City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Dreadhawk

Re: City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

If you read the thread' date=' I think there are several of us on Victory. I'm on Champion myself, global "@Hero Gojira".[/quote']

it is 181 pages and started in 2004, so i thought i would just see if people still actively played :)

Nope. If you read it carefully it specifically says that it allows continually playing even after the trial period ends (as long as you pay the subscription of course). That is the thing I need. I don't want to have to buy the software 4 times. The monthly fee is still quite a bit for four people' date=' but we'll have to see how the budget can handle it. Even if the family can only play for a week and a half together it is still better than not.[/quote']

Dude, sorry I missed this earlier. Drop me an e-mail, and I'll hook you up. All of my friends either already play, or have less than zero interest.

proditor (at) comcast.net

I wonder what the buddy code does -- maybe allow a CD to be reused for more than one person? If so' date=' you might need the CD set that was registered with the account. Just a thought.[/quote']The install CDs can be used any number of times and are not tied to any one account. I've used my CDs to install on five different PCs, two for me, two for friends using trial codes I gave them and one for a friend who just bought an account code online and didn't want to download the whole client. An account code isn't any cheaper than a box, so there's no actual savings in anything but time required to go find a box for sale.

I tried to join "hero boards" over the weekend and was refused because it's a private channel. Is that the right global channel for the hero boards (i.e. this thread and it's responders)? If so can I get an invite sometime my global is @greyguardian

Thanks.

me too please @promstar

That's definitely it. Let us know when you're going to be on and someone will invite you. I'm "@Hero Gojira" so if you get a message from him' date=' it's me. :D[/quote']

Schedule? dunno... I'll global friend you next time I am on so I can see if you are on and go with it from there :-)

BTW, they are giving everyone a free respec on Tuesday, May 1st. That's tomorrow, so if you are thinking seriously of signing back up, it might be a good idea to do it tomorrow so you can take advantage of respecing one character you intend to play a lot.

(I think it's one, maybe it's every toon. Dunno.)

BTW, they are giving everyone a free respec on Tuesday, May 1st. That's tomorrow, so if you are thinking seriously of signing back up, it might be a good idea to do it tomorrow so you can take advantage of respecing one character you intend to play a lot.

It's every "toon" ... that is currently in the DB when the servers come down for maitanace at 5am PT. [Eerr ... GMT -11 I think, 6 1/2 from now]

Hoody Hoo!

JG

I9 is live - inventions and auction house and all that sort of thing is Live. They also added some much needed connections on the green line to skyway and founders falls.

I am am enjoying the auction house far too much.

Thanks to Gojira for the invite to Hero Boards global channel. FYI, If I don't respond to a tell it's because I'm in a tricky fight or due to lack of typing time while teleporting somewhere.

Haven't been in today, but it wasn't too bad last night when I was on.

It's to be expected though whenever they go live with a new expansion. It's usally very busy for a few days until people start to slack off again.

They also announced that all former accounts are activated again through Sunday. That may be contributing to it as well. The announcement is located here

I was in a team with a guy earlier tonight that hadn't played for two years, and was trying out the new stuff.

After doing the Inventions tutorial with my main Mastermind, I notice again that the villain material is MUCH more amusing than the hero stuff:

"Hello. This is a Paragon City Hall computer. It has been stolen. If you are using it, you are committing an illegal act. Please turn yourself into the Paragon City Police Department immediately. Have a safe day."