Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Let's see what's in the pantry (read: Cookie Stash):

Hmm . . . Oreos, Snicker Doodles, Chocolate Chocolate Chip, various types of Girl Scout cookies (each with a half life of a billion years).

Take your pick, but please don't hurt me! :D

The Vian Legacy campaign meets once again. Yes, Player 1, the last game was truly July 13th.

Hope asks one too many questions of Connor's love life: "When did you first have sex? When you were his age?"

Connor replies, "No, it was with Gift." (That would be the demonic NPC who's traveling with the party.)

Hope's player is at a loss for words for a moment, then declares, "She drops the subject."

Connor, doing an OOC impression of their nightmare-prone NPC on the roof as an alarm clock (don't ask): "Cock-a-doodle-shriek?"

The party discusses the demon's proclivities with their latest recruit, who comes from a performing troupe. They're discussing the importance of the right costume. Hope points out about Gift, "When she was flying around naked, nobody really freaked out."

Briar, the new PC, replies, deadpan, "That's because she had a good costume."

Wrapping up the discussion about Gift, Hope says to Briar, "So we're clear we need to keep this a secret?"

"What, that she drums?" replies a bemused Briar.

"No, that she's a demon," Hope retorts.

"You're the one talking about it," Briar points out.

Best out of context, spoken by Connor OOC: "'Take care of the boy,' meaning, 'Don't throw knives at him."

From my "Legends Reborn" D&D game:

The PC's enter a prison dimension where the 'inmates' have been confined for many thousands of years. As they enter, the first two inmates look at each other in a quick wordless exchange of brief expressions and and raised eyebrows.

Alkyr the wizard makes a knowledge roll to identify the half-snake inmates, and gives a quick briefing to the party. Leon, a thug fighter, asks, "Are these things telepathic or is that just meaningful glances?"

Alkyr *gives Leon a meaninful glance.*

Leon: "Right."

A quickie from the Sequoia City Slayer campaign:

GM: So, last session you encountered a pair of vampires who were fleeing their lair, because it had been taken over by a giant snake-demon...

Akane (OOC): ...That died an anti-climactic death.

(Teddi, the Slayer, had lopped its head off in one blow)

(PS: Im going to try to start writing quotes down again. Its been a while....)

I wonder how much Rep you have to have before the bunny comes after you. I think I'm pretty safe for the foreseeable future but I better read up on 'The Bunny Suicides' so I know how to defend myself if the worse happens.

*lops off Shadowsoul's head and takes his Quickening*

you had enough.

(found my little black book of quotes too...)

Built To Last: I was thinking of making a political statement.

Inertia: "I not only disregard the law, but I have no standards" ?

Built To Last: Posterboard with glitter

Enigma: *shudders*

Promethean: They're endangering the environment, that hurts everyone.

Built To Last: Dirty Hippie

(BTL is the groups resident hippie, in powered armor)

And I forget exactly which game this was, I think the cyberpunk one:

When the dead guys have a CV, I quit.

From our D&D4 game last weekend...

We've just cleared out a nest of kobalds and we're looking around. My tiefling warlock has just spotted something...

Tiefling: There's something over there in the corner. But I'm not dumb enough to go check it out.

Dragonborn: I'll check it...

It turns out to be a pit trap with spikes at the bottom, which the Dragonborn narrowly avoids getting impaled on.

Tiefling: Hey Dragon-boy, didn't I just say not to go over there? :tsk:

Dragonborn: No, you said you saw something, but that you weren't... dumb... enough... Oh. :o

This whole conversation took place OOC at Lord Mhoram's house last night. Lord Mhoram had just said something to tease Lady Mhoram, and she reacted by good-naturedly threatening to smack him.

Lady Mhoram: Pariah, hand me that yardstick.

Me: Um, wouldn't that make me an accessory?

Lady Mhoram: An accessory if you do. Another victim if you don't.

Me: Milady, your logic is inescapable.

And I handed over the yardstick.

So the PC's in SPIRIT have discovered that the leader of Gabon has been plotting with this supervillain named Raga and kidnapping their loved ones.

Me: He's the dictator of Gabon

PC: Gabon has an elected president. How long as he been president?

Me: Forty One Years.

PC: Okay, he's a dictator.

The group are trying to rope in as much assistance as possible for the fight against the Outer Gods.

This includes bribing the UN with disaster relief, and calling in every dodgy favour and supervillain we can.

Vitus, for example, wants to call in the VIPER, the War Machine, Menton, the Circle of the Scarlet Moon, Firewing, and Gravitar.

The Gunney
: "Do we *really* want to use a notorious supervillain for this?"

Vitus
: "If he hadn't made things personal, I'd be using Doctor Destroyer."

The Gunney
: "You have no idea of scale, do you?"

Vitus
: "Nuclear-armed dragon-riding demon cultists, the world's greatest mage murdered, a transcontinental geomantic cannon to defend, outer gods waking up and multiple Qlippothic invasions? I think I do, actually. If it wasn't for the fact it would upset my landlady I would happily abandon this reality to it's fate."

Mr E Magister
, an actual demon : "Doesn't anybody on this team know any
heroes?
"

The Specter
: "Sky Kapitan? Is that you? I blew up your third zeppelin over Paris"

Sky Kapitan
: "Fourth, actually."

The Specter
: : "We should catch up some time - I don't often get to meet people from the old days"

Sky Kapitan
: "Neither do I - I like it that way *click*"

Bangladeshi Official
: "A regiment? From the United States? I am sorry but this is completely impossible."

The Specter
: "I was told to remind you who holds all the security codes for your Swiss bank accounts."

Bangladeshi Official
: "I will arrange it immediately."

To the Champions -

Vitus
: "Hello again - I'm sure you remember me, I tried to saw off Gravitar's head that time."

To Vitus, who is annoyed Firewing et al aren't available

The Specter
: "I'm
fairly
certain Stronghold doesn't run a work release program."

To the Circle of the Scarlet Moon :

Vitus
: "Apologies for never getting around to that lecture tour you invited me on, but ever since I arrived here it's been like a street parade in the Infernal City of Dis - one Damned Thing after another."

The Gunney
: "You teleported away from a moving airship to pick up a Faberge egg?"

Vitus
: "What's a Faberge?"

Gunney
: "This world's greatest jeweller."

Vitus
: "Oh, not some sort of monster then."

We do ask the Mayor of Kingdom City how long it will take to evacuate Nebraska.

Vitus
: "Because we're going to be setting off a dozen planet-cracking nuclear devices down-town shortly, and we're expecting interference from a cult of demon worshippers, probably riding dragons, also with nukes."

Mayor
: "...What?"
:fear:

Vitus
: "Don't worry if you can't, the Circle agree Nebraska is an acceptable loss."

Speculation regarding the Circle of the Scarlet Moon

Jasmine/3's Player
: "I'm picturing associates of the PMS Avenger."

GM
: "By a curious coincidence most of the current members ARE female..."

Jasmine/3's Player
: "It's that time of the month, sisters! Attack!"

On the HERO book - all 590 pages of it, as personal armour

Stentorian's Player
: "10pts armour, Obvious Accessible Focus.."

Me
: "Difficult To Replace..."

Stentorian's girlfriend Loretta has finally come out of her coma, after a week of being carried between dimensions. Stentorian has decided to come clean about being a masked super to her, complicated by our realisation that Loretta is really the supervillain Huntress.

So Our The Days of Our Lives

Stentorian
: "Now seemed like a good a time as any to come out..."

Zero
: "I thought she was your girlfriend?"

Huntress
: "Honey?"

Zero
: "...people keep thinking
I'm
gay..."

Zero
: "I'm just surprised she hasn't asked who's been sponge-bathing her for the last week"
:D

Trawler
: "Sponges come in baths now?"
:confused:

Miss Chaos flashes her PRIMUS badge

Zero
: "Couldn't you wait until *after* she shot the Black Paladin?"

: "This makes two members of the Edge with supervillains as girlfriends."

Zero
: "Evil girls are hot :love:"

Zero
: "So, who was actually paying attention to the map Hyena-headed-Pharoah-with-Big-Tits showed us?"

Trawler
: "Well, I looked..."

GM
: "At the map or the tits?"

Zero
: "Regarding your earlier question 'Can my life get any weirder?' - if we go any further north we risk being raped to death by Greek Orthodox Hyena-women."

Stentorian
: "Zero! I was going to ease her into that!"

Terminus
: "There is no way in the world to ease somebody into that."

Zero
: "I'm just uncomfortable with the phrase 'ease into'"
:fear:

GM
: "I'm getting a bit sick of you guys hitting the Black Paladin in the head - in fact he's going to invest in a bigger helmet."

Zero OOC
: "The Black Paladin is attacked by an accountant with a sword."

Zero proceeds to cleave animated suits of armour in half with a magic sword he picked up at a previous stop. He's so shocked he looses a point of OCV.

Zero OOC
: "The testosterone poisoning has gone to my head."

Unfortunately Trawler is badly mangled before a thoroughly confused Paladin & Talisman run away, and Zero completely fails his paramedics assist.

Zero
: "I found a piece of his skull - is this important?"

Marvel galaxies

post apocalyptic Marvel game - - - (link)

==========================

:rolleyes: the heroes have built planet-wide wi-fi network for all to use. the group spokesman reminds everyone that the recommended web viewer is a new one of his own design, and is called the Starfox Browser

:nonp: early in the fight, the Korg magicians launch attacks while protected by arrow slits. then Hercules does shockwave. so later when High Evo wonders if the wall is still protecting the villains, Kisa pipes up with what wall?!?

:doi: one Korg was nick-named OUTBACK because when the aliens teleported to earth, he botched the nav. skill check and ended up in australia.

:straight: The Seekers bought followers for the first time. Much argument and discussion happened as to what moniker these loyal henchman whould carry. Finally it settled that they would be called TRUE BELIEVERS, in tribute to old marvel, and because you'd have to be crazy to think you could heal the whole earth after doomsday.

:thumbup: remember: Betting is a zero=phase action, very similar to a Soliloquy; ie:

"Fifty dollar say Herc not land one punch this week"

:celebrate the characters discuss the huge profits to be made on the new E-bay for alien items that were manufactured on planets that Galactus destroyed. talk about collectibility....

Re: Marvel galaxies

:nonp: early in the fight' date=' the Korg magicians launch attacks while protected by arrow slits. then Hercules does shockwave. so later when [u']High Evo[/u] wonders if the wall is still protecting the villains, Kisa pipes up with what wall?!?
I'm sorry, but for some reason I read that as "High Emo"?:joint:

lol

thankyou :D

another quote from the same conversation

"I'm not optimistic about the chances of this working, but then I'm rarely optimistic about anything. Indeed, I sometimes feel a pessimist is an idealist that's been paying attention."

And from the afternoon game, where Terminus was complaining about nobody sticking to the plan

"Hey! We went after Talisman, like you said, in Las Vegas - we
could
have gone after Gordon Ramsey - he was
right there
"

Guest Major Tom

A fighter' date=' actually. But he's pretty sure he's invulnerable... despite all evidence to the contrary. ;)[/quote']

There's an easy way for him to find out if he's invulnerable or not.

Just have him run up against a gazebo. If he lives, then you'll both know that

he's invulnerable.

Major Tom :eg: