Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Not for ALL of us. :mad:

SOME of us get to bust our butts moving from our nice, big, 3-floor apartment that's ridiculously priced to a place half the size with decent rent, but that won't have a phone until Tuesday.

Well, you have my sympathies since I just did a cross country move. Things are still needing sorting. The landlord needs to tell us if he's installing the air conditioner so that we can place cats in the bathroom. We're not putting them in there if he's not since the poor things don't have vents in there.

Oh, both Jenn and I will be working Saturday/Sunday and Jenn will be working Monday.

One problem... I'm not a SouthTrust customer.

I think I'm going to phone SouthTrust and let them in on this one.

I get those kind of phishing emails all the time, purportedly from various banks with whom I've never done business. They're so prevalent any more I never bother to inform the banks about them because (1) when they've responded, it's always been with a "yes, we know", (2) there's really nothing they can do about it and (3) even tracing the emails won't help, because the culprit invariably uses a spam zombie.

:straight:

Not for ALL of us. :mad:

SOME of us get to bust our butts moving from our nice, big, 3-floor apartment that's ridiculously priced to a place half the size with decent rent, but that won't have a phone until Tuesday.

And due to the phone company's ability to drag their feet, Josh and I are looking at cable internet. Which will be $80 for 3 months, then $140 after that.

:mad:

And then we go into work, exhausted and sore, when everyone else is enjoying a paid holiday.

I'm thinking taking the rest of the week off of the NGD might be a good idea. I am going to be SO pissy.

I used to pay $45 here!

have you checked into DSL, or wireless DSL?

I get those kind of phishing emails all the time, purportedly from various banks with whom I've never done business. They're so prevalent any more I never bother to inform the banks about them because (1) when they've responded, it's always been with a "yes, we know", (2) there's really nothing they can do about it and (3) even tracing the emails won't help, because the culprit invariably uses a spam zombie.

Have a read of this -> Vigilante Hackers Use Old West Tactics for Cyberspace Justice

I've been getting about 10 ebay phishes a week lately, pretty soon they are probably going to get tired of me forwarding them to their spoof reporting address.

Maybe they will actually try to do something

?

I managed to slice the tip of my left index finger off while slicing onions at work tonight. Not the entire thing... I mean' date=' I didn't cut bone, but I've got missing skin and meat now... its irritating.[/quote']

Holy crap...umm, irritating? :nonp: What, do you have to lose a knuckle to get pissed? ;)

Hope you're ok!

Those onions are ruthless, man...

Holy crap...umm' date=' [i']irritating[/i]? :nonp: What, do you have to lose a knuckle to get pissed? ;)

Hope you're ok!

My wife did that with her index as well. It is irritating (well, after the initial pain and bleeding)

And with really sharp knives, you hardly noticed until you're cleaning the wound.

I used to pay $45 here!

have you checked into DSL, or wireless DSL?

That's what we used to have. We'll be farther from the transfer station, and it's flaky.

And getting JUST high-speed internet through the cable company is going to cost us about $50 per month.

Now I don't know how to handle it. Do I just rant and rave online like I always do? Do I report it to the police? If I do' date=' what do I tell them? I did get a license plate number, just in case, but it would be a case of my word against theirs. And I really don't have the time to drag anyone to court, even if it IS valid.[/quote']

Report it to the police as a complaint. Some states (or cities) will mark this on thier file. (Don't know if your's does.) If he does something that attracts police attention, this will hopefully pop up and the cop will be less inclined to give any sympathy.

Or you could let karma get him.

Report it to the police as a complaint. Some states (or cities) will mark this on thier file. (Don't know if your's does.) If he does something that attracts police attention, this will hopefully pop up and the cop will be less inclined to give any sympathy.

Or you could let karma get him.

Thanks to a friend's suggestion, I did call the police, then the ranger service (the parkway is on a different jurisdiction - traffic complaints are apparently felonies on the parkway) and filed a complaint just now.

I feel a little better.

Now I don't know how to handle it. Do I just rant and rave online like I always do? Do I report it to the police? If I do, what do I tell them? I did get a license plate number, just in case, but it would be a case of my word against theirs. And I really don't have the time to drag anyone to court, even if it IS valid.

You should report this guy to the police tell them exactly what happened and how he overreacted. It is almost certain that he has done or will do something like this again.

If enough complaints gather up the police might want to talk to him to check out how crazy he is.

Think of the other motorists on the road. What if somebody else has tried to report him for something even more serious but he managed to trick the courts to believe him rather than his victim, your statement can be the thing that triggers the brain cells for the authorities and they will look into the case harder especially if he lies about having been reported before.

Good job Alice. We need less people like him on the road.

I agree.

I just wasn't sure whether it was okay to report that kinda thing. I got a mental picture of a cop, one eyebrow raised at the phone: "You want to report someone for tailgating?" *click*

Guest Worldmaker

My wife did that with her index as well. It is irritating (well, after the initial pain and bleeding)

And with really sharp knives, you hardly noticed until you're cleaning the wound.

Believe it or not, I was more pissed off about getting blood all over the onions and the cutting board than I was about the pain. Though let me tell you, onion juice in such a wound is a bad thing.

Guest Worldmaker

Holy crap...umm' date=' [i']irritating[/i]? :nonp: What, do you have to lose a knuckle to get pissed? ;)

Hope you're ok!

Yeah, I'll be fine.