Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Pics or it didn't happen! :bounce:

Pics are, of course, a must...

(Because no one will believe she exists otherwise, which would be a pity.

The fact that they'll make my ex turn green and swallow her own spleen is just sort of an added bonus...)

hmmm... I gotta make sure a least a few are board safe....

Pics are, of course, a must...

(Because no one will believe she exists otherwise, which would be a pity.

The fact that they'll make my ex turn green and swallow her own spleen is just sort of an added bonus...)

hmmm... I gotta make sure a least a few are board safe....

Pm me any non board safe ones. :)

The whole "We can't acomplish anything" / "The best we can hope for is basic survival" meme in modern Sci Fi and comics is pathetic.

But no, we have to roll about whinging pathetically in our fantasy lives now, with "heroes" who can barely survive, let alone win the day. We've mistaken weak and damaged character for moral complexity, and self pity for insight.

I blame White Wolf's World of Darkness. I never liked the overtones (IMO) of "the characters can never ultimately win, things are already past the tipping point." Yuck. :thumbdown:sick:

I take comfort in the knowledge that not all that's being produced now is pure crap' date=' but the percentages are not making me happy.[/quote']

Agreed.

I blame White Wolf's World of Darkness. I never liked the overtones (IMO) of "the characters can never ultimately win' date=' things are already past the tipping point." Yuck. :thumbdown:sick:[/quote']

Never really had any interest in WoD. In part because I've never really been interested in games that make it difficult to separate the system from the game world. I'll admit I've made exceptions (Empire of the Petal Throne being a prime example) but in general I'm interested in using a game system to run a world of my design, not to run someone else's world.

Archermoo, I don't know why my subconscious mind picked you for a superhero, but in my dreams you have a nation's gratitude and the President wants to give you a medal.

Maybe it's the avatar.

Lucius Alexander

Alas, there was no palindromedary in the dream.

Cool!

But I gotta know, what were my superpowers? Particularly since it might have been based off of my avatar. Super strong tentacles of hair? :D

Cool!

But I gotta know, what were my superpowers? Particularly since it might have been based off of my avatar. Super strong tentacles of hair? :D

Lucky! Last time someone other than Satinkitty told me they saw me in their dreams, they were having nightmares.

A transgendered Medusa. :)

:P

Lucky! Last time someone other than Satinkitty told me they saw me in their dreams' date=' they were having nightmares.[/quote']

Dreams are an odd thing for me. I haven't remembered mine since I was a kid, so I don't tend to think much of them. But hearing other people describe theirs is frequently pretty cool. :)

Amadan Ni Briona - If I get some pictures too, would you like to see some of the "Motivational Posters" I can't post publicly?

Cool!

Flight. Right up to suborbital range, I think. I think superstrength was implied. And you were like the leader or spokesman for a whole squad who also had flight.

There was a plot to replace the President with an imposter. I think aliens were involved. How much plot coherence do you expect from a dream anyway?

Lucius Alexander

If I see palindromedaries while I'm awake, you can imagine how wild the dreams get.

Flight. Right up to suborbital range, I think. I think superstrength was implied. And you were like the leader or spokesman for a whole squad who also had flight.

There was a plot to replace the President with an imposter. I think aliens were involved. How much plot coherence do you expect from a dream anyway?

Lucius Alexander

If I see palindromedaries while I'm awake, you can imagine how wild the dreams get.

Still makes more sense than Civil War, the Clone Saga, or the Gwen Stacy - Norman Osborn kids.