Superhero Images

schir1964

Re: Superhero Images

High-quality superhero artwork is nice too, aylwin13.

I'm very impressed with the Sceptre pic, both his dynamic stance -- he looks ready to leap off the screen -- and his costume. That's an effective use of purple and gray; despite the muted (low-saturation) colors, the costume manages not to look exciting, not subdued.

(And I particularly like the "trim" on Sceptre's boots and gloves...very hi-tech/30th Century. ;-) Reminds me of Cosmic Boy of the Legion of Superheroes.)

prodigyduck, the costumes on Hourglass and Hurricane are wonderful. The purple and white colors are very dramatic, especially with the symmetrical geometric patterns. I especially like the diagonal purple stripes on Hurricane's legs, and the broad purple band that extends down his arms and over his hands. Hourglass' costume does verge on the "busy", because her patterns are more complex; Hurricane's costume design is simpler. But I like 'em both.

Many thanks to both of you for sharing these pictures. Have some Rep...and I have to agree; purple can be hot!

................ I like purple.

For example, here are some of my villains: Hourglass and Hurricane.

Now, not everyone is purple, but I feel that it is a rarely-enough used color.

Yeah...seems most super heros you see have a form of blue, or red with white in their costume. Where as most villans are really dark colors or black.

My super heroine actually has a dark maroon costume. And it's really different too.

Many thanks Haven :) I've been playing with light effects lately ... also' date=' for anyone that hasn't seen it, I also did the cover and some spot illos for the latest DH issue ;)[/quote']

Sure...just rub it in a little deeper...I think there's a grain of salt that fell on the floor. ;)

Just kidding. And you know I'm kidding.

Thanks for the Color Chris, Looks Good.

Didnt leave much for you to work with. Was trying to clean it up in Corel Draw(Got a 15day free trial) but my computer art skills are seriously lacking.

Heres a drawing that was done along time ago for RFK in the Global Gaurdians Game, SheHulk from the Marvel Univer. Comics was used as the Template the costume was mine and the coloring done with Colored Pencil

DSC00141.jpg

Nice work GA,

What Software do you use?

wanted to try to clean up some old images, I need something easy to learn, lite on the wallet and works well, any suggestions

How light in the wallet do you need? (8^D)

Photoshop Elements is just under $100.00 and still gives you quite a bit to work with without overwhelming you.

- Christopher Mullins

Nice work GA,

What Software do you use?

wanted to try to clean up some old images, I need something easy to learn, lite on the wallet and works well, any suggestions

Go with Elements as schir1964 suggested... I'm a Designer and have the whole Adobe suite + other junk. Photoshop et al starts to get pretty expensive unless you can get your company to pay for it. ;)