Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

I suppose this could just as easily have gone in Random Musings, but I still feel loyalty to this thread. :)

Today was a good day.

You have no idea how long it's been since I've been able to say that. :)

That's extraordinarily good news, Dr. A.

Today, my chicken chimichanga tried to kill me at breakfast. My body didn't panic on me until it realized that incoming air was not an option.

despite that it was a pretty good day.

Though I do not recommend chili sauce in lungs, even mild.

The inability to take in air does provide a direct and dramatic reaction! I remember when hit by a car, as I started to get up, the only thing I cared about was that I couldn't breathe and was fearing that I wouldn't be able to again. Not only was I okay in that area, all it was was the wind being knocked out of me - I was pretty glad when I could start to breathe. I was so charged up with that and adrenalin that I didn't realize for something like an hour while about to be discharged from the emergency room that I could scarcely move my arm without tremendous pain (I think the adrenalin and so on had obscured that at first, I didn't notice any pain and I know I moved my arm earlier, but it was clear as soon as I tried to take off my coat).

Being hit by a car is no fun. I wasn't hurt, but while I was picking myself and my mangled bike up from the pavement, the b!tch had the nerve to yell at me for daring to ride in front of her car. I tossed my ruined ride on the side and said, "Can I see your insurance card please?" She shut up real quick.

I've been run over by an airplane. Yes, really.

Thanks for the well-wishes & such, guys. Though the rest of life is rearing its ugly head again, that good day is still bright in my memory, and I can hope for more in the future. First time in a long time I've been able to say anything remotely like that. The clouds of gloom, etc. are far from gone... but I can at least believe in the possibility there's light up above the clouds that might one day break through on an ongoing basis instead of as an isolated, shining moment.

I know that I haven't exactly been around here a lot lately (real life being what it is, depression being what it is, and so on and so forth) but for those who care, chances are I'm going to be completely absent for at least a week unless something fairly drastic changes.

If I can manage to bestir myself some in this depressive slup (largely responsible for my lack of posts in the last month-ish time frame) I'll try to be a bit more present than I have been after this next week. But no promises.

Oh, yeah. In an effort to maybe kickstart some change in life / attitude / etc. I have acted on a suggestion and made a change to my personal appearance... so maybe that will help jostle things a bit.

For the first time in over 25 years, I'm clean-shaven. No beard, no mustache.

I'm also seriously considering having my long hair cut and going back to short hair for the first time in almost 13 years.

Whether this works to give me any kind of jostle out of the rut, the up side is that at least I won't get hassled by cops for looking like a disreputable biker anymore.

Oh, yeah. In an effort to maybe kickstart some change in life / attitude / etc. I have acted on a suggestion and made a change to my personal appearance... so maybe that will help jostle things a bit.

For the first time in over 25 years, I'm clean-shaven. No beard, no mustache.

I'm also seriously considering having my long hair cut and going back to short hair for the first time in almost 13 years.

Whether this works to give me any kind of jostle out of the rut, the up side is that at least I won't get hassled by cops for looking like a disreputable biker anymore.

Next time I come up to Columbia, You'll have to reintroduce yourself. I won't recognize you.

Being hit by a car is no fun. I wasn't hurt' date=' but while I was picking myself and my mangled bike up from the pavement, the b!tch had the nerve to yell at me for daring to ride in front of her car. I tossed my ruined ride on the side and said, "Can I see your insurance card please?" She shut up real quick.[/quote']

I had a somewhat similar experience. A woman turned her car right in front of me into her driveway without signalling and I crashed into her flying over her car. She proceeded to finish pulling into her driveway got out of her car and went inside. This was in a line of traffic so there were a bunch of witnesses; one of which was a nurse on her way to work. She pulled over, jumped out of her car and started checking me for injuries. Thankfully my the backpack and coat I was wearing at that time had 'cushioned' my fall so I didn't have anything other than a scrapped elbow. (Although in later years I have discovered some minor damage to one of my vertebra...)

Another person somehow called the sheriff's department or flagged one down or something. The sheriff knocked on her door, but she refused to let them in. Which of course failed. It turns out that she was drunk.