Heroic (or Villainous) Themed Duos

winterhawk

Marvel's New Warriors had a villian group called the Soldiers of Misfortune that went by this theme.

The ones I remember, a brainwashed Namorita and a captured mercenary who became Hard (with Nita's flying brick powers) and Fast (formerly Sparrow, she was a fast flier with a big gun).

Others included:

Cut (a sword weaponmaster with a claws) and Dry (who can dessicate things)

Right (a brawler with a deformed right arm, it had enhanced strength and looked as big as the rest of his body) and Wrong (she altered sensory perceptions, "see things wrong")

Light (with bright energy eyebeams) and Dark (who can make walls of Darkforce)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some more pulled from music and movie references:

Ghost and Darkness (hey, I actually liked that movie.) - Desolid and a Sesnory Interuption (darkness, flashes, Images..) duo.

The Angel and The Gambler (Iron Maiden reference, Up The Irons!) - no solid ideas, but I'd assume they'd be good guys. Possibly Old West themed.

More & Faster (KMFDM reference.) - A duplicating Brick and a Speedster.

Stars & Stripes (more KMFDM) - patriotic duo (well, maybe.. depending on if you modeled them after the song or not).

Some other random references ..

Sick & Twisted

Slash & Burn

Originally posted by Mayday

Song & Dance

Surely one of the most feared villain duos in musical theater history!

Whine & Roses

Originally, Cheese was with Whine, but she left him (despite Whine's annoying protests) for Ham. That's when whine latched onto Roses.

The Quick & The Dead (I think someone said it already)

I picture a speedster lugging around an inanimate, rotting corpse. Part of the grieving process is letting go.

Originally posted by Enforcer84

Mover and Shaker in Todd Nauck's Wildguard are a boy friend and girlfriend team; Brick and Seismic Control respectively.

I have a villain in my game called Mover-Shaker. He's a duplicating teleporter (with UAO, generates attacks by teleporting people up and dropping them).

Originally posted by Siberian Tiger

Okay so I can't count and there's three of them but how about Paper, Scissors and Stone - based on the kid's game.

Paper - had an entangle

Scissors - master of blades

Stone - a brick

That's another one I had but as a single character, like Mover Shaker, Rock-Paper-Scissors could turn into any of these forms. The paper form like yours had an entangle but moreso it was a darkness field (being covered), scissors form was a straightforward killing attack monster, and rock was also similar to yours, the basics,

Forgot to add my husband/wife team - Home Despot and Office Despot, both employees of the respective similarly-named stores, they use objects from those to create crime!

Well, they did until Home Despot was accidentally killed by the Justice Squad (the PCs) in a pitched battle in Kingpin's fallback lair.

Office Despot is in jail...but plotting her revenge...

Where is hack and slash surely some one has created a role-playing game obsessed villain team.

I can see it now

Hack archetypal barbarian adventurer wielding a mighty battle-axe seemingly inventible even though he only wears a fur loincloth

Slash red Sonya style swords woman chain mail bikini and twin swords and a belt full of throwing daggers

Together they fight well everything.

Of course unbeknownst to anyone Hack and Slash are psychokinetic projections of two gamers who acquired a mystic artifact a chalice that grants the ability to create your minds desire.

Unfortunately they found it at flea market and use it as a nifty dice cup so when ever they play there weekly fantasy game hack and slash roam the streets robbing dueling busting up taverns etc.

I came up with a variant on Hammer & Anvil by replacing them with a married couple. John Ball and Lisa Cheney were joined together by the alien Synthecon and became Ball & Chain, which IMHO was a better name than H & A and a more fun concept because the two of them were on the outs with their marraige and the heroes had to endure their constant bickering.

High and Mighty

High was a flying energy projecter. Mighty was a flying brick. They were "heros"

We had been playing out the great super villan contest. The GM thought we were getting a bit out of controll. We had just extorted a billion dollar ransom out of the city and were feeling pretty cocky. He brought in High and Mighty to reign us in.

Our first introduction to them was awe inspiring. One of the villan groups (Mr. Mean and the Nasties) was breaking up a charity parade on live TV for points in the contest. High and Mighty intervened. Our group was watching the event on TV from the relative safety of our base. Mr Mean was breaking up a couple of the floats as the Nasties held the police at bay. Laser eye beam blasts came from out of the sky killing two or three of the Nasties (autofire RKA with no range modifier). Mighty the streaked out of the sky into a move through on Mr. Mean blasting him through a building or two. Another phase of RKAs and a multiple move by killed the rest of the Nasties.

Their intoduction into capaign didn't have exactly the affect that the GM anticipated. We ralized that we couldn't afford a run in with High and Mighty. Rather than decide to reign on our villan personas we ecided to distract them. Our next caper was to spring all the villans in Stronghold (the super villan super max prison). Not only did that keep High and Mighty off our backs long enough to win the contest, but we were able to recruit a couple of the more financially motivated supervillans onto our team.

duo's

EVEREST AND JENNINGS

EVEREST - A growth themed brick, idealistic patriot working for the government.

JENNINGS - An amoral, casual killer Energy Projector.

Themed as the "Wheelchair" company, for being very effective leg breakers.

Eventually, the idealistic EVEREST went his separate ways, not being able to cope with the casual malice of his partner, JENNINGS. The resulting HUNTED, providing a good sidebar fight when the adventure bogged down.

I used NULL and VOID in a campaign.

SKULL and CROSSBONES (a rather piratical pair!)

VENUS and MARS (A cursed husband/wife team, who couldn't occupy the same universe at any given time; while one was in "our" universe, the other was essentially in "The Phantom Zone", and vice versa. When one would be knocked out of commission, the two would trade places...and the other would be in a position to do lots of recoveries! Obviously, the way to stop them would be to break the curse, and earn their eternal gratitude...)

And there was a brother/sister Martial Artist duo named YIN and YANG.

Guest WhammeWhamme

Low and Beholder...

Two characters ripped from a D&D universe... Low is a dwarven strongman, Beholder is just what it sounds like....

Originally posted by WhammeWhamme

Low and Beholder...

Two characters ripped from a D&D universe... Low is a dwarven strongman, Beholder is just what it sounds like....

"I'll take Characters That Winterhawk Would Never Use In His Campaign for $100, Alex." :P

Good idea, though.

Ball and Chain

A husband and wife team. Ball controls a floating orb which is a technological (or magical) weapon with various gizmos. Chain has telekinetic (or magic, whatever) chains extending from her wrists or back (ala Doc Oc or what have you).

I actually had a Hero Unlimited campaign built around Null N Void.

Null had Negate super powers and alter facial features. Void had chamelon, nightstalking and extraodinary vision, and was trained as a sniper. N or Negate was their little sister with Kinetic control powers and negative matter.

Their schtick was that Nul would shake the Superbeings hand and Negate their powers. when the Super realized his ppowers didn't work Void would shoot him or her. Null would dissappear into the crowd. They had worked together for several years before they realized it.

Their little sister found out and insisted on joining their team. As she could kick both their butts, they let her. They were a vicious team together.

They were a Superbing assassin Team.

Originally posted by devlin1

Okay, how about phrases that could be duos, but probably aren't?

Such as:

Rock and Roll

Tooth and Nail

Bells and Whistles

...um...

Ham and Cheese?

....uh--there are actually two comic book characters out there named MILK and CHEESE--dairy products gone bad....

one is a carton of milk, the other is a wedge of swiss cheese--their schtick is to go around meteing bloody, wanton violence on annoying people, and random strangers, all the time spouting bizarre puns and non-sequitors....

they're really quite funny, and must be seen to be believed--but i wouldn't want to get on their bad side, for they are masters of the eye gouge and sneak attack!!

attachment.php?s=&postid=274794