Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

So what page led you to "The Top 100 Astronomy Dark Colored Maternity T Shirts" or maybe' date=' I would prefer my sanity not to know....[/quote']

I was searching for "astro-geek", because I remembered an old page (circa 10 years ago) with a bunch of stray things which included that word in its title. An associative memory sort of search for perhaps long-dead items.

I was talking with a coworkwer today

We both mentioned that we've been having a hard time sleeping because of stress.

She made the mistake of asking what I was stressed about.

I told her "Well, mostly because my ex just got engaged to the tranny she left me for. The wedding is being planned on a boat... she'll wear the tux, he'll wear the dress."

She opened and closed her mouth three times like a goldfish and responded with "I have NO idea what to say to that."

I can sympathize with her

I was searching for "astro-geek"' date=' because I remembered an old page (circa 10 years ago) with a bunch of stray things which included that word in its title. An associative memory sort of search for perhaps long-dead items.[/quote'] Gotcha.

Yeah, I really need to get rid of most of it. I haven't played 40k in, I dunno, maybe 2-3 years. Some of it I'd keep 'cause they're nice models, but most of it is just taking up space. :(

I'd probably never even miss the Tyranids...

So I've decided to go ahead and sell my Tyranids, part of my Chaos army, and part of my Eldar army. Anyone interested? :)

The wind was blowing hard last night. It woke me up a little bit after midnight. I thought it was going to blow right through the window. I was hoping it was going to blow some rain our way' date=' but it was completely dry at home, and there was just the barest sprinkling on the way to work.[/quote']

Now it's slowing like a sunnuvagun outside. We've probably got 2 inches on the ground right now.

Ah, Colorado. Yesterday, it as 82 degrees. Today, it's a blizzard. :D

Hope it's snowing or raining at home. I'd rather have god water my lawn than have to do it myself. ;)

Now it's slowing like a sunnuvagun outside. We've probably got 2 inches on the ground right now.

Ah, Colorado. Yesterday, it as 82 degrees. Today, it's a blizzard. :D

Hope it's snowing or raining at home. I'd rather have god water my lawn than have to do it myself. ;)

Braggart! ;)

We're probably done with precipitation until the fall. :( Maybe the occasional sprinkle, but probably not much.

I was talking with a coworkwer today

We both mentioned that we've been having a hard time sleeping because of stress.

She made the mistake of asking what I was stressed about.

I told her "Well, mostly because my ex just got engaged to the tranny she left me for. The wedding is being planned on a boat... she'll wear the tux, he'll wear the dress."

She opened and closed her mouth three times like a goldfish and responded with "I have NO idea what to say to that."

I can sympathize with her

You must have ticked off an old chinese man. (may you live in interesting times....)

April 30. Beltane. I remembered that today, although I usually forget. On my way to work, a raven flew past me. I heard the raven cawing on my way home from work. I would have ignored it on any other day.

The wind was so strong, it blew the front door of the office open. Considering the door has a heavy iron frame, it had to be a really strong wind.

I noticed a stork fly down to the building next door. Considering you don't see these birds in San Francisco, that's unusual. Maybe it was lost or had escaped from a wildlife preserve.

My Beltaine was mostly consumed with working, as the latest show I designed opened yesterday.

just around sundown, after the show was in swing, I took a quick smoke break. While I was standing there on the road a crow started circling me. It flew 3 clockwise rings around me, cawing the whole time, then flew up to a nearby tree and kept up the racket till I looked up and noticed another crow in the branches, whereupon the first crow shut up.

I don't usually pay much attention to omens and suchlike, but this felt like a metaphysical b*tchslap, brought to you by the number two (One's for sorrow, two's for joy... oh good.) and the family Corvidae.

I don't usually pay much attention to omens and suchlike' date=' but this felt like a metaphysical b*tchslap, brought to you by the number two (One's for sorrow, two's for joy... oh good.) and the family Corvidae.[/quote']

Which is of course why there are two Crow Girls. For those that read DeLint's stuff. :)

Today was 'Staff Development Day,' a day when we close the library to the public and all come together for some sort of seminar or other crap. On this day, I was asked to teach one of the seminars: Web 2.0 and Libraries. Twice. Only 45 minutes each.

Well, I am pleased to say that it went extremely well. The attendees in my standing room only sessions were very complimentary. I'm running a little high right now because of the success of these classes.

One of the points I made was that there are a lot of technologies being used by libraries around the country that we simply can't implement at this time. As if to prove my point, the entire network here at the headquarters library died while I was at lunch. The bridge I intend to burn? Our clueless IT manager. He couldn't make our system run right for one single day if his very life depended upon it.

I'm trying not to let it get to me, however, for I have a job interview on Monday! :rockon: My supervisor was very impressed with my presentation and strongly advised I take a copy to my interview. It's so cool to have your supervisor in your corner.

Is this for a different position at the same place, or a new position at a new place? It would seem odd for your supervisor to be giving you advice on interviewing if you were leaving...

Is this for a different position at the same place' date=' or a new position at a new place? It would seem odd for your supervisor to be giving you advice on interviewing if you were leaving...[/quote']

She is, in fact, giving me advice on a position elsewhere. We have both seen things here that have made us lose a lot of respect for the administration and the direction that they're moving. I want out; she wants out. We've been helping each other in the job hunt.

She is' date=' in fact, giving me advice on a position elsewhere. We have both seen things here that have made us lose a lot of respect for the administration and the direction that they're moving. I want out; she wants out. We've been helping each other in the job hunt.[/quote']

That is one cool boss. :thumbup:

It's better to put your morons in an anaerobic environment. Leaving them oxygenated just allows more moronic problems to emerge. It's sort of an inverse decay process.

She is' date=' in fact, giving me advice on a position elsewhere. We have both seen things here that have made us lose a lot of respect for the administration and the direction that they're moving. I want out; she wants out. We've been helping each other in the job hunt.[/quote']

Curious. I hope you both find new work soon. Would be nice if you two stayed together at the new place. :)

It's better to put your morons in an anaerobic environment. Leaving them oxygenated just allows more moronic problems to emerge. It's sort of an inverse decay process.

If you put your morons into a particle accelerator and smash them into some bozos, would you get bosons out?