NGD Scenes from a Hat

Hermit

Re: NGD Scenes from a Hat

NT: Jobs for former pro football players outside of football. (Difficulty: no coaching or broadcasting)

State Supreme Court Justice or M.D.

I'd say politician but that's probably knocked out by the "no broadcasting" stricture.

NT: It's Friday the 13th! What happened to your character today?

NT: It's Friday the 13th! What happened to your character today?

Drugged with an unknown chemical, he staggered outside and was hit by lightning, knocking him into a vat of toxic waste. When he climbed out and stumbled into a nuclear reactor, he was bitten by a radioactive lemur.

But, hey, at least he got his origin story!

NT: Worst origin story ever.

NT: Worst origin story ever.

GM: "This is the most disjointed power set I've ever seen. The character's a brick, a mentalist, a shape-shifter, and a desolidifier? How can you possibly justify all of that?"

Player: "He's . . . a Martian. Yeah, that's the ticket! A Martian!"

New Topic: Normally lame superheros that could be awesome if written correctly (and how).

New Topic: Normally lame superheros that could be awesome if written correctly (and how).

Krypto ... I mean, a dog that's smarter than humans, and has super-powers! There's infinite awesomeness there for jokes and social commentary, and painting the current Marvel and DC regimes as fat cat money tools bent on destroying the heroic icons of the past. Don't put him in the boring DC universe; team him up with other comic animals like Fat Freddy's Cat, Wonder Wart-Hog ... heck, merge him in with Howard the Duck and Cerebus the Aardvark, and run him in a horribly dystopic world where the animals have it better than the humans, and the ultimate criminals are the Chinese manufacturers of tainted pet food. Let him administer a lethal bite in the crotch to Mark Millar; have him pee on Joe Quesada's car (after humping its fender and deforming it into something visibly obscene), unintentionally washing it (and its owner in it) into the Pacific Ocean, where it gets lost and eventually becomes just another unidentifiable piece of useless filth in the Great Pacific Garbage Patch.

NT: Long-lost items in the back of your favorite superhero's closet.

NT: Next mixed drink to be banned by the gubbermint.

I dunno about the gubbermint, but my health insurance is saying they won't pay for anything that costs them more than a penny and a half.

NT: Supervillains, my ***. The people who really deserve to cast directly into the Pit ("Go Directly to H***, Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect $200") are _________________.

NT: Supervillains, my ***. The people who really deserve to cast directly into the Pit ("Go Directly to H***, Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect $200") are _________________.

Congresspeople who exempt themselves from a bill that throws regular people in jail if they don't have health insurance

NT: Supervillains' date=' my ***. The people who really deserve to cast directly into the Pit ("Go Directly to H***, Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect $200") are...[/quote']

... the media ... politicians ... celebrity bozos ... greedy corporate CEOs ... internet trolls ... spammers ... mimes ... the Anti-Destination League ... PETA ... people who start pushing Christmas in October ... telemarketers ...

My list is too long; so hard to choose... :(

NT: Supervillains' date=' my ***. The people who really deserve to cast directly into the Pit ("Go Directly to H***, Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect $200") are _________________.[/quote']

The anti-Herogames crowd on RPGnet.

What me vindictive ?

NT: If love is not all it is cracked up to be what things are cracked up to be ?