The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Less of a crank here but more a collected impulse of people not up and walloping someone.

Monday and I'm taking my mother back to Paddington station. There is an old woman who is also waiting and has a trolley like a small wheely suitcase. Bus turns up and we get on. My mother is slow because of a car accident some years back which means she has to walk with a stick. This old woman also wants to also catch the bus and starts talking to herself loud enough that anyone can hear that 'we can't catch her bus' and 'get a move on'. Now I can't sit by Mum as the bus is crowded. And so I have to stand in the exit doorway as there are two prams also in place. The old woman gets on and says that 'the contraptions should not be there' i.e. the prams. She sits down and then keeps complaining saying 'the bus should keep moving' even when the lights are on red. 'get me there at once' i.e. take here where she wants and forget everyone else. She kept saying that 'stopping was illegal' and 'don't you know the law ?'. It was only her age and the fact that she was obviously insane that stopped people from laying into her.

Ok. so...let's start from the top.

I should have known Sunday when I won all three fantasy leagues that the other shoe would drop.

My (step)father has prostate cancer. And I couldn't tell my brother because he would be very upset and he had an important interview with Amazon.com.

Well he had the interview and didn't get the job. So he's now depressed and scared and the whole family is bummed, to put it mildly.

The bad news is that it's more aggressive and higher number than they had hoped. The Good news is that it's still treatable and the assumption is it will be ok.

But I'm kind of freaked out.

Just got back from my preliminary termination meeting.

My Union rep rocked. The Assistant Department head had a pretty good pokerface, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't what she expected (she's new, and I don't think she realized that I've been there longer than any of the current management). The HR rep seemed to like me tho.

I'm generally optimistic that we might come to a resolution, but I'm prepared for the worst.

Being free of my day job would increase both my mobility and my motive to make money, I guess

The holidays are upon us! It's not even Thanksgiving yet, and I'm already in full Grinch-mode.

Have I ever told you guys how much I hate this time of year?

Preaching to the choir. I try to be more openly chipper about it as I know my attitude can be a buzzkill for my friends, but yeah. I'm not a fan of the season (Love Jesus, Jesus was cool ... not crazy about folks killing each other on Black Friday(Thursday night) for 50% off a DVD player). I'll be heading to my family sometime tomorrow, and probably head back friday. I love my folks, but frankly I prefer to keep at three days if I can help it (This year, it can't be helped).

I'm going to be very much on edge, and I'm going to miss my dogs.