Speedster Name Needed

tancred

In keeping with the sudden spate of "...Name Needed" threads, I need a name for a speedster.

The character is secretly the son of the 3rd Edition villain The Dash (from The Great Supervillain Contest and his girlfriend Microwave. The boy was taken from his parents when they were in jail 20 years ago and given to adoptive parents. He has no idea he is adopted or that his biological parents are supervillains (still active, and looking for him).

Lance Lamont Barclay (his real name), is an EMT in real life. He just moved to Millenium City 6 weeks ago, and met his new girlfriend (who is a PI) 3 weeks ago.

He has movie-star good looks, and is quite the goody-two-shoes. He's not stuffy and self-righteous, just an old-fashioned country boy who would never consider breaking the rules. (He never double-parks, never cuts in line, is always polite and helpful. In short, a Boy Scout.)

The game is a new one set in the CU (though tied into an existing game) , and will have a very Silver Age feel.

I've considered and rejected Sleight of Hand, Phase Shift (from a sci-fi book where that was the "warp drive"), Frequency, Inertia, and Kinetic (because too close to an existing CU character).

There's already a Quicksilver character in the universe.

Silly names are not entirely out of the question; PDQ is my current working "name."

Any help appreciated.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Speedster Name Needed

Wow!

Didn't think I'd get this many responses this quickly.

Consider them all swiped....er, used in homage. :lol:

I actually considered Speedy Gonzales (or his cousin, Slowpoke Rodriguez, for the irony factor).

I like Stat and ASAP; those will appear somewhere, somewhen.

Hotflash just became my long-lost twin sister; too funny not to use! :)

I still like PDQ, but it doesn't fit him that well.

Slipstream is my currently favorite, at least until somebody hits me with one I like better.

Thanks for all the help!

Since he's a good ole country boy, maybe he grew up on a farm (maybe?) or has a farm in the family and with the "reap what you sow" thinking, he calls himself Whirlwind.

But Hotflash for a girl :snicker: Oh, she'd better be a bombshell, or an angry woman. :yes:

I think "Stat" if you want to emphasize his work as a paramedic and make that central to his character, but PDQ is absolutely perfect if you want to emphasize him as a corn-fed country boy, since it's something his adopted parents would've used as a common phrase.

I can just *smell* the crisis of character coming down the pike for this guy when he learns that his adoptive parents lied to him and he finds out he's really the son of a couple of villains. ("How can I be good? Am I just fooling myself? What *is* good, if the people who I thought were righteous were lying to me all these years," etc.)

Fun stuff.