Next BLANK Hero RPG Book...

So, tell me what Hero RPG would you like to see next.

Mecka Hero: Giant robot roleplaying, both Real Robots and Super Robot areas.

Kaiju Hero: A world of giant monsters. Fight against them. Fight as them.

Horror Hero: Generic horror story role-playing.

War Hero: Your in the army now boys. From the trenches of World War 2 to the elate anti-terroiist squad.

Steam Hero: Might of been covered by Victorian Hero already, so if so ignore this. It is an age ruled by steam.

Isaki Hero: Fantasy Hero supliment which helps the GM to play with Isaki rules.

Victorian Space: Space in a science fantasy world and victorian settings.

Cartoon Hero: Do we really need a GM, or a chaosproff babysitter?

Teen Hero: Come back to your high school for the emotional soap opera we call high school. Plus guides to add a teen game to various other games ("teens from mars", etc...).

Cyber Hero: Cyberpunk in the Hero System with the serial numbers filed off.

Survivor Hero: Post appopulass role-playing. Zombie is merely a subgenre. Same as punks after a nuke strike.

Pulp Hero: Two fisted storytelling I'm a world filled with gangsters.

Or something else.

Edited by Stanley Teriaca

I have no preference considering I must focus on hoarding what money I do get from taxes and cashing out my 401k on paying owed rent and owed utilities and survival for apparently two years. If you send anything, send me a game book.

Teen Hero? Don't confuse that with Teen Champions. It would be two different things (more Mod Squad, 21 Jump Street, and Digarsi High, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, less Teen Titans and Legion of Superheroes).

I would really like to see a War Hero book put out, probably best to do WW2 as the starting setting, then supplements for WWI, Vietnam, War on Terror, Civil War, Crimea, Napoleonic, etc.

An update reboot of Cyber Hero might be worth considering, too.  Kaiju Hero probably has a market as well.  It might be worth doing a Survival Hero, covering stuff like post-apocalypse and other end of the world scenarios like a giant meteor strike, zombies, etc

1 hour ago, DentArthurDent said:

Horror Hero and WW1 Hero.

BTW, I’m really enjoying Victorian Hero. We’re considering a cross-over with Western Hero as our first mini-campaign.

That’s totally cool to hear, keep us updated on that.  As far as WWI, it’s just a few years early of what I was thinking. I was a bit more barnstorming, gangbusting, and dishing out justice with some knuckles.  

Fifth Edition Champions laid a good foundation for that, with the Monster Island source book, and two Digital Hero articles, "Murder on Monster Island" (DH  32) and "Return to Monster Island" (DH 37). Personally I found all those kaiju a little under-powered, but that's pretty easy to adjust upward.

The daikaiju genre does seem to be particularly hot right now, in multiple media. If a book could be finished within a year, that wave might be ride-able.

2 minutes ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

I guess ideally that kind of source book would tell how to do both -- and fold robot hero into it.

If possible, a Pacific Rim-like tie-in would be ideal.

Edited by Lord Liaden

Want rules to fight big radioactive monsters or be big radioactive monsters [no giant robots please].

If possible include rules for evac of big cities and army defenses vs. the Tokyo destroying monsters!

19 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

The daikaiju genre does seem to be particularly hot right now, in multiple media. If a book could be finished within a year, that wave might be ride-able.

If possible, a Pacific Rim-like tie-in would be ideal.

Imagine a super team that specializes in fighting kaiju, either by using giant mecha like in Pacific Rim or by all of them being able to grow to kaiju size.

The latter could perhaps be done with a serum derived from the first kaiju that were defeated. Body horror issues might be a campaign subplot.