarn Tarsus's followers is that the other gods were terrified that the Moon Goddess would lash out and kill them in her grief and despair while he proposed killing her.

Other claims are that she begged the others for help, or vanished for a while.

What is certain in all account is that Astrasia and the Lovers came to Cifra to see her. The Goddess of Healing helped Olandria and soothed her broken mind and heart but did not fully heal her as The Lovers pointed out that the moon goddess needed her connection to what she had done or else all would have been for nothing. The Lovers taught Olandria to cope with her grief and that she could and should lover again.

Thrum came next and taught her about mercy so that she knew something other than revenge. One claim here is that this was done particularly to stop her killing another god. Best not to say this in front of a God who embraces War or a Goddess known for Revenge.

After this Aporturn came to Cifra. He simply said 'Come' and took her by the hand to the Underworld where the two Gods were met by Mania.

Olandria was then reunited with her fallen children much to her delight. After a while she returned to her fellow Gods. In front of Mania, Olandria cut off her long hair and gave it to the Goddess of Death. ' I commend my people into your care and now you have something of me to prevent me from ever trying to take them from here. I will tell Astrasia that they may never be reincarnated. Ask of me anything on my moons and you can have it with the exception of The Killing Moon as it is alive.'

Mania thanked her and said she would let it her know what her decision would be.

On leaving the Underworld Olandria turned to Aporturn and thanked him. 'I would not have thought of this. You interceded with Mania and allowed me to see them again. I will grant a favour to your people for what you have done for me.

Three sets of worshippers state after this that Cadel and Olandria were lovers, are lovers, had a fling or will be lovers. Some of Cadel's adherents, some of Olandria's and some of the Lovers adherents make this claim. 

Still trying to work out how the bonuses apply to certain posters.

Pariah, csyphrett, Log and Hermit are ones giving me certain logical difficulties in explaining how they got an extra choice. One reason could be the they took on the mantle of the god that got killed.

The thought with Hermit is to do with conflict. Thrum would be attracted to War but that could bring in Olandria and Xarn Tarsus as Revenge, Tyranny/Persecution. So they could all be termed as War Gods or Conflict Gods. It might have something to do with that.

For Sociotard I had the inspiration that his people built something that reminded the Moon Goddess of her lost race and so she rewards them accordingly. I would like Sociotard's thoughts on this so that I can write the flavour text accordingly.

I would like to thank everyone for the effort so far as it has helped me give my own choice an extremely rich (too rich ?) back story.

I can't pick healing as a secondary domain, I will say healing can only be done in a clean environment as my interference. So that will take care of my pick from Wed, I think.

I am going to pick solvents as a secondary domain to replace healing. That should take care of Thursday, and give me one last secondary domain to pick.

I will create brownies as my sentient life. That should take care of Friday. So I think I am ready for Monday's pick.

CES

2 minutes ago, csyphrett said:

I can't pick healing as a secondary domain, I will say healing can only be done in a clean environment as my interference. So that will take care of my pick from Wed, I think.

I am going to pick solvents as a secondary domain to replace healing. That should take care of Thursday, and give me one last secondary domain to pick.

I will create brownies as my sentient life. That should take care of Friday. So I think I am ready for Monday's pick.

CES

You can pick healing as a secondary domain if you really want it. As I said if you can have multiple evil or chaos or war Gods then you can have healing as a secondary.

I will change it for the moment but you can hav it.

4 hours ago, death tribble said:

For Sociotard I had the inspiration that his people built something that reminded the Moon Goddess of her lost race and so she rewards them accordingly. I would like Sociotard's thoughts on this so that I can write the flavour text accordingly.

Sure, that sounds fun.

5 hours ago, death tribble said:

No.

Although Dance is available

That's on my list of possible Gifts to Civilization, though there are others. Actually it's Music and Dance, treating them as related, but I've held off because Music might be Thrum's gift. If Thrum takes Music, and the Lovers can take Dance as a bonus Gift (along with the one I'm definitely posting Monday), that would be excellent.(Fauns are great dancers, btw.)

Dean Shomshak

What happened was this:-

A monument celebrating the city was to be constructed but no-one had said what it should be nor what it should look like. Inspiration struck the workers and they did their own thing constructing and carefully crafting the structure. Egalitus himself felt that he should observe closely and came down incognito and unannounced as the task was finally completed. It was familiar to him but he could not immediately understand why. At this point officials arrived and you could see they were not pleased. As they were to make their opinion known darkness engulfed everything and the God knew who had arrived.

As quickly as it had appeared the darkness dissipated leaving a lone figure at its epicentre. The head official went to speak but then thought better of it and was silent. The workers were puzzled who was this ? At first they thought it was a man because the hair was cut short but they quickly realised that no man had a figure like that. She also wore a black dress with a necklace with round symbols which reminded them of ..... Uh oh. The Goddess of the Moons. The workers had all grown up with the story. Someone had opposed the workers and abolished holidays and weekends and a leader amongst the Trade Unions had cried out that they would be revenged. The moon Bala went Crimson Red, the purple moon appeared and Olandria descended in fury. The results were not pretty. Because of this, Egalitus had made it quite clear that his people should not cry out for Mercy or Revenge or a couple of other things as the other Gods would rapidly involve themselves. Call upon him first and then the others. The workers also noticed that only one other was not affected by the appearance of the Goddess and knew their patron was present.

Olandria walked around the monument. She ran her hands over it before turning to Egalitus.

'Your idea ?' she asked

''No', he replied 'And I know what it reminds you of so '

She raised a hand gently to stop him before he completed what he was going to say.

'I appreciate your concern but this reminds me of them. I was unaware that any memory remained among others. But this..... '

And she beamed. Egalitus had not seen her as delighted as this since Chroma had shown her the power of colour on the moons.

She stood by him. 'I have not known such service from your people unless they wanted something from me, Their creativity here was not done for my benefit but has so pleased me that I feel it must be rewarded. You know we are only allowed to have one race that we favour, that was the agreement that we all adhere to. However we could pool our powers and have one between us that comes from them. They will be yours as your people have honoured me'

Egalitus nodded,'I have something in mind' and whispered in the Goddess's ear. She smiled and said 'Agreed'

She walked towards the workers passing the officials as she did so. 'You know it would be a shame if something happened to this memorial. I might get. Upset.' And she looked straight at the officials who bowed and quickly left. Once they were out of hearing Olandria laughed and embraced the workers before returning to Bala which glowed a dusky red in the sky.

Sociotard let me know if this is ok and if you would like any amendments.

I already know what the Gift to Civilisation will be thanks to things that others have said during the draft and something that was picked as a choice.