Speedster Name Needed

tancred

Re: Speedster Name Needed

Bolt is a pretty good name for a speedster.

BANG! I shot your Bolt!

HaHa

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

(the last being my suggestion for a name, obviously) :)

Anyway he doesn't know his parents are called Microwave and Dash, so he'd probably get that completely wrong and assumed they were called, I dunno, Fridge and Dot, or something.

Then he could call himself ColdPeriod in tribute to his imaginary parents. It also has the advantage that his name isn't going to give away his power set to enemies. :nonp:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about THERE (as no one seemed to like WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!)

As in:

'We need someone to difuse the bomb, it is 4 miles away and there's only 18 seconds on the clock...

'I'm There!'

And of course, there's the stuck up chick in the group who would say "I am so not There!"

Then you'd have problems if someone said "Don't go There!" Especially if There wasn't around.

Or you ask "Hey, where's StrongArm?"

"Oh, he's over there."

"Aw man, that's just sick. Tell them to get a room."

The only problem with ASAP is that it's pronounced "A Sap". Would *you* want to be called a sap?

Heh. Thinking about the name, though, maybe if the character is a philosopher, he could start handing out modern advice through ASAP's fables? :hex:

BTW' date=' I'm drawing up a speedster brick in case Dave Mattingly runs his BYOB game at GenCon again. He mainly does move-bys and move-throughs; I'm naming him Pinball Whiz-Kid.[/quote']

Wait? A speedster character that does move-bys & move-throughs? :shock: Unheard of! :snicker:

Okay, all kidding aside, what does BYOB mean? Bring Your Own Boy/Battle/Bolo/Boxer/Bakery/Box?

There have been MANY fine suggestions, and you all may consider yourselves swiped, er, homaged. All these names are in a file that will (eventually) be put into a Hero Names table in my Random Name Generator program.

Phil, Hyphen was actually the very first name I considered for him. But he doesn't KNOW that he's the son of Dash, so I couldn't think of an in-character way to justify it. (If you have a suggestion for that, let me know; the pun is just too good to pass up.)

Speedball, the whole bit about his not knowing his real parents is intended for just what you talked about. He has a mystery Hunted, which I assume will be his parents Dash and Microwave (whom I've written up and given to the GM). Microwave is starting to feel her age, and wants her child back.

I anticipate much good fun when they all finally meet.