Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

I am 36 years old. A child of the 80s. The video game generation. I remember Pong. I remember when Mario was just "The plumber." I used to know the lyrics to Pac-Man Fever. I played on the Atari 400, 800, and 2600.

But god help me... I can't beat level 2 of Frogger.

As someone 15 years older, who had an honest-to-Baal electromechanical pinball machine in his basement during his high school years, I can't do videogames to save my soul. My reflexes are tightly attuned to 1-gee Newtonian mechanics with angular momentum conservation and fully analog signal transmission. Pong was an interesting if expensive novelty my senior year. Tank was more interesting, but even more expensive. And since I was entering that state of voluntary impoverishment known as "college", it only went downhill from there. Only through wanton treachery can I snatch a few unfair wins against my son these days on the GameCube. Sigh.

As someone 15 years older' date=' who had an honest-to-Baal electromechanical pinball machine in his basement during his high school years, I can't do videogames to save my soul. My reflexes are tightly attuned to 1-gee Newtonian mechanics with angular momentum conservation and fully analog signal transmission. Pong was an interesting if expensive novelty my senior year. Tank was more interesting, but even more expensive. And since I was entering that state of voluntary impoverishment known as "college", it only went downhill from there. Only through wanton treachery can I snatch a few unfair wins against my son these days on the GameCube. Sigh.[/quote']

"Old age and Treachery will overcome Youth and Vigor every time." :sneaky::D

You probably won't have people freezing you out there.

Probably not. I'll be in an all-female part of the office, apparently. But it does share a building with the manufacturing plant. We'll see about the heat controls. I'll be stowing a sweater, anyway.

Probably not. I'll be in an all-female part of the office' date=' apparently. But it does share a building with the manufacturing plant. We'll see about the heat controls. I'll be stowing a sweater, anyway.[/quote']

Gender Segregated Work Environment?

Help ! My cat Star is insane and she's driving me crazy just like my old cat who looked like her used to. :ugly:

SatinKitty's Feline Mind Destruction: 3d6 Drain INT, 4d6 Drain EGO, Delayed Recovery, Limited: Only against Cats, Extra Time, Delayed effect, Side Effect: Equal Effect on Self.

SatinKitty's Feline Mind Destruction: 3d6 Drain INT' date=' 4d6 Drain EGO, Delayed Recovery, Limited: Only against Cats, Extra Time, Delayed effect, Side Effect: Equal Effect on Self.[/quote']

Wouldn't it be easier just to define this as a susceptibility? Then she gets points back.