Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Believe it or not' date=' I was more pissed off about getting blood all over the onions and the cutting board than I was about the pain. Though let me tell you, onion juice in such a wound is a bad thing.[/quote']

Why am I reminded of Dan Ackroyd playing Julia Child?

JG

Believe it or not' date=' I was more pissed off about getting blood all over the onions and the cutting board than I was about the pain. Though let me tell you, onion juice in such a wound is a bad thing.[/quote']

Most of the chefs I've talked to say similar. "And I had to throw away what I was working on!"

Guest Worldmaker

As much as I despise the Democratic Party' date=' it might be good if the White House changed hands in 2008. If only because the inevitable sex and/or bribery investigations of the President would put them in very weak position to scold us plebes. ;)[/quote']

No, no... come on now... get it right. Sex/drugs scandals are Democrats, bribery/corruption scandals are Republicans.

Guest Worldmaker

Worldmaker' date=' how is the finger today? How is it typing, is it annoying at all?[/quote']

It itches like crazy. I'm typing with my finger stuck out in the air, using my other fingers on that side and while I'm still able to type pretty quickly, its nowhere near what I can do normally and I keep having to stop and go back and take typos out.

So yes, its annoying. :D (I won't even go into latex gloves right now...)

It itches like crazy. I'm typing with my finger stuck out in the air, using my other fingers on that side and while I'm still able to type pretty quickly, its nowhere near what I can do normally and I keep having to stop and go back and take typos out.

better not go into latex, I think I hear Mightybec around the corner. :D

I used to be a kitchen worker and one reason I gave it up is because I could not use the latex gloves required for dishwashing. I got an allergic reaction that made my skin look like raw steak.

JG

I used to be a kitchen worker and one reason I gave it up is because I could not use the latex gloves required for dishwashing. I got an allergic reaction that made my skin look like raw steak.

I guess they wouldn't supply the non-latex versions?

I can't believe I had to come in to work today... there are no, repeat NO, calls in the queue this morning, and I've been here since 6am. I've taken ONE call and that was a fast question about something.

God, I hope the call center supe comes in and sends us home, we have five teams scheduled to come in besides us and we had the highest sales last week, so they said we could go home early today.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

What's the 800 number for where you work? Then you could here the voices to go with people here.

Our customer service line's not an 800#. And there's no guarantee that if you call in, you'll get me.

Now, if you guys want to BUY stuff from GoDaddy.com, I'll give you my email address at work and I'll get ya squared away with domain names, hosting, email, and all that good stuff.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Our customer service line's not an 800#. And there's no guarantee that if you call in, you'll get me.

Now, if you guys want to BUY stuff from GoDaddy.com, I'll give you my email address at work and I'll get ya squared away with domain names, hosting, email, and all that good stuff.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Unfortuneately can't afford much right now. Saving up for Diecon next week, and catching up on my Hero Purchases.

In a hurry, 3 in 1:

4 and a half hours into Sunday's moving process. Things aren't looking good. One person said he'd show up to help with moving things and is no where to be seen. Another isn't interested in moving. Alice offered pizza to people at her job if they would help and no one was interested. Some of this stuff we need help with and just can't do alone. It isn't looking pretty right now.

Sorry, hope it is turning out okay...

A bit of a culture shock.

Just down the street are some people practicing for a quick draw western event. And of course, all contestants must be in western garb.

Last time I heard so much gunfire was when I was in a bad neighborhood.

:lol: truly

My wife added, "you still might be in a bad neighborhood!" :D

So I'm listening to the radio today and the station plays Green Day's early single "Longview." And they censor the line "When masturbation's lost its fun, you're f***ing lazy."

As in, they always censored the F word, which is FCC guidelines. But this time they censored "masturbation."

So that's practically a whole verse of silence.

And it's all because after the Janet Jackson "scandal" certain people have the broadcasters totally :whip:

As much as I despise the Democratic Party, it might be good if the White House changed hands in 2008. If only because the inevitable sex and/or bribery investigations of the President would put them in very weak position to scold us plebes. ;)

JG

Funny thing on the opposite end of the spectrum - the local rock station played that exact same song UNCENSORED on Saturday, so it's odd to reach this so close on the heels of that.

Funny thing on the opposite end of the spectrum - the local rock station played that exact same song UNCENSORED on Saturday, so it's odd to reach this so close on the heels of that.

You must be dealing with a different broadcaster. This station was with Infinity, which was the main chain getting ripped a new one over Howard Stern.

JG

Nicole Kidman' date=' [b']Angelina Jolie[/b], Val Kilmer, Charlie Sheen, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lopez

Just comments on the repulse list (no probs with your draws).

Kidman hasn't done much for me either way. Jolie is the same.

I haven't seen much of Kilmer since probably Batman, but never had a problem with him. Though I'm really just remembering him from Top Secret.

Charlie Sheen : I'll have to agree, but he doesn't bug me at all.

DiCaprio : He's not a draw for me, but I do want to see Basketball Diaries at some point.

Lopez: Never seen her in anything

For me, Tom Cruise will stop me from seeing a film. Well, that and Spielberg. (And now they're teaming up! Makes it easier to avoid their stuff!)

2. Johnny Depp. Does this guy ever make a bad movie? If I could be anyone else, I’d want to be…Santa Claus. But Johnny Depp comes right after him.

Yes he has, it is called the ninth gate and it has a really anticlimactic ending.

The rest of the movie is good though, lots of interesting details and characters.

Just comments on the repulse list (no probs with your draws).

Kidman hasn't done much for me either way. Jolie is the same.

I haven't seen much of Kilmer since probably Batman, but never had a problem with him. Though I'm really just remembering him from Top Secret.

Charlie Sheen : I'll have to agree, but he doesn't bug me at all.

DiCaprio : He's not a draw for me, but I do want to see Basketball Diaries at some point.

Lopez: Never seen her in anything

For me, Tom Cruise will stop me from seeing a film. Well, that and Spielberg. (And now they're teaming up! Makes it easier to avoid their stuff!)

I would still recommend Magnolias, even with Cruise in it.

Anyway, I saw large parts of Basketball Diaries when Alesia saw it, pretty good.

PS - if you don't already know, Carrol (sp) has a brief cameo in it, too.

I would still recommend Magnolias' date=' even with Cruise in it...[/quote']

I don't have a problem with The Tom. He's not a draw to me, nor is he a repulsor.

Actually,Magnolia is one of my favorite movies.

There. Now at least half of you will never speak to me again...

I would still recommend Magnolias, even with Cruise in it.

Anyway, I saw large parts of Basketball Diaries when Alesia saw it, pretty good.

PS - if you don't already know, Carrol (sp) has a brief cameo in it, too.

Magnolias is actually on the list of films I'd like to see eventually. And I didn't know Carrol made a cameo. Thanks!

I watched 2 good films Monday:

My Fellow Americans; Two ex-Presidents on the lamb to avoid being killed by the sitting president. James Gardner, Jack Lemmon, and Dan Ackroid. Hilarious.

Boondock Saints; A light hearted anti-hero movie or dark anti-hero comedy. Either way, highly recommended. Be prepared for several twists.