Superhero Images

schir1964

Re: Superhero Images

I am rapidly approaching 1000 page views at Deviant Art .com

and as common practice I am trying to do some art for the occasion. This is Omniman of my Tomorrow Legion. I've tried using some Photoshop tricks but I'm still befuddled by layers, they never seem to do what I want. Anyway, what do y'all think?

Very Cool! I like his chest emblem. Sort of a "new age" Infinity symbol. :thumbup:

Dreamweaver (Draft 2)

Drawn by Werehawk

Colorized by Christopher Mullins

I still have to add the jewels and the boots, but I wanted to get your reaction to this style.

Looks like she is missing an important part of her costume. I would suggest a color change for the middle of her costume.

No, don't change her color... just part the legs slightly so that the black space is consistent and shows the background a bit more. Then the black will show from the "problem area" on down, this making it no longer a problem. Just a little trimming through the inner thigh will make enough space to negate the perception and will show a better pose anyway by having a bit more natural a position.

Should fix it, merhinks.

Should I make it a darker brown?

It's supposed to be Beige so I'm not sure what I can do but make it darker.

- Christopher Mullins

The color is fine, but I think that I would have made the neckline at her bust match the beige, making the purple top an actual jacket over the bodysuit.

Needs some color variation to make that suit more interesting... looks good, though, but all that red is hard on the eyes, personally.

Since there's so many "bands" or separated areas, you might consider changing a few of those to a color like yellow, black, or any other simple color that goes with it via the color wheel. Just breaks it up some, brings those details out more, etc. and if you place them correctly it'll frame him better to bring the eye to the parts you want to emphasize.

This is Valiant' date=' leader of the rival super team in my Teen Heroes inspired game....[/quote']

Mmm, very nice! Your "bit of fun" pic actually looks really impressive and appealing, as does Valiant himself -- oh wait, did you say Teen Champions inspired?

Meh, too young.

Does he have an older brother?

Mmm' date=' very nice! Your "bit of fun" pic actually looks really impressive and appealing, as does Valiant himself -- oh wait, did you say [i']Teen[/i] Champions inspired?

Meh, too young.

Does he have an older brother?

Repped for giving me a chuckle. :snicker::winkgrin:

• 4 weeks later...

franz.jpg

Franz Gruber Action Hero!

This is my character from a Cyberpunk 2020 campaign. He has wired reflexes, grafted muscles, bone and muscle lacing, neural bridge, Kiroshi Monovisor, smartgun link, nose plugs, enhanced hearing, Skinweave of 16 and a Boostmaster reflex implant. The visor has the following enhancements: IR/UV, Image Enhancement, lowllight, Anti dazzle and Targeting sight.

He is a Solo. He has his own reality TV show.

Picture Drawn By G.W. FIsher. He is known for the comic book Shadowhawk

• 1 month later...

I have to say: this thread has been most successful. I remember so many threads attempting to start something like this, only to have them shot down or people not interested in them. Glad to see this one still around.

Alric! Where did you get the armor from? I think that is the armor that I've been looking for for about a year now. Does it have a more "military" texture available for it?

The armor is from Xurge, it's the Armored Biological Suit. I replaced the textures with procedural shaders. I then replaced the ABS helmet with one of Xurge's fantasy helmets, the dark armor helmet I think.

The ABS suit is at:

http://www.xurge3d.com/inc/sdetail/1160

Eric J

I recognize the mega hero pack' date=' but where did the building come from? Also, is the "blast" part of the hero pack or is that something else? I'm starting to get serious with Poser now so any tips are very helpful.[/quote']

The building is part of the "le Village" series by Faveral, the "Bistro" to be exact.

The blast is part of the Visor that comes in the Mega Hero pack.

Eric J

• 3 weeks later...