Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Nothing against any of the posters in this thread, but every time I see it, it irks me.

Why?

Because it is the only active thread I see that still bears the pseudo-handle of the late unlamented KaRachel as the thread starter.

Since there is a Random Musings thread to absorb this type of post, is there any reason to keep this one alive?

Just asking,

or, that is to say, "musing",

KA.

Nothing against any of the posters in this thread, but every time I see it, it irks me.

Why?

Because it is the only active thread I see that still bears the pseudo-handle of the late unlamented KaRachel as the thread starter.

Since there is a Random Musings thread to absorb this type of post, is there any reason to keep this one alive?

Just asking,

or, that is to say, "musing",

KA.

Because we don't reply to posts in the Random Musings thread. This is where we reply to them. Who cares who started it? The previous ones got closed to brain dead behaviour, just think of this one as started by the original work around of Old Man's rules. ;)

I feel history is history. It's like revising legal documents such as state constitutions and completely eliminating those portions which referred to the legality of slavery and other second-class citizenry, not simply repealing those sections by amendment, but actually trying to white-wash history.

I feel history is history. It's like revising legal documents such as state constitutions and completely eliminating those portions which referred to the legality of slavery and other second-class citizenry' date=' not simply repealing those sections by amendment, but actually trying to white-wash history.[/quote']

Well, if you mean that in the sense of it being a reminder of one of the board's darker episodes, I can understand that.

To me it is more like leaving up a monument to a past leader that turned out to be downright evil.

KA.

Well, if you mean that in the sense of it being a reminder of one of the board's darker episodes, I can understand that.

To me it is more like leaving up a monument to a past leader that turned out to be downright evil.

KA.

You mean, like Andrew Jackson or some of those other guys who approved of racism.

JG

Sounds like things are seldom black and white.

I still think there were positive aspects of Kara and Rachel for the time, however bizarre and possibly sociopathic, potentially, the lurking motivation. But I doubt any direct sort of sociopathy, maybe more of an ambivalence which manifested in a way of trying to been as a hero. I mean, let me put this more directly...can't you imagine if RFK suddenly got super-powers he'd be a super-hero but for the wrong reasons? Would that make it bad that he were a super-hero?

You mean, like Andrew Jackson or some of those other guys who approved of racism.

JG

Well, without making this into a lengthy debate, I do see a difference between someone who is misguided because they are a product of their time, and someone who deliberately sets out to decieve a group of people who have done nothing to them.

KA.

Sounds like things are seldom black and white.

I still think there were positive aspects of Kara and Rachel for the time, however bizarre and possibly sociopathic, potentially, the lurking motivation. But I doubt any direct sort of sociopathy, maybe more of an ambivalence which manifested in a way of trying to been as a hero. I mean, let me put this more directly...can't you imagine if RFK suddenly got super-powers he'd be a super-hero but for the wrong reasons? Would that make it bad that he were a super-hero?

I must admit I find this concept chilling.

RFK with superpowers would probably resemble something from The Authority or worse.

Maybe I am just cynical, but what I see, looking back, is someone who set out to craft two personas that would appeal to the members of this board, and then by a campaign of false kindness and flirtation, build enough of a clique that they could shout down anyone who disagreed with them on any topic.

Anyone who would go to those great lengths for such a small amount of power in such a limited and ultimately silly arena, would seem to be capable of nearly anything if they were to obtain any sort of real power.

YMMV, but I have dealt with people like this in person before and I would be much happier if I never had to again.

However, that is my hang-up, not everyone else's.

I just find the entire Kara/Rachel incident more than a little creepy.

I don't see it as a basically harmless person with a need to be accepted.

As far as I can tell, nearly everyone is accepted, and welcomed, as soon as they show up here.

Which is why this bothers me.

There was no need for it.

It was just a cruel exercise in manipulation for no real gain.

If this were one of the many cliquish, hostile, elitist boards on the internet, I can see someone with a twisted sense of humor wanting to 'take us down a peg'.

But this is like Leland Gaunt from Needful Things coming to Mayberry.

I still don't think the boards have recovered.

People are still more hostile, touchier, more quick to judge, than they were in the past.

And not just newcomers who may be used to boards that are a bit more snarky.

Even a lot of longtime posters have seemed to have gone over the edge.

A fair number aren't even here anymore.

I don't directly attribute this to any specific thing that RFK did, other than generally instigating fights and then sitting back to laugh at us while we tore into each other, but the damage has been done.

Maybe I am just taking things too seriously, but on the other hand, it seems like every day there is some new restriction that seems necessary.

Not that I am faulting the powers that be for doing what they have to do.

It is more like the police instituting a curfew because crime is suddenly skyrocketing.

But I still see no reason to keep a thread alive that was started by what I consider the most poisonous personality to ever invade this board.

Maybe what really irks me is the knowledge that, even though banned, RFK can still observe and get a little chuckle every time he sees that we are still keeping one of his threads alive.

That's it.

I'm done with this.

I'm not 'stomping off' or anything, but if I can't get others to let this thread die, I sure don't have to contribute to it myself.

If anyone has some perverse desire to discuss this further, feel free to PM or email me.

But I'm done with this thread.

Best wishes,

KA.

I can't help but say, aside from a more individual basis, as a community I think they did no real ill. I don't think that, while the clique thing is possible, it was so successful or well-crafted as it sounds from above and I don't think it came to anything more than a reinforcing at best and other times actually I think "they" worked against some of the cliqueishness.

you're right' date=' England has to win them.[/quote']

Bangladesh had to win sometime. It just had to happen it was against Australia. There's plenty of incidences in sport where the big name is suddenly surprised and beaten by the minnow.

And losing to the county side isn't as bad as it was made out when you find out who two of the batsmen on Somerset's side were.

A white wash either way in the Ashes would be a bad thing indeed.

I can't help but say' date=' aside from a more individual basis, as a community I think they did no real ill. [/quote']

Remember that the posts on the herogames board were only the tip of the iceberg, bittic had cultivated friendships with people and he got them to tell him personal things because they trusted the characters he created. Him posting fake pictures of "kara" and "rachel" here while babbling a little did no psychological damage. But who knows what people have talked with him about off the board? bittic is an manipulator, he has been doing this for six years because he likes it.

As for the boards here, kararachel turned this place into a low brow popularity contest and drove off many with their sickening “cutenessâ€. As it were his presence might have seen benevolent but in fact kararachel was an eroding presence, seriously “dumbing down†every thread they posted in and personally whipping the drool-squad into overdrive. Just because that he made you feel good about it does not mean that it is actually good.

If you want the board to be friendly you are better off with the approach you or Hermit or Keithkurtis or Nexus or Jeff T uses: Posting real answers and generally being nice.

What is good for the board is people with and genuine interest in what is going on and in other people and their points of view, not political correct hyped up gimmicks and “cutenessâ€

You just keep on posting as you do and you will have much more effect than the fake lesbians ever did, it just takes longer time but it will not be as easy to krash down either.

I think "they" worked against some of the cliquishness.

He did this for propaganda purposes, he wanted to paint up gay couples as solid happy and dependable, fully capable of raising children. He is not very smart... He is sly but not smart.

Remember that he stopped talking to me for a time when I called him on it.

He did this for propaganda purposes, he wanted to paint up gay couples as solid happy and dependable, fully capable of raising children. He is not very smart... He is sly but not smart.

An excellent example of "the ends don't justify the means"

Maybe I am just cynical' date=' but what I see, looking back, is someone who set out to craft two personas that would appeal to the members of this board, and then by a campaign of false kindness and flirtation, build enough of a clique that they could shout down anyone who disagreed with them on any topic.[/quote']

"Kara and Rachel" existed as personas for years before they ever joined the NGD board. They were not created for the board. The fact that they became as popular as they did was simply a mix of lipstick lesbian fanboism and..well, it was mostly lipstick lesbian fanboism.

Remember that the posts on the herogames board were only the tip of the iceberg, bittic had cultivated friendships with people and he got them to tell him personal things because they trusted the characters he created. Him posting fake pictures of "kara" and "rachel" here while babbling a little did no psychological damage. But who knows what people have talked with him about off the board? bittic is an manipulator, he has been doing this for six years because he likes it.

As for the boards here, kararachel turned this place into a low brow popularity contest and drove off many with their sickening “cutenessâ€. As it were his presence might have seen benevolent but in fact kararachel was an eroding presence, seriously “dumbing down†every thread they posted in and personally whipping the drool-squad into overdrive. Just because that he made you feel good about it does not mean that it is actually good.

If you want the board to be friendly you are better off with the approach you or Hermit or Keithkurtis or Nexus or Jeff T uses: Posting real answers and generally being nice.

What is good for the board is people with and genuine interest in what is going on and in other people and their points of view, not political correct hyped up gimmicks and “cutenessâ€

You just keep on posting as you do and you will have much more effect than the fake lesbians ever did, it just takes longer time but it will not be as easy to krash down either.

Well, it's an old discussion, so I'm not going to belabor it.