Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

That sounds a bit like the crew of the General Armstrong in a (very short) campaign our group played. Several of us started late, and we were confused as to why the GM had asked us to make JAG officers... until we got to the transporter room to beam aboard. Several of the Armstrong's crew were on the pads with a 'borrowed' photon torpedo. :eek:

While in dock, someone from the crew staged 'workbee races' around the dock and took bets among the technical staff. :D

And someone spraypainted "Kirk SUCKS!" across the secondary hull of the Enterprise while it was in refits. :nonp: The captain of the Armstrong organized a work party to clean it off - from the crew of the Constellation, who he got blamed for the graffiti.

Yes, it was the delinquent crew-from-hell, led by the first group of players, that we were here to investigate. But they only stole from other ships - the Armstrong routinely had double it's usual supply of spare parts, and twenty shuttles from eight different ships - plus the 12 assigned to it. Then we found out the ship had an informal 'finance officer'... to manage their black market profits.

We eventually reccomended the entire crew of the Armstrong be sent to the Star Fleet equivalent of exile in Sibera. They told us that the Armstrong effectivly was their equivalent of exile to Sibera. And now we were assigned to her...:help:

Eventually, the Kingons learned to fear our presence at the Neutral Zone. And it was rumored after our one (and only) patrol on the Romulan border that the Romulans tried to cloak their entire empire against our possible return.

Not so much from our battle prowess, but from economic damage inflicted by the delinquent crew.

That sounds a bit like the crew of the General Armstrong in a (very short) campaign our group played. Several of us started late' date=' and we were confused as to why the GM had asked us to make JAG officers... until we got to the transporter room to beam aboard. Several of the [i']Armstrong's[/i] crew were on the pads with a 'borrowed' photon torpedo. :eek:

While in dock, someone from the crew staged 'workbee races' around the dock and took bets among the technical staff. :D

And someone spraypainted "Kirk SUCKS!" across the secondary hull of the Enterprise while it was in refits. :nonp: The captain of the Armstrong organized a work party to clean it off - from the crew of the Constellation, who he got blamed for the graffiti.

Yes, it was the delinquent crew-from-hell, led by the first group of players, that we were here to investigate. But they only stole from other ships - the Armstrong routinely had double it's usual supply of spare parts, and twenty shuttles from eight different ships - plus the 12 assigned to it. Then we found out the ship had an informal 'finance officer'... to manage their black market profits.

We eventually reccomended the entire crew of the Armstrong be sent to the Star Fleet equivalent of exile in Sibera. They told us that the Armstrong effectivly was their equivalent of exile to Sibera. And now we were assigned to her...:help:

Eventually, the Kingons learned to fear our presence at the Neutral Zone. And it was rumored after our one (and only) patrol on the Romulan border that the Romulans tried to cloak their entire empire against our possible return.

Not so much from our battle prowess, but from economic damage inflicted by the delinquent crew.

Cool. Kind of 'McHale's Navy In Space".

That sounds a bit like the crew of the General Armstrong in a (very short) campaign our group played. Several of us started late' date=' and we were confused as to why the GM had asked us to make JAG officers... until we got to the transporter room to beam aboard. Several of the [i']Armstrong's[/i] crew were on the pads with a 'borrowed' photon torpedo. :eek:

Why can't they make this into a series?

Heh. Reminds me of our old Star Trek campaign. We were the crew of the USS John Henry' date=' an Oberth-class transport. Our job was salvage and demolition. The GM gave up after we came back with the John Henry, under tow, in a "salvaged" D'deridex-class Warbird.

How'd they manage that?

Marvel Galaxies:

We found out that Miss Kisa has little nicknames for the other Seeker team members that she only speaks in her native language.

• High Evo is labeled Talking Guy
  • Hercules is labeled The Sweaty
  • Starfox is labeled Happy-Face-Boy:rofl:

Try diplomacy. Just try it.

"you can't take away my rights, I'm still using them"

_

Quotes from tonight's L5R game.

Our Tsutuchi Bounty Hunter: These are Crane peasants. Only the best fleas for them!

Me: I could have played a Matsu, but then I would be playing a raving psychopath.

GM: No. The Deathseekers aren't raving psychopaths.

Me: True. I wouldn't be raving.

Looking at a castle's floor plan, we notice that the interior walls get thicker every level up you go, with the bottom floor's interior walls being rice-paper screens.

Me: It's load-bearing rice-paper.:nonp:

Me: Hang on. You're casting a spell that only hurts the bad guys? Who are you, and what have you done with our bang mage?

From last night game, The Legionaries (Our Pulp Game).

Our Pilot/Flying Ace got invited to join the army of Sky Master (a world threatening villian) but instead of taking the postion of third he challenged the second in command for his position. While the rest of us remained on the Sky Master's flying fortress, they took two planes out and prepared for a dogfight.

Rex (our Pilot) :As soon as we pass each other turn straight up and get ready to come at him from above.

Rex and GM roll for Combat Piloting since this trick is difficult to do in the planes they are flying.

GM: Ok you pull up and glance back in the direction he was headed and you see that he had the same idea. What did you beat your roll by?

Rex: 10.

GM: You beat his roll by a lot so you are actually able to get right behind his plane.

Rex opens fire with the dual front mounted guns of the plane and rolls a six with the guns which have 5 shot autofire.

GM: The plane drops like a rock:nonp:...In the first phase of combat you beat a guy that is built with almost 100 points more than you.

Rex: Alright now to see if I can bring that airship down so the rest of the guys can get away.

Meanwhile on the airship, my character (a fearless explorer and the only other member of the group with piloting skills) is watching the dual from the flightdeck while under guard.

Race (my character): Well, seems my friend managed to handle your commander quite nicely. So, I assume that our plane is refueled and we can leave as soon as he lands.

Guard: No, in fact Sky Master ordered us to drain the rest of the fuel. He says you are not allowed to leave until he has a word with your friend.

Race: I guess we'll have to do this the hard way.

A fight between my character and the guard insues while the rest of the group tries to reclaim our weapons.

Race: Well now that he is out of the picture I just have to find the fuel tanks and we can make good our escape.

GM: Rex, what are you shooting at?

Rex: Well probably the fuel tanks since I don't know that our plane has no fuel. Blowing those up would do the most damage.

GM: You see Rex headed straight for the duel tanks, both guns blazing.

Race::eek:...Guess I have to glide our plane down to the water, that shouldn't be to hard...right?

Why can't they make this into a series?

To be fair, I've got to give the credit for this one to the guy playing the captain of the General Armstrong, Joe Sullivan. The whole thing was his idea and he petty much derailed the whole campaign with it.

But it was great fun anyway.:D

How'd they manage that?
In part, the Romulans underestimated the resourcefullness of the Star Fleet engineering corp. Another part was the Catian security officer discovering just how much of an asteroid base one can take out with a phaser rifle set to max.:bmk:

Would anyone be surprised if I said that the Catian's player had the nickname, "Mad Dog?"

In part' date=' the Romulans underestimated the resourcefullness of the Star Fleet engineering corp.[/quote']

My guess. They were in a "special meeting" with some Romulans, and one of the latter chose to draw to an inside straight. Proving unable to cover his IOUs .... well, what else could he do?

It never rains, but it pours...

.oO(Let's see if I've got this straight...) Speedzone considers rapidly as he stares at Megaera in frank disbelief. .oO(I'm risking death in a potentially lethal game of capture the flag to avoid execution at the hands of a bunch of teenagers from the future so I can fight a god slayer...)

.oO(Why did I get out of bed, again?)

"I suppose I can consider it good practice for dealing with the Null," he whispers dryly in response as he regains the power of speech. "Though I'm not sure how setting whole new meanings for rushin' fingers and roamin' hands is going to be of much use against a 'godslayer'."

.oO(It's female and subject to being fatally embarrassed by being undressed maybe?)

And I used to think I came up with twisted plots... ;D

From our D&D4 game last night...

Tieflings have a power called "Bloodhunt," which gives them a bonus to strike badly injured opponents. I've been playing that up...

Tiefling: I smell blood! AB+, if I'm not mistaken. My favorite!

Elf: OK, that's really, really creepy.

Tiefling: Oh shut up! Elves are creepy, too.

Elf: Yeah? Like how?

Tiefling: Like... Like... uh... Like you've got those really freaky pointy ears! What's that all about, huh?

Elf: :rolleyes:

The paladin is fighting a kobald and the halfling rogue sneaks up behind it and backstabs it, killing it instantly.

Paladin: You know, I'm not exactly comfortable playing "Little Miss Distraction" while you sneak around and assassinate people... :mad:

The tiefling has been hit by a glue bomb, which has rooted her in place. She can't seem to break free...

Hobbit: You could teleport out of it. You'd have to leave your clothes behind, but... :love:

Cleric: No. We've got enough issues in this party without having to see that!

Tiefling: I've got some interesting piercings... :winkgrin:

Cleric: That! That is exactly what I'm talking about! :mad:

The dragonborn fighter is getting his donkey kicked for about the third time that night...

Tiefling: Please don't kill our dragon! We just had him fixed.

Dragonborn: :nonp:

Tiefling: So, are you a boy-dragon, or a girl-dragon?

Dragonborn: Even I'm not entirely sure.

Tiefling: I've got a Q-tip. We could find out... :eg:

The cleric tries to take control of the party and starts barking orders:

Tiefling: That sounds suspiciously like tactics. We don't do tactics.

Cleric: But we could try! Just once, for the novelty value!

Dragonborn: Tactics for us just involves shouting at each other and comparing body-counts.

The dragonborn has been injured and is bleeding profusely. He keeps trying to give himself first aid, but his rolls are less than stellar:

Tiefling: Hey dragon-boy, if you keep picking at it like that, it'll never heal!

Dragonborn: :mad:

After a long, grueling fight, our hobbit rogue (INT 6) has an epiphany:

Hobbit: I've learned two important lessons here: (1) If you're on fire, run; (2) If you're bleeding profusely, attack somebody.

Tiefling: We're teaching this kid all the wrong lessons. :rolleyes:

Hobbit: Guys, quit making fun of me. It's not funny anymore. :(

Dragonborn: That's where you're wrong. It's still funny for us!

From our D&D4 game last night...

Tieflings have a power called "Bloodhunt," which gives them a bonus to strike badly injured opponents. I've been playing that up...

Tiefling: I smell blood! AB+, if I'm not mistaken. My favorite!

Elf: OK, that's really, really creepy.

Tiefling: Oh shut up! Elves are creepy, too.

Elf: Yeah? Like how?

Tiefling: Like... Like... uh... Like you've got those really freaky pointy ears! What's that all about, huh?

Elf: :rolleyes:

The paladin is fighting a kobald and the halfling rogue sneaks up behind it and backstabs it, killing it instantly.

Paladin: You know, I'm not exactly comfortable playing "Little Miss Distraction" while you sneak around and assassinate people... :mad:

The tiefling has been hit by a glue bomb, which has rooted her in place. She can't seem to break free...

Hobbit: You could teleport out of it. You'd have to leave your clothes behind, but... :love:

Cleric: No. We've got enough issues in this party without having to see that!

Tiefling: I've got some interesting piercings... :winkgrin:

Cleric: That! That is exactly what I'm talking about! :mad:

The dragonborn fighter is getting his donkey kicked for about the third time that night...

Tiefling: Please don't kill our dragon! We just had him fixed.

Dragonborn: :nonp:

Tiefling: So, are you a boy-dragon, or a girl-dragon?

Dragonborn: Even I'm not entirely sure.

Tiefling: I've got a Q-tip. We could find out... :eg:

The cleric tries to take control of the party and starts barking orders:

Tiefling: That sounds suspiciously like tactics. We don't do tactics.

Cleric: But we could try! Just once, for the novelty value!

Dragonborn: Tactics for us just involves shouting at each other and comparing body-counts.

The dragonborn has been injured and is bleeding profusely. He keeps trying to give himself first aid, but his rolls are less than stellar:

Tiefling: Hey dragon-boy, if you keep picking at it like that, it'll never heal!

Dragonborn: :mad:

After a long, grueling fight, our hobbit rogue (INT 6) has an epiphany:

Hobbit: I've learned two important lessons here: (1) If you're on fire, run; (2) If you're bleeding profusely, attack somebody.

Tiefling: We're teaching this kid all the wrong lessons. :rolleyes:

Hobbit: Guys, quit making fun of me. It's not funny anymore. :(

Dragonborn: That's where you're wrong. It's still funny for us!

Should I be worried that none of these guys have names? Just race and class? ^_^

Should I be worried that none of these guys have names? Just race and class? ^_^

Names? Bah! We're going truly old-school with this game! ;)

Actually, the names are...

Tiefling warlock: Kaliope

Dragonborn fighter: Ongoron

Hobbit rogue: Kiplokee

1/2-Elf paladin: Aurora

Human cleric: Cleetus

...but usually we just call each other by our race or class. :snicker:

Guest Major Tom

I find myself suddenly reminded of the Tony Curtis character from Operation

Petticoat (the one who really knew how to "scavenge", if you know what I

mean). The next thing you know, this crew'll be opening up a "supply depot"

in Orion space.

Major Tom :D

Guest Major Tom

But...but... our game is a serious Star Trek campaign...

You actually put the words "serious" and "Star Trek" together in the

same sentence?!

:snicker::lol::rofl:

Thou'rt a braver man than I, Gunga Din.

Major Tom :D

Guest Major Tom

Why not the Ferengi? One tour of duty there from this bunch' date=' and the Ferengi will probably be BEGGING to join the Federation.[/quote']

Either that, or they'll seek economic sanctions against Starfleet on the grounds

that there's only room in the galaxy for one group of underhanded businessmen.

Major Tom :sneaky: