The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Sometimes I'm cranky for relatively (on a scale of wrong number to genocide) small things' date=' and when the problems of others that are greater than mine are brought up, it just makes me crankier as I feel like my feelings are being made irrelevant due to circumstances beyond my control. Yes, that person has extensive health issues, and this person had a bad accident, and yes, the other person lost their job. Someone still ate my sandwich. :mad:[/quote']

Granted, not an ideal solution for everyone, but I have a very high tolerance for hot spices, having literally grown up eating them. I responded to office food theft with enough habanero sauce to blister the culprit's mouth. Never stole MY food again, that's for sure.

I work out of my home. The sandwich was taken from my fridge by one of my housemates. We have a 24 hour rule on leftovers, but this was clearly not, being a whole wrapped sandwich I snagged at 7-11 the night before for lunch the following day. It got eaten sometime during the night so the list of suspects was narrowed with high probability down to three. The guilty party admitted it when I asked the next night during dinner with an insincere (to my ear) "Sorry." Face-stabbing has been contemplated but I expect him to move within a few months as he just got a new job (he was the one fired) and his residence is supposed to be temporary anyway. No good deeed goes unpunished.

I admire your restraint. My next sandwich would have been spiced with polonium-210.

Restraint... hmmm... I've also subsituted thin slices of softened bar soap for cheese. I've seemingly had to deal with this little problem enough times to become boredly creative when it comes to "solutions".

I had assumed that removing the PD catheter from my abdomen would restore my appetite ... it seems the opposite has occured. I haven't gotten really hungry in days ... I'm mostly eating because I know I should eat something' date=' not because I really want to.[/quote']

Give it a few days more, I would. You've had your insides messed with, and right now your enteric nervous system is probably wondering what the heck just happened.

Why can't I find a decent job? The one I have is just barely enough to pay my bills, and even that may change. Hell, I suspect they're trying to force out the senior staff, and I'm there in seniority. Unemployment is looking more and more attractive; at least I won't have to deal with all the grief I get at work.

The new pajamas are freakin' huge. They fit. Canned food for dinner. Bleah. I miss good sleep. I have no energy to do anything and my eyes look horrible. Can't leave the house without makeup.

Yet I have a good life, good home, good car, good cats, great Husband. He just bought me a third Christmas present.

But it's hard to be happy when you feel like a New Mother.

Sooo...D(ivorce)-Day today. I could hit the Powerball and go home to a foursome with nubile triplets' date=' and today would still kinda suck. :([/quote']

I feel your pain, man. My own D-Day was almost 5 years ago, and even though it *was* the best thing for me in the long run, that day was still a supremely suck-taskic one.

Spoilered for the "ick" factor: Don't read this when you're eating.

I walked to the bus stop after work. Someone had vomited all over the pavement. I finally made it to the train station. Someone had thrown up on the stairway. I swear, I've never had a commute with so much puke involved!