Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Actually, I have no idea. Just speculating because curling is Scandinavian in origin, and just about all such things make a lot more sense when you're snockered. I mean, big round rocks, brooms, ice. Add intoxication and a couple of Norwegians and you've got a great ethnic joke started... :rolleyes:

I could probably find out. The Seattle Curling Club is walking distance from my house, and I drive past it most days.

I have commented before that I would rather watch curling than Golf or Baseball. :P Baseball is only good for a few highliights scenes.

Yeah, I know, I know, I'm pathetic.

Actually, I have no idea. Just speculating because curling is Scandinavian in origin, and just about all such things make a lot more sense when you're snockered. I mean, big round rocks, brooms, ice. Add intoxication and a couple of Norwegians and you've got a great ethnic joke started... :rolleyes:

I could probably find out. The Seattle Curling Club is walking distance from my house, and I drive past it most days.

. . . Blame the Scots for curling . . .

I have commented before that I would rather watch curling than Golf or Baseball. :P Baseball is only good for a few highliights scenes.

Yeah, I know, I know, I'm pathetic.

Personally, of the three I prefer golf; it's the sport with the highest probablility of the participants being struck by lightning. :eek:

My little brother just called me from Seattle. He works at some of the Seahawks games (concessions, I think he's also back up mascot should the regular guy not be ablt to do it)

He was so excited and I could barely hear him but I thnk he told me he met the Drummer from YES.

It was nice to hear from him. He sounded so excited.

I miss my brother. And he's only 4 hours away.

Rock. :thumbup:

My little brother just called me from Seattle. He works at some of the Seahawks games (concessions, I think he's also back up mascot should the regular guy not be ablt to do it)

He was so excited and I could barely hear him but I thnk he told me he met the Drummer from YES.

It was nice to hear from him. He sounded so excited.

I miss my brother. And he's only 4 hours away.

Dude, your brother has a sweet gig going on there.

Do you think he could get me some tickets? ;)

GO SEAHAWKS!!

The Discovery Channel aired a cool show the other day called "Chased By Sea Monsters." The premise was an actual nature show host (I forget his name - the one who kinda looks like Robin Williams) traveling through time and diving with the most dangerous sea creatures that ever lived. It was all done in faux-documentary style and was quite effective. Very cool.

It aired on the BBC a while back as a two or three parter. It was quite fun.

They had done one previosuly looking at dinosaurs on dry land.

It aired on the BBC a while back as a two or three parter. It was quite fun.

They had done one previosuly looking at dinosaurs on dry land.

Oh, I think I know the one you mean, you mean the one that was mostly a real documentary with the fictionalization/speculation mainly being how they looked and the specific actions portrayed? I taped that quite some time back. Neat show.

Huh, I hadn't heard about that show until it came on recently. Guess I need to pay better attention.

I watched it the same night that I watched that great dramatization of people migrating from stone-age France to America. Man, science shows are so dang cool these days. How lucky are we?