The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

We've tried to dispatch contracted technicians to work on some equipment three times, now. They've gone to the wrong store three times, said "Welp, nuthin' rong har" and closed the tickets. Without even verifying the store number.

I'm rather wanting to fly to San Antonio, TX (from Seattle, WA, mind you), snag someone's face with a gaff hook and drag them to the right location.

There was a jerk kid on the rush hour bus this afternoon who thought he deserved four seats for himself and his stuff. Spread out across two seats with his backpack so no one could sit next to him, and furthermore laid a roll of poster paper across the two seats in front of him. Did I mention that this was during rush hour? Thoughtless little twit.

There was a jerk kid on the rush hour bus this afternoon who thought he deserved four seats for himself and his stuff. Spread out across two seats with his backpack so no one could sit next to him' date=' and furthermore laid a roll of poster paper across the two seats in front of him. Did I mention that this was during rush hour? Thoughtless little twit.[/quote']

He's damned lucky no one just sat on, or simply tossed, the poster paper so they could sit.

Oh FFS! Are people actually being deliberately TAUGHT innumeracy, these days?!? "One-thousand eight" is NOT a 1000 followed by an 8, i.e. 10008. That's TEN-thousand eight. ONE-thousand eight looks like 1008. I'm just WAITING for someone to tell me that 2000600205 is "two-thousand, six-hundred, twenty-five", or somesuch. :mad:

He's damned lucky no one just sat on' date=' or simply tossed, the poster paper so they could sit.[/quote']

Actually, a young Chinese couple very carefully moved the poster paper aside and sat down. Jerk Boy looked like he was going to go apoplectic, but he didn't actually say anything. How could he?