Conan vs. Elric

TheQuestionMan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Conan vs. Elric

Can't happen. Only Melniboneans can wield Stormbringer and others of its kind.

It was a joke. Admittedly, it was not the funniest joke I have ever made, but I had hoped that it would be seen in the light it was intended. Yeesh! I am getting more heat for this than some of my more controversial postings on the NGD side. Now, by all that is holy, will this thread please die again.

• 2 months later...

I got a new one.

Lets say Conan gets lucky and kills Elric and makes off with Stormbringer. We all know that Stormbringer would be more than willing to go with Conan for all the opportunities that the Hyperborian would give him to spread Chaos across the land.

In his travels, Conan comes across another large, barbarian warrior of extraordinary strength and endurance wearing a menacing looking helmet and a huge battleaxe.

Yep, Conan with Stormbring VS Gath of Baal (Prisoner of the Horned Helmet series)

FIGHT!

Conan. After being apparently slain by Elric and his soul absorbed by the runesword, the dark blade shakes and groans before finally...cracking. Tens of thousands of souls fly out, including the completely indomitable soul of the Cimmerian, which promptly returns to his body. Conan revives to find Elric stumbling about in disbelief ("what shall i do now?....")

Conan. After being apparently slain by Elric and his soul absorbed by the runesword' date=' the dark blade shakes and groans before finally...cracking. Tens of thousands of souls fly out, including the completely indomitable soul of the Cimmerian, which promptly returns to his body. Conan revives to find Elric stumbling about in disbelief ("what shall i do now?....")[/quote']

Die.

Hägar the Horrible?

You called?

Hagar the Horrible

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

15 STR 5 12- Lift 200.0kg; 3d6 [1]

14 DEX 12 12- OCV: 5/DCV: 5

18 CON 16 13-

10 BODY 0 11-

13 INT 3 12- PER Roll 12-

11 EGO 2 11- ECV: 4

15 PRE 5 12- PRE Attack: 3d6

10 COM 0 11-

4 PD 1 Total: 4 PD (0 rPD)

4 ED 0 Total: 4 ED (0 rED)

3 SPD 6 Phases: 4, 8, 12

7 REC 0

36 END 0

27 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 52

Movement:

Running: 7"/14"

Leaping: 2"/4"

Swimming: 3"/6"

Cost Powers END

15 Luck 3d6

Perks

0 Longship and Crew

Talents

12 Combat Luck (6 PD/6 ED)

Skills

The Gothic Arts of Pillaging, Pilfering, Sacking, Looting, Ravaging and Plundering

3 1) PS: Viking Captain 12-

3 2) Oratory 12-

3 3) Concealment 12-

4 4) Navigation (Marine) 13-

1 5) TF Longship

3 6) Evaluate Treasure 12-

3 7) Stealth 12-

3 8) Climbing 12-

12 9) Survival (Arctic/Subarctic, Marine, Temperate/Subtropical, Mountain) 14-

2 10) WF: Common Melee Weapons

5 11) +1 with HTH Combat

3 12) +1 with Swords

3 Traveler

2 1) AK: All seas traversed by Vikings 12-

2 2) AK: England 12-

2 3) AK: France 12-

1 4) AK: Helgeland 11-

3 5) AK: Scandinavia 13-

4 6) CK: Oslo 14-

Languages

4 1) Language: Norse (idiomatic)

2 2) Language: Anglo Saxon (completely fluent)

2 3) Language: Frankish (completely fluent)

1 4) Language: Runes (Literate)

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 98

Total Cost: 150

75+ Disadvantages

10 Reputation: Horrible, 11-

5 Hunted: Tax Collectors 8- (As Pow, They never follow when he goes viking, But they know where he lives, Mildly Punish)

5 Social Limitation: Married to Helga (Occasionally, Minor)

15 Unluck: 3d6

15 Dependent NPC: Honi and Hamlet 8- (Normal; Group DNPC: x2 DNPCs)

10 Physical Limitation: Horns fall off if he lies. (Infrequently, Greatly Impairing)

15 Psychological Limitation: Comic Viking (Common, Strong)

Total Disadvantage Points: 75

Quote: As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Appearance: Overweight, red haired and red bearded Viking, complete with horned helm.

Lucius Alexander

Hagar the Horrible by Dik Browne. Hager the Horrible character sheet by Lucius Alexander, copyright Palindromedary Enterprises.

You called?

Hagar the Horrible

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

15 STR 5 12- Lift 200.0kg; 3d6 [1]

14 DEX 12 12- OCV: 5/DCV: 5

18 CON 16 13-

10 BODY 0 11-

13 INT 3 12- PER Roll 12-

11 EGO 2 11- ECV: 4

15 PRE 5 12- PRE Attack: 3d6

10 COM 0 11-

I think his INT is too high, I wouldn't give him higher than an 8. (NTIM) :)

Everything else is great, though! (Must spread rep, etc.)

Conan will win. Elric has three possible strategies:

(1) Use his magic to summon an elemental or demon. Conan always defeats demons, so wins. Elric either escapes in the confusion or foolishly stays and is next in line to be slaughtered.

(2) Use his magic to summon Arioch, Lord of Chaos. Arioch is technically a big demon, so Conan will inevitably defeat him, though it will be a tough battle.

(3) Use Stormbringer to suck out Conan's soul. Unfortunately, Stormbringer is also a demon, and therefore it has exactly zero chance to defeat Conan. I have no idea how he'd pull it off, but Conan has 18d6 of Luck so he'll find a way. He's the starship enterprise of demon fighters, he's always saved by either by his "Constitution of a Wild Bull" or good old deus ex machina.

In all probability, Elric would stick Conan with stormbringer, but Conan has +60 EGO, too ornery to lay down and die and resists. Stormbringer would get really mad until it takes humanoid form, pauses to eat Elric, and then it would grapple with Conan, not realizing that Conan has 75% Damage Reduction vs Demon Claws, and Life Support: No Need to Breath, only when being throttled by demons or giant apes (-1). Eventually Conan strangles the demon with his bare hands, puts it's ruby heart into his coin pouch, and heads to the nearest city to squander it on women and wine.

Conan will win. Elric has three possible strategies:

(1) Use his magic to summon an elemental or demon. Conan always defeats demons, so wins. Elric either escapes in the confusion or foolishly stays and is next in line to be slaughtered.

(2) Use his magic to summon Arioch, Lord of Chaos. Arioch is technically a big demon, so Conan will inevitably defeat him, though it will be a tough battle.

(3) Use Stormbringer to suck out Conan's soul. Unfortunately, Stormbringer is also a demon, and therefore it has exactly zero chance to defeat Conan. I have no idea how he'd pull it off, but Conan has 18d6 of Luck so he'll find a way. He's the starship enterprise of demon fighters, he's always saved by either by his "Constitution of a Wild Bull" or good old deus ex machina.

In all probability, Elric would stick Conan with stormbringer, but Conan has +60 EGO, too ornery to lay down and die and resists. Stormbringer would get really mad until it takes humanoid form, pauses to eat Elric, and then it would grapple with Conan, not realizing that Conan has 75% Damage Reduction vs Demon Claws, and Life Support: No Need to Breath, only when being throttled by demons or giant apes (-1). Eventually Conan strangles the demon with his bare hands, puts it's ruby heart into his coin pouch, and heads to the nearest city to squander it on women and wine.

Your post is every kind of :hail: and :thumbup:

Have some rep!