Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

VATICAN CITY — The Vatican has brought in the Fox News correspondent in Rome to help improve its communications strategy as it tries to cope with years of communications blunders and one of its most serious scandals in decades, officials said Saturday.

Greg Burke, 52, will leave Fox to become the senior communications adviser in the Vatican's secretariat of state, the Vatican and Burke told The Associated Press.

"I'm a bit nervous but very excited. Let's just say it's a challenge," Burke said in a phone interview.

He defined his job, which he said he had been offered twice before, as being along the lines of the White House senior communications adviser: "You're shaping the message, you're molding the message, and you're trying to make sure everyone remains on-message. And that's tough."

Well, if anybody has a worse reputation than Fox News right now, it's the Vatican, if only because Fox never had a good rep to begin with.

JG

Well, if anybody has a worse reputation than Fox News right now, it's the Vatican, if only because Fox never had a good rep to begin with.

JG

The fact the the current pope resembles Emperor Palpatine doesn't help matters, either.

Insomnia. New job on Monday. Feeling very unsettled. Have to scramble to finish some things before then. Probably a bit too used to not working' date=' at this point.[/quote']

I sympathize completely. It took weeks for me to get used to waking up for work after nearly two years of my own capricious schedule.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nationals/obama-learns-about-messing-around-with-red-sox-nation-youkilis-line-becomes-campaign-fodder/2012/06/26/gJQAQFXc4V_story.html

So Obama told a Boston crowd "thanks for giving us (Chicago) Kevin Youkilis."

A bit like a guy from Miami telling a Cleveland crowd "Thanks for LeBron."

At least now Boston knows how Las Vegas feels.

well, to be fair, Boston sent Youkilis to Chicago.

LeBron abandoned Cleveland.