Disads for "Cheese Champions!"

Hermit

Perhaps you're a big blue brick bounding over the rooftops...

Maybe you're a world conquerer who just wants his robot love back.

Maybe your GM is off his meds and wants to start a comedy based Champs campaign.

If so, you might be involved in what some would call "Cheese Champions!"

Here are some disads that might be appropriate for your characters... or they might not. Please don't hurt me.

DF: Theme music, Concealable with Effort, Feature is noticed and Recognizable, causes Major Reaction (Those with KS Theme Music may anticipate your next action "Chase music! You fools he's trying to get away!")

Those with this disadvantage have their own personal theme music. It's actually kind of cool, but a #$#$ on stealth missions, and it can give away your intent. You can somewhat conceal it by turning down the volume, or by hanging near areas with music already blaring (Beware of Dueling Theme music though).

Psycological Limitation: "Has no internal Monologue" (Very Common, Moderate).

You say what you think, without thinking about what you're saying. In more dangerous moments you can rein it in pretty easily, but when your guard is down, your ramblings are an oral journal for all to hear.

Psychological Limitation: "Solilquania" (Common, Strong) Also known as "Oration Addiction" this condition causes the character to break into long and gradiose speeches every once in awhile, especially when passions are stirred by love, hope, or a really good meal. You are not required to get PS: Poet, or Oratory when you have this condition, but your friends probably wish you would. If they have to be subjected to it, it might as well be good.

Riivalry with departed rolemodel: "My father sought to conquer Des Moines, but I... I shall do that and more, all of Iowa shall be mine!" Like many heroes or villains, your origin story involes a fallen parent or other role model. While you might claim to follow their footsteps out of love, the fact is... you can't forget the constant NAGGING! "That's a pretty limp cape there son.." "In my day..." GAH! You'll show everyone you're twice the scum/champion they were, that'll teach them!

Susceptibility to Long speeches, or extensive high brow explanations: (All too common, takes 1d6 stun every minute.

"Big words... confusing, lecture, boring... passing... out... zzzz" Due to some super form low attention span, or maybe just a tendency to be bored with no real action, long speeches put you to sleep. Fortunately, once the character passes out, he no longer really hears the speech, so doesn't start losing body. For this reason, GMs may want to make it worth 5 points less.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More cheese

Social Limitation: "Square", not the geometric form, but rather, your character has a reputation for being unhip, and uncool. Perhaps he comes across as golden age in a more 'realistic' world, or perhaps he just doesn't know capes are out. Youth in particular are likely to disregard your character's words and deeds as "lame." (Frequently, Minor inconvience)

Re: Disads for "Cheese Champions!"

There's a somewhat legendary story from one of the roleplaying groups in my city about a Mystery Men-based Champions game someone ran. One character was the typical big, dumb brick with an enormous hand-to-hand attack with double knockback. Thing was, he could only attack 'it'.

He considered combat like tag, and would only attack whoever was 'it'. If 'it' touched/punched someone else, that person was now 'it'.

Psychological Limitation: It's not a costume, it's a part of me!

This person has given up the illusion of normalcy. He or she has a human form and could easily change clothes, but their costume has become a second skin. Theoretically, they take the clothes off for washing and sleeping but it is rarely proven. If taken at Strong, they will need EGO rolls to try and fight out of costume. If taken at Total, they cannot fight out of costume unless another a stronger psychological limitation occurs.

"But, then, I wouldn't be THE CARPETED MAN!"

Psychological Limitation: It's not a costume, it's a part of me!

This person has given up the illusion of normalcy. He or she has a human form and could easily change clothes, but their costume has become a second skin. Theoretically, they take the clothes off for washing and sleeping but it is rarely proven. If taken at Strong, they will need EGO rolls to try and fight out of costume. If taken at Total, they cannot fight out of costume unless another a stronger psychological limitation occurs.

"But, then, I wouldn't be THE CARPETED MAN!"

That can also be a Physical Limitation. . .

HERO: "Egad!!! The zipper's stuck!!! I'm trapped inside my costume!!! I can't--I CAN'T GET IT OFF!!!"

PASSER-BY (Who only heard the last part): "Hey, bud, I know a girl who can help with that little problem--she charges fifty bucks, though. . ."

DF: Speaks of himself in the third person :)

Psychological Limitation: "Overcompetent" You can never settle for just getting the job done, everything you do MUST be a work of art or genius that is at least 10 times better than normal. For example you can't just fix a radio, you have to hook up a satalite link to it, and arrange it so it can have a spectrum analysis of all EM registry. Sure, it might be the size of your bed room now, but it's better than ever before. Even in combat, you will disregard simple strikes if it means instead you can decide on the perfect move, delievered in just the right way. The fight maybe nearly over by the time you perform "The furious Biting Punch of the Quivering Hamster" , but it will be awesome once you do... at least you think so.

:)

Psych Lim: Never Uses Powers Adequate to Situation until THE CLIMACTIC END SEQUENCE! This character simply cannot or will not use powers that would easily defeat the villain until the most dramatic possible moment. This is usually used in conjunction with...

Physical Lim: Must Never Reuse Powers Guaranteed to Win. This character simply cannot reuse that power which KOd his opponent last time. In fact he seems to have no recollection of it; if pushed strongly by some character (usually one who has the habit of breaking the 4th wall) he will babble some pseudo-science or heretofore-unheard-of side effect as to why it cannot be reused.

Great thread, Hermit!

I was thinking of "Overcompetent" and its very common prevalence among anime tech geniuses' date=' actually... :)[/quote']

That and the old Adam West Batman TV series devices ;)

I'm sure cheese crosses many mediums and genres :D

That and the old Adam West Batman TV series devices ;)

How dare you slander the legendary Bat-Shark Repellent! It was not oversized! It was not clunky! It came in a can, and it repelled sharks! That's all! A perfectly well-designed and precisely measured bit of technology!

Really!

:snicker:

• 1 year later...

Accidental Change: "Hawkeye Pierce Syndrome" (Very Common, 8-)

Everytime a new scene starts, your character must roll to see if his mood shifts to one of two extremes. Either he is madcap, irreverent, and fun loving to excess "Why Ms Silver Avenger, I imagined I'd find you bound up and helpless... imagine my disapointment.", or brooding, angsty, and overly pendantic about the evils man brings upon his brothers "The battle against crime just goes on... and on.... and on... my god, when will we learn?"

Then next scene, he rolls again and if it triggers, he's off to the other one.