City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Dreadhawk

Re: City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

That could either be considered a laser sight or the effect of "climb."

JG

From bottom to top:

Laser sight on the bottom (blue line)

Barrel

Gold "Boom" with the bullet in the upper quadrant of that.

I don't notice it in action and other people's screen shots seem much cleaner. trying to figure out if there's anything I can do on my end.

• 2 months later...

Issue 17 is live today. Pretty graphics, if your graphics card can handle it though I notice some of the effects work well even with my older card. And a couple new story arcs for lvl 20-30 which I found entertaining.

And if you have the Going Rogue pre-order, dual pistols and demon summoning are live.

Animated tails, up to seven open missions, and some enhancements to the Auction house and the Architect are there as well.

Servers not quite up, probably up in the next couple hours.

Now if only they would let me change my powerset when I respec' date=' so that I don't have to start over to have my Mastermind use the Demon Summoning power that he really should have had from the start.[/quote']

Yea. I wish they hadn't given into the whine when they first proposed respecs. I'm pretty bored with the first 20 levels even though I can blow thru it in a day if I want to.

From the City of Villain's arc from Dean MacArthur

"So okay, this clone of yours, what did she look like?"

Your only available response: "..."

-----

You do get some multiple paths on some of the missions which is kinda neat

• 1 month later...

My Hero group plays on Champion on Tuesday nights. We've lost a couple of people over the years so we are down to about 4. We've probably got room if someone wants to tag along one night. We start at about 8p CST and play for about 2 hours. PM me if you're interested.

Otherwise, the majority of my playtime is on Virtue, where I have a tendency to be red.

I've gotten superbusy lately and don't have as much time as I used to so don't play as often (and I played a lot when I first hurt my back, so I got a little burned out).

Champion (mostly blue) and Virtue (mostly red) here. Have three 50s blueside (Arik Magnusson, Streetlight Samurai, Furious Flea) and mid-40s redside (Streetlight Shogun, Lei Bao), with a pretty full range under them. Mostly playing weekends, but occasionally on Tues & Thurs nights.

• 1 year later...

Rise from the grave, Oh Thread!

Ok, this is our largest CoH/V thread, so I figured I'd post here.

My brother-in-law started working for ArenaNet a while back, as a programmer on Guild Wars 2. One of the perks of the job is that he can give away a fully paid sub and license keys for any of NC Soft's games. (But only once per game title.) So, he's setting my account up for CoH*. The last time I went back and played for a bit, I didn't play my old main AR/DEV Blaster, because I was so rusty on all the updates (I stopped the first time after I3 came out.) that I didn't want to deal with relearning a high level. This time, I'll probably play an entirely new character, from scratch.

So, who here still plays? Do we have any Hero Board supergroups runnning? Anything I should know before diving back in? I'll likely play very slowly at first, due to medical stuff, and time constraints.

*Ironic that it's now going free to play, but when it does, I'll have a free VIP account, which is nice.

I still play, but not often. Life keeps me busy enough I only get on a little on the weekends.

As for Champions SGs. I don't know of any. I own both a hero and villian group on Champion, have members of both of Pinnacle, and also am part of a small hero group on Virtue, and own an even smaller villian group on virtue.

I still play pretty regularly, mostly on Champion server. I've got some pretty tricked out 50's and a metric ton of "alts" at various levels. My son plays too, so it's become a father son thing for us.

The last month or so I've been exclusively playing on the Beta server though, playing w/ the new content and testing.

I'm still mildly amazed that I still find the game fun after, what, almost 8 years? Paragon Studios has been doing a great job of injecting new life into the platform, in my opinion.

@killershrike