Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

"A Thread for Random Musings" has about 2400 views more than this thread, even though this thread has the largest number of reply posts.

First, I'd like to see this thread be the top dog not only in number of posts, but in number of views.

Second, I'd like this to be the first thread to break 100,000 views. And we definitely need to pull ahead of "Random Musings" if that's going to happen.

Any ideas?

"A Thread for Random Musings" has about 2400 views more than this thread, even though this thread has the largest number of reply posts.

First, I'd like to see this thread be the top dog not only in number of posts, but in number of views.

Second, I'd like this to be the first thread to break 100,000 views. And we definitely need to pull ahead of "Random Musings" if that's going to happen.

Any ideas?

Do the unthinkable. :hush:

While that might work at least in the short term, it'd likely get the thread closed / locked / deleted, which would rather defeat the purpose.

Cancer, why do you hate LRTE?

:snicker:

Hey, I answered the question you asked in a gut-level reaction way. To do otherwise takes more thought, which you won't get now, Monday morning pre-coffee.

Hey' date=' I answered the question you asked in a gut-level reaction way. To do otherwise takes more thought, which you won't get now, Monday morning pre-coffee.[/quote']

So your gut says "catsuit pics", eh? Sounds like your gut has been exchanging notes with MY gut. :snicker:

Hmmm... maybe we need to do it the blogger way?

What I mean is: in every post we make somewhere else on the forums, we include a link or two, like this, that points to a post in this thread. That way, when someone reads one of our other posts and clicks on the link in it to see how it relates, this thread will get another view. :D

(Of course, to be proper & ethical about it, the post in this thread that we link to should have at least SOME passing relevance to the thread in which the link was posted. But I'm not a big stickler for relevance just now. ;) )

Hmmm... maybe we need to do it the blogger way?

What I mean is: in every post we make somewhere else on the forums, we include a link or two, like this, that points to a post in this thread. That way, when someone reads one of our other posts and clicks on the link in it to see how it relates, this thread will get another view. :D

(Of course, to be proper & ethical about it, the post in this thread that we link to should have at least SOME passing relevance to the thread in which the link was posted. But I'm not a big stickler for relevance just now. ;) )

In a way, then, this one could become a thread for metadiscussions of all other threads. Y'know, to make that work well, it'd be cool to have a random post retrieval button (kinda like Wikipedia's "random article" button). Open two other tabs, click the random post button once in each, then make up some drivel that purports to link the two, post the result here, then post followups in the two source threads that leads here.

Of course, it'd be fun to get a flat-text download of large numbers of posts from these boards, then hook them up to some sort of Markov chain dissociated press-like text generator, and post some of the results. That might almost as random as Megascale Swinging.

If you mean views here that is possible but catsuit had 100,000 views plus before its untimely demise.

And there are three threads in the hampions forum with 150,000 plus views.

These are Quote of the Week, Superhero Images and Storn's Art thread.

Poorly phrased on my part. I was referring to NGD threads.

And I'm afraid I'd forgotten the Catsuit thread had long ago passed that mark.

However... how about "currently in existence NGD threads"...?

In a way, then, this one could become a thread for metadiscussions of all other threads. Y'know, to make that work well, it'd be cool to have a random post retrieval button (kinda like Wikipedia's "random article" button). Open two other tabs, click the random post button once in each, then make up some drivel that purports to link the two, post the result here, then post followups in the two source threads that leads here.

Of course, it'd be fun to get a flat-text download of large numbers of posts from these boards, then hook them up to some sort of Markov chain dissociated press-like text generator, and post some of the results. That might almost as random as Megascale Swinging.

:lol: Now that sounds like fun! :thumbup:

I don't drive' date=' but my wife's observation, which has been echoed and from being a pedestrian in Boston waching out for cars, is that while Boston drivers are semi-maniacal and aggressive, they're predictable, mostly, in those mannerisms. So that makes navigation easier.[/quote']

Yep. Having driven in Portland, Or and Boston. Boston was a cake walk.

Utah has some interesting behaviours when I get to the "city", but not as much experience here.

Downloaded iTunes 7 to get some of the nicer features. Mostly Gapless Playback for all my rock opera and techno albums.

It has an auto-download album artwork feature that wasn't present before, and a rather neat new visual broweser system. Problem is it downloads some rather odd artwork for some albums. Like the Animatrix Album ended up with "Layo&Bushwaka!" artwork. The Crow soundtrack has an STP album. They pulled some rerelease or alternate release artwork for the 4 Non Blondes album I wasn't aware existed (a shot of the band instead of the cool train). Of course I got the "new" artwork for Iron Maiden's "No Prayer For The Dying" instead of the old school one where Eddie has got the gravekeeper by the throat .... It pulled down the red version of King's X "Dogman" - I own the yellow version so I might change that.

I see a scanner in my future to correct some mistakes and fill in the gaps.

It pulled down some artwork I didn't expect it to find, and is not a few bits I did expect it to find. Mostly it's screwing up on Soundtracks and Compilations.

and I truly wish it had a slightly smarter sorting system; I have a couple albums with the same name and instead of grouping the like artists it's sorting by track number second . . . ah well.

Downloaded iTunes 7 to get some of the nicer features. Mostly Gapless Playback ...
I downloaded it on day one.

Unfortunately most of my albums don't ahve cover art and iTunes wasn't all that helpful in automating it (I was restricted to the Australian store). I'm thinking of creating another apple_id or two for use in the US store & the British store (I won't buy anything with it, I just want to download the cover art).

The interface is nice, but the import cd button has changed locations.

What I mean is: in every post we make somewhere else on the forums' date=' we include a link or two, like this, that points to a post in this thread. That way, when someone reads one of our other posts and clicks on the link in it to see how it relates, this thread will get another view. :D
I thought you were linking to pictures and I clicked ont he links.

Guess what kind of shock I got when there weren't any :(

Bazza's First Game with the Spoiler Button

Rules: Toss a coin, roll a dice or decide someother way to randomize 50-50. No cheating.

Result 1

Result 2

Result 3

:tsk: You didn't read the rules.

Play Again