The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

I look forward to the youtube!

More seriously, don't get into trouble. It's unlikely the bastard is worth it. Unless it's bunneh, then fire away.

I've had it with this POS. I should have kicked his ass tonight. Hell, I went back to where he was to do just that. A-hole had already left the scene, but there's always tomorrow.

OK Cupid has the following acceptable body type options for women who are overweight: Overweight, A Little Extra, Curvy, Full Figured.

For men: Overweight. A Little Extra might be an acceptable option to check off.

I have yet to see a profile of a woman who actually selected "Overweight", even if she's 5'4" and a size 26. :rolleyes:

Dear corporate guys who won't upgrade from Windows XP running on vacuum tubes. Have you ever considered that the time we waste waiting to get at documents like the merchandising ends display schematics could be better spent?

You have? You've decided that our work wouldn't repay the cost of the upgrade? Okay, now I'm just depressed.

So after a week rated "lock the door and hide" on the insanity scale, things were finally half-way under control at work, until sometime this morning. Just outside the mighty metropolis of Calvin, IL a farmer's combine took out a power line leading out to the river bottoms, and a couple hundred oil wells got shut down. About 50 of which are operated by my company. So I had a full day's work planned, and no way to do any of it. :no: I'm out of town this weekend, so... Monday's gonna be interesting.

Some mornings it just isn't worth chewing through the straps. ~ Emo Phillips

So after a week rated "lock the door and hide" on the insanity scale' date=' things were finally half-way under control at work, until sometime this morning. Just outside the mighty metropolis of Calvin, IL a farmer's combine took out a power line leading out to the river bottoms, and a couple hundred oil wells got shut down. About 50 of which are operated by my company. So I had a full day's work planned, and no way to do any of it. :no: I'm out of town this weekend, so... Monday's gonna be interesting.

Emo Phillips has some great lines...

Explain to me why after using the net happily it drops the link to Hero Games when I was about to rep people roughly 11:00 am Eastern Standard Time. I could get to other sites but not Hero. Ho hum.

And I tries for about 45 minutes....

Every once in awhile, I've had that happen as well.

Really on the verge of telling people who decide to take offense at being given instructions by tech support to quit taking things that don't belong to them. Thinking the obtuse bafflement might get them to quit snivelling long enough to finish fixing the problem. The computer one, not the personal one... that takes a lifetime.

A good friend of mine died recently from cancer. Someone I know wants to put together a remembrance for her. Thing is, my friend hated this woman because of the various back stabbing things she's done to make herself look good and to make a few others look bad. (Including my friend). (Oh, and she's started doing this without the family's knowledge who have already started setting something else up.)

I'm staying away from commenting in public about it (well, outside of here), but two faced people make me very cranky.

I go back on hemodialysis Thursday morning. Probably not something I should actually be cranky about, since I think it's actually going to be better for my emotional state and mind, if not necessarily my body ... just sucks that my wife and I went to all the time and energy and expense of driving to learn how to do this, and re-arranging the house for my stuff, and everything else, and it's just not working out. The blood isn't getting clean enough, but most of all ...

The home dialysis was sold to me as being 'more freedom', and it doesn't feel that way at all. Tethered to the machine, literally, for 12 hours a day, huge chunks of my house taken up by piles of boxes ... it's harder to get around in the house. I miss just being able to go to sleep when the mood strikes, instead of having to do all the dialysis assembly. I hate not being able to just hop up and get in the shower without prepwork. I miss being able to cuddle my cats without worrying about their claws scratching the catheter tubing and risking a terrible peritoneal infection. 12 hours a week (well, more like 15) at the clinic, 12+ hours a day at home ...

Well, on the upside ... if my appetite stays gone (I generally only eat 1 meal a day anymore), and I don't have the caloric intake from absorbing the sugars in the dialysate, I might lose enough weight to qualify for a transplant eventually. I strongly suspect that my appetite will return once the catheter comes out, though, since it went away when it was inserted.

Reading a book on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. I'm cranky because it hits me' date=' "Why didn't I read this friggin' thing DECADES ago?" A very strong recommendation for anyone plagued by negative thoughts, depression, anxiety, obsession, etc. Hopcroft, I'm looking in your direction. ;)[/quote']

What's the book? I'm going thru some depression lately, but I'm pretty sure I know the root cause on that one right now. (Getting something done about it, trickier atm)