Disads for "Cheese Champions!"

Hermit

Re: Disads for "Cheese Champions!"

OISID: Has all these neat powers, but they only work when he is in his Secret ID. When he transforms into his impressive-looking Heroic ID, he gains immense PRE, but loses almost all of his actual superpowers.

Think Captain Marvel - but Billy Batson has all the powers.

Truly Secret Identity: Even the character doesn't know they are a Superhero. Their transformation is triggered by some outside event, but they have no recollection of anything that happens to them in their Heroic ID. They aren't even aware of the blank spots in their memory.

Worse, they are an autograph hunter, and desperately want the signature of their superhero idol, who happens to be their alter-ego.

(And if you want even worse, one character is male, the other female...).

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How dare you slander the legendary Bat-Shark Repellent! It was not oversized! It was not clunky! It came in a can, and it repelled sharks! That's all! A perfectly well-designed and precisely measured bit of technology!

Really!

:snicker:

Just like the Bat-blowtorch :)

DF: Visible Sound Effects - No matter what the character does, words describing his action appear next to him. If he's using Stealth, the words "sneak sneak" appear near his feet in tiny lettering. If he's Leaping, the word "boing" appears. If he's Stunned in combat, a circle of whirling birds or stars orbits his head and let's all know he's been knocked for a loop. If he's in a fight, huge brightly colored onomatopoeic words such as "CRASH!" "BANG!" and "POW!" appear. The harder the impact delivered by the hero, the larger the lettering and the more exclamation points appear behind it. This Cheezy Disad™ often annoys teammates who can't see through the oversized lettering to shoot a target, but at least the word "KO!!!" always signifies when the villain is finally knocked out cold.

DF: Visible Sound Effects - No matter what the character does' date=' words describing his action appear next to him. If he's using Stealth, the words "sneak sneak" appear near his feet in tiny lettering. If he's Leaping, the word "boing" appears. If he's Stunned in combat, a circle of whirling birds or stars orbits his head and let's all know he's been knocked for a loop. If he's in a fight, huge brightly colored onomatopoeic words such as "CRASH!" "BANG!" and "POW!" appear. The harder the impact delivered by the hero, the larger the lettering and the more exclamation points appear behind it. This Cheezy Disadâ„¢ often annoys teammates who can't see through the oversized lettering to shoot a target, but at least the word "KO!!!" always signifies when the villain is finally knocked out cold.[/quote']

I love these boards! Where else in the wold can someone work "onomatopoeic" into a conversation!

Physical Limitation: Drawn By (name of artist here) -- This may result in such issues as not being able to find clothing to fit you, inability to walk on some surfaces because your feet get stuck, inability to even find your feet, wrists that don't rotate, a neck that won't let you turn your head, waists so small you have trouble breathing, breasts so large you can't hug or carry someone, big hair, big eyes, big hands or feet, oversized muscles, more muscles than any human should have, or a non-symmetrical body.

Conversely, drawn by (name) could be a DF, as you end up a lot better looking them the rest of the cast. Or, the DF could represent someone drawn "manga" style in a more normal Western comics setting.

I love these boards! Where else in the wold can someone work "onomatopoeic" into a conversation!

And everyone knows what they're talking about.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary observes that Lucius doesn't always know what people are talking about, even when he thinks he does.

We had a player try Psych Lim: Hatred of broccoli.

Gm let him get away with it...for a while, then he actually used it against him A plant based villian ( home brewed, I dont even remember the name) had giant broccoli hench men .....It was one of the funniest game we ever had

I Love A Challenge (Psych Lim): Whenever things are going well for the PC or their team, they will take some action to deliberately hamper themselves and/or their teammates to make the situation more challenging and dangerous.

Fair Weather Hero (Susceptibility): The character takes damage from Falling Rain (or Snow in colder climates). They can only fight crime when it's happening indoors or if it's not raining/snowing outside.

Here's a couple of Psych Lims:

"No sense of proportion" : character gets just as worked up over a jaywalker as he does over a potential nuclear holocaust.

"Overblown sense of proportion" : character can't take seriously any foe who isn't bulging out of their outfit since all supers are supposed to have super bodies (see the Beefcake/Cheesecake poll for examples).

Secret Crime Viewfinder "I sure wish I could find some crime to fight." This is sorta the opposite of Angry Bug's BHIACIACB/TS/RPG. The character is a super hero with super powers, but otherwise is in a normal world.

Also, Seeking Arch-Nemesis in the Personals is along the same lines.

Yes, both are from the Tick. And the Tick is really a good background for a Cheesey Campions campaign. I wonder if the rights might be available now that all the tick mania has calmed down?

Psych Lim: Every major event has a built-in moral lesson

"You see Timmy, we beat the Skrulls because they didn't understand the true power of love...the most powerful superpower of all!"

Psych Lim: Treats sidekick like red-headed step-intern

"While I'm out fighting injustice, make sure to pick up my shirts at the cleaners. And how many times do I have to tell you TWO SUGARS IN THE COFFEE!?!"

No Everyman Deduction/Comes to ridiculous conclusions:

(note - ones even ridiculous by Cheese Champions standards...this may be hard depending on the GM)

"Hmmm...the bank is being robbed...there are masked men inside with guns...a car is idling out front...ZOUNDS! Only bureaucrats would so wantonly waste fuel! This is an undercover mission by the Federal Reserve to remove excess notes from circulation to battle the insidious scourge of INFLATION! They must be allowed to perform their vital function for the economic health of America!"

Funny you should mention that. I ran an adventure where Foxbat got his hands on the equivilent of the cosmic cube... rewarped reality to a comic book world, and my Teen Champs group stopped him only by throwing him fruitpies. The rules of his new universe defeating him.

Truly Secret Identity: Even the character doesn't know they are a Superhero. Their transformation is triggered by some outside event, but they have no recollection of anything that happens to them in their Heroic ID. They aren't even aware of the blank spots in their memory.

Rose and Thorn had this. Actual DC characters with their own book, IIRC.