The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Much too subtle' date=' I'd go for the force lightning. Painfuller too.[/quote']

The practical side of me prefers to have the powers that are least likely to land me in jail for using them. Good luck convincing a jury that me making choking motions with my fingers actually caused a man to die. But eye witness testimony from folks who saw (and took pictures with cell phones!) lightning flying from my fingertips is hard to argue against.

Sometimes I'm cranky for relatively (on a scale of wrong number to genocide) small things, and when the problems of others that are greater than mine are brought up, it just makes me crankier as I feel like my feelings are being made irrelevant due to circumstances beyond my control. Yes, that person has extensive health issues, and this person had a bad accident, and yes, the other person lost their job. Someone still ate my sandwich. :mad:

The practical side of me prefers to have the powers that are least likely to land me in jail for using them. Good luck convincing a jury that me making choking motions with my fingers actually caused a man to die. But eye witness testimony from folks who saw (and took pictures with cell phones!) lightning flying from my fingertips is hard to argue against.

So force lightning the jury. Problem solved!

Dear tourists,

Welcome to our fair city. There's a lot to see and do here, and I hope you enjoy yourselves.

It can be a little confusing getting around, though. It's understandable that sometimes when you come across an escalator, elevator, or stairwell that you might not be sure if that's the way you need to go.

The place to make that decision, however, is *not* directly in front of said means of access. Please, if you aren't sure, kindly step aside and let those of us who know where they're going get by. Because some of us are getting to the point where we're just going to go through you, and none of us really want this.

Thank you,

A Local

It didn't work out for you' date=' I gather. :([/quote']

No ... couldn't get adequate dialysis that way. No way of knowing until we tried it, though it still bugs me that my wife and I spent all that time and energy for, ultimately, nothing.

But now, I'm home, catheter is out, and I have Vicodin.

Would someone rep Celt for me ? His post made me giggle.

Same here, and I tend to agree with his sentiment. All you people with real problems are making my issues look really lame, but I still gotta deal with two leaking faucets and a plumber who won't return my calls, a broken garage door, and this horrendous list of car repairs, blah, blah, blah, yadda, yadda, yadda....

Oh, and I can't rep Celt either, so someone else please have a go it at, okay?

Would someone rep Celt for me ? His post made me giggle.

Same here, and I tend to agree with his sentiment. All you people with real problems are making my issues look really lame, but I still gotta deal with two leaking faucets and a plumber who won't return my calls, a broken garage door, and this horrendous list of car repairs, blah, blah, blah, yadda, yadda, yadda....

Oh, and I can't rep Celt either, so someone else please have a go it at, okay?

The various persons I spoke of in my post were no one on these boards but rather people I know in real life. I am just feeling cranky about my sandwich and expressing it elswhere would make me seem petty. I figured this was the thread for it.

Sometimes I'm cranky for relatively (on a scale of wrong number to genocide) small things' date=' and when the problems of others that are greater than mine are brought up, it just makes me crankier as I feel like my feelings are being made irrelevant due to circumstances beyond my control. Yes, that person has extensive health issues, and this person had a bad accident, and yes, the other person lost their job. Someone still ate my sandwich. :mad:[/quote']

*L* I know exactly how you feel. I have family and friends with health, legal, and/or relationship problems that I honestly think would have me curling in a fetal position if I were the target.

I've been rantblocked more times than I can count for that.

One of my least favorite phrases is "There's always someone worse off than you". I forget who responded to that with this ,but the answer I remember was something like "Just who the hell is at the very back of this line, and do they know what a DIRE situation they're in?"

That said, I wouldn't want those with more extreme problems than I to shut up. If, somehow, some genuine sympathy from others and myself makes them feel even a little bit better, then I'm glad to do it (And maybe it will bump them up the line so I can get my turn ;) )

The various persons I spoke of in my post were no one on these boards but rather people I know in real life. I am just feeling cranky about my sandwich and expressing it elswhere would make me seem petty. I figured this was the thread for it.

Petty? No. I've been laid off three times since 2010, I have no money, my car is literally falling apart, we got burglarized earlier this year, and I don't think any of those things would drive me into a homicidal rage faster than someone stealing my sandwich. Who does that? Someone deserves a nice face stabbing.

Much too subtle' date=' I'd go for the force lightning. Painfuller too.[/quote']

I'd like to have them both. Where the heck is Palpatine when you need him?

That was my thinking as well. Invisible Power Effects is a great Advantage.

Of course, having legal immunity would be great as well. Then you can do what you want without having to care about being subtle.