Supervillain Images

Richard Logue

Re: Supervillain Images

Heya Dave, those were pretty cool! Thanks for sharing! :)

Mags

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deathrider is cool' date=' but I think that right thigh of his is way oversized compared to the rest of the picture. Good colors. :)[/quote'] Gotta agree on the thigh thing, but beyond that, graet pics man! :)

What is the story behind Null? And Death Rider for that matter.

Mags: Yeah ... I realized that after I posted it ... I was aiming for some foreshortening, but I should've fattened up the left leg a bit more.

Aslan: Death Rider is a villain that was in an old Hero supplement called Villainy Unbound. I always enjoyed using him as a Scourge type of villain ;)

Null is the Sinestro of my game. Once a member of a galactic police force, he quit after having a disagreement of the ethics behind his bosses' ideas. From there he was recruited by a REALLY bad guy and given a powerful artifact that would be challenge even for his former alllies ;) My players meet him Saturday ... him and a gaggle of space-worthy foes (they just got to my version of Nar Shadda from Star Wars ... but with supervillains :) )

Thinking of looking through Alien Enemies for my next pic ...

Guest bblackmoor

Deathrider is cool' date=' but I think that right thigh of his is way oversized compared to the rest of the picture.[/quote']

Maybe that is his superpower.

"All right! Mighty thigh slam: go!"

Wha.... ???!!!!

NOOOOOO!!!!

Mind Control (Only to make suggestions): Look at Enemies The International File instead. That has artwork that could do with re-working.

Unfortunatly DT ... I don't have access to that book or the pics :( My collection of old stuff is almost nill. Curse my old water heater for springing a small brook!

Does anyone have a cyborg type character that they would like sprussed up with a little PhotoShopping? I would like to try out some techniques for wires and other electrical components, but alas I have not mastered the human form well enough to draw my. If so, please post one. It doesn't have to actually have the components drawn in, just tell me what you are looking for. Circuit boards, wires from chest to arm, etc and I'll give it a try.

Do you have a larger version of the pic? It is very small and hard to make out the details.

How do you mean "open" the Classic Enemies pages in Photoshop?

Sorry, should have been more clear. I have 4th ed Classic Enemies on PDF. You can open the PDF in Photoshop, select your page and crop off the picture.

Once opened, make the original lineart your layer1. For each new element of the picture, create a new layer. You don't have to even stay in the lines. When you are done coloring, move layer 1 to the top so the lineart transposes the coloring.

Sorry, should have been more clear. I have 4th ed Classic Enemies on PDF. You can open the PDF in Photoshop, select your page and crop off the picture.

Once opened, make the original lineart your layer1. For each new element of the picture, create a new layer. You don't have to even stay in the lines. When you are done coloring, move layer 1 to the top so the lineart transposes the coloring.

thanks for the info.

Does HERO sell the Enemies PDF?

Also not sure what you mean by that last bit of photoshop help. Can you explain more?

• 1 month later...

Hello,

After years of the goofy and annoying Amazing Darkon (who has dogged a particular hero telling the press that he is his 'arch nemesis' - that hero has always HATED Darkon!) - I had Darkon powered up and changed his look. He came back cooler and tougher than ever (much to the great annoyance of that hero). Here is his look.

Hawkfu,

That's a sweet revamp. Very good work.

Hello,

After years of the goofy and annoying Amazing Darkon (who has dogged a particular hero telling the press that he is his 'arch nemesis' - that hero has always HATED Darkon!) - I had Darkon powered up and changed his look. He came back cooler and tougher than ever (much to the great annoyance of that hero). Here is his look.

Nice costume! Simple lines, very good. :)

Mags

...The more he "opens up the format' date='" the more difficult it will be for him to maintain control of it and make a profit. Lots of people are already pirating the thing and sending copies around, screwing him over. I for one can't blame him.[/quote']

Someone here on these very boards was asking for a pirate copy of the program! :idjit:

And for what it's worth' date=' although I don't read every post on the Hero Machine boards, I do subscribe to the list and read a fair share--hundreds of messages. And I never recall him being anything but patient, humble, and unfailingly polite. I don't EVER remember seeing any head-biting.[/quote']

I haven't visited the boards (I think I should look them up), but when I bought the v2.0 program I had problems downloading it. It turned out, as I suspected and told him, that the problem was the network firewall at work. But he was very helpful, very polite, and very patient. I even asked him, after I'd used it a few times, if he would be open to suggestions. He politely said that at this time he wouldn't be, but may be in the future when he next has time to play with the program.

It is a good program for doing a wide variety of characters, but no matter how many variations are possible, there will always be someone that needs 'x' ot 'y'. I like it, and I would recomend it. I have put a bunch of images on the Superhero thread (about page 138).

Well here are some villains (I didn't realise there ws a villains thread). I present my HERO universes version of The Four Horsemen:

Death: He was a mummy that was accidentally revived by one of the players characters. He was the PC's hunted until he changed his hero identity from one powered by Egyptian gods, to one powered by Celtic gods!

Famine: A mystically altered mutant. BODY Drain, and mystic control over insects (the Pestilance spot on the team was already taken!).

Pestilence: He is an ancient intelligent virus that controls host bodies until they fall apart. He causes disease in others. It was released from its captivity in the Venezuelan rain forest by the same PC that released Death!!! :snicker: The player hasn't forgiven me yet afte nearly four years!

War: This is an artificial construct of a similar nature to a gollum, but with a little more free will (although not much more). He was created by Death and imbued with martial prowess and mystical ranged attack.

Yup, I like HeroMachine! :nya::rockon::winkgrin: