City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Dreadhawk

• 2 weeks later...

Re: City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

What's funny is a Google search for "Going Rogue" has Palin's book as number one and the CoH expansion as number two. I think they might be justified a little to poke fun a Palin for "stealing" their idea for a title. ;)

The graphics looked great. That alone might put a serious dent in CO's subscriber base. (Game play is another matter, I think CO has the better system.)

However it appears Praetorian Earth only goes to level 20. I was hoping for more zones, like CoV. We'll have to see how it pans out though.

hi there...

There is no real end game. I like CoH/CoV but it became a bore after 12 issues/updates....The graphics and the hero/villain powers are pretty cool...but there is only so much you can do...make a char, grind grind grind to 50...then...uh make another one.. .

To be honest. You have to say that about ALL MMOs

I dunno. I think WoW and a few other games actually do have "end game" content. CoH doesn't, for whatever reason.

I don't mind this (although I'm not currently subscribed) and the other bits of the game are fun. I wonder if they'll start adding 50 content after GR.

I dunno. I think WoW and a few other games actually do have "end game" content. CoH doesn't, for whatever reason.

I don't mind this (although I'm not currently subscribed) and the other bits of the game are fun. I wonder if they'll start adding 50 content after GR.

Okay, then please define what you mean by "end game" content.

(Just for reference: I have never played WoW, so I have no idea what they have wrt content. I am not a "hardcore" MMO player, which means that while I have been playing CoH since the week of launch, I have one hero at lvl 50, and one villain at 46, and the rest of my 10-or-so characters are at 30 or below.)

I've never played WoW either, but from what I've read is they either have content that's so hard it can't be attempted by any less than 50 (or 80, or whatever the level cap is now).

Or that there's just a plain old gate on the quests. You can't enter the zones or instances, or talk to the contacts, until you are level 50. There's apparently quite a lot of this content, and it's pretty good. So much that I've seen people comment that "the game [WoW] doesn't start until level 50."

I can't say first hand, but that's what seem to be going around the interwebs.

Why is it that none of the "monstrous" heads/faces in CoH resembles a bull? I want to make a minotaur, dangit! I can do the hoof-legs, and the horns, but can't do a bull-head? C'mon!

Unless I missed it somehow or it was added while I wasn't looking.

The graphics looked great. That alone might put a serious dent in CO's subscriber base. (Game play is another matter, I think CO has the better system.)

However it appears Praetorian Earth only goes to level 20. I was hoping for more zones, like CoV. We'll have to see how it pans out though.

The graphics updates don't just effect "Going Rogue" but CoH and CoV areas also. I also read that they would have level 50 content.

I'm looking forward to the GR stuff. It was talked about years ago and shelved. Quite a few things that were shelved several years back have been coming out in the last year. I've also noticed I've been playing my first 50 more in the last six months.

I'm looking forward to the GR stuff. It was talked about years ago and shelved. Quite a few things that were shelved several years back have been coming out in the last year. I've also noticed I've been playing my first 50 more in the last six months.

As I understood it, they were shelved by the Cryptic team -- then they left, and the Paragon Studios team made them happen.

To be honest. You have to say that about ALL MMOs

I don't know. Some MMOs are designed so that all the "real" action occurs at the highest level or after a certain point. However CoH is designed so that all the real content is in the leveling. If you race to 50 you will have missed most of the game :)

I don't know. Some MMOs are designed so that all the "real" action occurs at the highest level or after a certain point. However CoH is designed so that all the real content is in the leveling. If you race to 50 you will have missed most of the game :)

But even if you get to 50, you can still go back and do all the content from up to 50.

And you can also turn off XP if you want to do all the content before out leveling it.

But even if you get to 50, you can still go back and do all the content from up to 50.

And you can also turn off XP if you want to do all the content before out leveling it.

This is true. These are both great facilities, rare amongst MMOs. Coincidentally I campaigned on the CoH Forums for the ability to turn off xp. You would be surprised at the hostile and negative response I got for suggesting such a thing! (Or maybe not if you where there too)

Anyway the point I was trying to make was that the way CoH is designed is that the content is there to get you to 50. Not waiting for you at 50.

:D