Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

Yes' date=' I broke it. I went to mark my ball and used it, noticed it wasn't seated well, went to adjust it and found that the pin had broken off from the flat head. It was part of a ball marker/divot tool set that was given to me many years ago. Now I'll have to get another. I mean, it is a little thing, but I've just never had that happen before and it struck me as odd.[/quote']

Huh, that is odd. How long have you been using it, any clue?

Four years. It's just a cheap piece of plastic' date=' but I'm a creature of habit and it just threw me is all.[/quote']

Yeah, I know what you mean. I had the tip of a ballpoint pen break off a few months ago and as that's rare that surprised me; it hadn't been around anything approaching 4 years though. However, it wasn't a total surprise as I was "messing with it" and while I think it was already on its way I know I drove it beyond that point.

Maybe someone else was using it who writes hard? Of course that's not to say normal wear and tear can't cause it.

You know, riveting conversations like this are bound to drive the WGAC for this thread way up!

Oddly enough, there was a box of these combo tools by the register when I paid for my round. They were made of metal, though. Calloway was the label and they were a greens divot fixer with a flat metal coin for ball marking. It was an attractive piece, but I fin the cheap plastic markers superior to coins. They leave less of a profile and won't deflect the ball should it's path cross the marker - and that's the whole point, right? Besides, they wanted ten bucks. The plasic jobs are free and I already have a functional divot tool.

Oddly enough' date=' there was a box of these combo tools by the register when I paid for my round. They were made of metal, though. Calloway was the label and they were a greens divot fixer with a flat metal coin for ball marking. It was an attractive piece, but I fin the cheap plastic markers superior to coins. They leave less of a profile and won't deflect the ball should it's path cross the marker - and that's the whole point, right? Besides, they wanted ten bucks. The plasic jobs are free and I already have a functional divot tool.[/quote']

I have nothing to add. But I'm too afraid of HERO Tina and Super Squirrel not to post here...

Rancid convention girls need love too. :D

I can see it on the Convention Horror Stories thread now:

I love going to cons dressed up! I have this chainmail bikini, it says its supposed to be a size 5, but with a few minor adjustments I find it can hold a woman 4 times that size! The only problem is when it the links grab onto my chest hairs--ouch! So anyway, I'm at the con in my chainmail bikini and my cat ears (meow!) and there's this guy following me everywhere! He won't tell me his name, only that he is "Mighty!" I mean, he's dressed like Barney Fife with a big clown nose and he's carrying this inflatable sheep. What a freak! Anyway, long story short...I wake and he's gone leaving nothing but a half deflated sheep, and I can't reach the key to the handcuffs. And the peanut butter is starting to itch! But the worst part is, he won't call me! Please, Mighty, call me! I need you...

:shock::shock::sick:

I love going to cons dressed up! I have this chainmail bikini, it says its supposed to be a size 5, but with a few minor adjustments I find it can hold a woman 4 times that size! The only problem is when it the links grab onto my chest hairs--ouch! So anyway, I'm at the con in my chainmail bikini and my cat ears (meow!) and there's this guy following me everywhere! He won't tell me his name, only that he is "Mighty!" I mean, he's dressed like Barney Fife with a big clown nose and he's carrying this inflatable sheep. What a freak! Anyway, long story short...I wake and he's gone leaving nothing but a half deflated sheep, and I can't reach the key to the handcuffs. And the peanut butter is starting to itch! But the worst part is, he won't call me! Please, Mighty, call me! I need you...

You left out the the circus freaks and animals. :D

Very well done! :rofl:

That IS a cause for celebration. Finally!

Yuppers! :D Rachel ran a loooooooooong extension cord from our bedroom to the fridge yesterday morning when we got power to just our room and Erin's. So we managed to avoid having to throw much food out, since we'd refused to open the fridge once the power went out. :thumbup: