Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Guest Major Tom

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Maybe not a fragging, but a low-power EB or a sledgehammer-augmented

Gibbs-slap upside the head would be slightly appropriate.

Major Tom :rolleyes:

Every so often my players will wander well off course, to the point that they're in danger of loosing track of the plot. Usually I just let them go with it, as long as I can wing something (until the plot they lost track of comes back to bite them...:eg:). But sometimes I can't, so the players come upon a pond, or river, or fish tank, and I tell them...

"You see some little red fish in the water. They look sorta like herrings..." :D

Re: Marvel Galaxies

StarFox jets off without the team with one of the Katana Girls

to post-apocalyptic San Francisco, just to settle a bet.

High Evo: I hope StarFox doesn't do anything stupid while alone with that girl.

==================================

Later there's a huge fight. Main enemy is a space-born energy projector, a great flyer. Earth-bound Hercules desperately wants to punch this bad guy. so He asks the telekinetic for help:

Hercules: "Toss me."

Magnetix: "What?"

Hercules: "I cannae jump the distance, you'll have to toss me! Oh — don't tell Star-Fox."

Magnetix: "Not a word."

Later Hercules is blinded for a long long time. The bad guy Energy Projector is laying stunned on the ground somewhere nearby. This guy has star-based powers, and so has been radiating heat (eb), light (flash), and radiation (transform) all over, in a big radius around himself, all afternoon. His body is as hot as star-matter, and its laying there melting the dirt. Hercules needs to land a deathblow with his mace, but laments his blindness.

High Evo: Aim for the hissing sound !

Och, the haggis was well and truly in the fire for this group...

I have to wonder, though, if some of the group's members were sorely tempted to have Hamish experience a "friendly fire" incident.

Major Tom :eg:

Im not sure switching on the light warrants a fragging...

Oh trust me this was only the tip of the iceberg. By the end of it, we would have blasted him to shreds if he wasn't our form of transport (Group teleportation). And I'm talking OOC.

He has left the group though, so now we hope we can get these new guys to join and stick to it.

We're introducing my 9 year old daughter to roleplaying via D&D 4E, and there have been more than a few quotes that I thought were funny...

When encountered with halfling guards to the nearby swamp village while on a diplomatic mission, we are asked by the guards why they should allow us to see their chief...

Cynthia(PC name) OOC: I know what I want to say now... "SURRENDER NOW OR I'LL BURN YOU WITH MY WITCHFIRE!"

While fighting in a dungeon, she has just chopped a guard drake with her axe, finishing it. "Yay, I ended its life!"

Cynthia dies, prompting some sadness from her. She perks up as she starts erasing madly, "I know, I'll just change her name!"

She gets frustrated about something, and smacks her fist into the table... "darnit!... OW! ow ow ow ow ow ow ow... that hurt..."

Suffice it to say there have been more than a few classic moments here and its been a pretty funny ride. I can't remember them all, but these are some of the more easily described...

Mel: (OOC) We're just one burning torch short of an angry mob! :D

----------------

Ace: ... So...vague memories, bruises, and a bad taste in her mouth...

----------------

Feline Fury is at a celebrity dinner, in secret ID. Shes being served a lot of alcohol, but shes a regenerator, so its not really having any effect.

Movie Producer: (sotto voce) Shes been drinking all night and theres no effect. How many Mickeys did you give her?

Movie Producers Flunky: I dunno...Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Pluto...the whole crew!

--------------------

Feline Fury: Ive noticed that we do alot of things that I want to do. It seems to me that we should do some things that you want to do. So...what would you be doing if I wasnt here?

Fusion: ...Crying?...Wanking to your pictures?...Crying -while- wanking to your pictures?

Feline Fury: =0.o=

mel: (ooc) we're just one burning torch short of an angry mob! :D

feline fury is at a celebrity dinner, in secret id. Shes being served a lot of alcohol, but shes a regenerator, so its not really having any effect.

movie producer: (sotto voce) shes been drinking all night and theres no effect. How many mickeys did you give her?

movie producers flunky: i dunno...mickey, donald, goofy, pluto...the whole crew!

--------------------

lol to both

Feline Fury: Ive noticed that we do alot of things that I want to do. It seems to me that we should do some things that you want to do. So...what would you be doing if I wasnt here?

Fusion: ...Crying?...Wanking to your pictures?...Crying -while- wanking to your pictures?

Feline Fury: =0.o=

:lol:

It tells you what kind of Monday I've been having that reading that did actually make me laugh out loud.

Thanks. I needed that. :)

Och, the haggis was well and truly in the fire for this group...

I have to wonder, though, if some of the group's members were sorely tempt-

ed to have Hamish experience a "friendly fire" incident.

Major Tom :eg:

I tried but rolled badly. He got singed with hellfire but teleported away before my 18d6 AOE explosion hit :P.

He spent most of each fight putting his guts back in (He had 50 STUN, 10 BODY and practically no defenses).

Both of these were from the final installation of the Via Legacy campaign. (We're moving. Maybe there'll be reunions at future Dragon*Cons, or something.)

Briar, OOC during the catching-up of an NPC: "I want to know why NPCs get so much more information than I do as a PC."

Hope, being pragmatic: "Anyone who's pulling demons out of the demon realm deserves to be eaten."

From last night's D&D4 game:

Warlock: "I'm hitting that zombie with Flames of Phahrfg...(trails off into mumble)..."

DM (me) "Flames of what?"

Wizard (helpfully offers): "Sounded like Flames of Farfignewton."

So now the Warlock spell "Flames of Phlegethos" has now become known as "Flames of Farfignewton" in our local gaming group. :doi:

From last night's D&D4 game:

Warlock: "I'm hitting that zombie with Flames of Phahrfg...(trails off into mumble)..."

DM (me) "Flames of what?"

Wizard (helpfully offers): "Sounded like Flames of Farfignewton."

So now the Warlock spell "Flames of Phlegethos" has now become known as "Flames of Farfignewton" in our local gaming group. :doi:

Let's hope your team never has to try to remember the words to recite when retrieving the Necronomicon....

this Necronomicon stuff is funny unless you have someone in your gaming group who cannot pronounce any foreign or esoteric words at all. We have two people in our group who role-play well enough, but if a word comes up that's not basic english: Botch! . . . mental block.Sometimes its so difficult, because no flavor text, no place name, and no unusual NPC name is safe. Sometimes it drags the game down its so bad...

Firenza = Frenzy

Nyarlathotep = Nathereltep

Lothlorien - Latheranden

Tutankhamun = Touch-con

Kazakhstan = Kazakistand :straight:

etc. etc.

I wish I was making this up. :nonp: Wrong even if they've heard three other people pronounce the word correctly that evening....I wish I could come up with a funny quote to keep this on topic but its just sad. Okay - rant mode off - back to thread topic. Thanks.

this Necronomicon stuff is funny unless you have someone in your gaming group who cannot pronounce any foreign or esoteric words at all. We have two people in our group who role-play well enough' date=' but if a word comes up that's not basic english: [i']Botch! . . . [/i]mental block.Sometimes its so difficult, because no flavor text, no place name, and no unusual NPC name is safe. Sometimes it drags the game down its so bad...

Firenza = Frenzy

Nyarlathotep = Nathereltep

Lothlorien - Latheranden

Tutankhamun = Touch-con

Kazakhstan = Kazakistand :straight:

etc. etc.

I wish I was making this up. :nonp: Wrong even if they've heard three other people pronounce the word correctly that evening....I wish I could come up with a funny quote to keep this on topic but its just sad. Okay - rant mode off - back to thread topic. Thanks.

Heh. This reminds me of a Silent Mobius game that Susano ran where I played a Latino firestarter with a last name of Figueroa. I don't think he ever pronounced the name right the whole game. :eg:

OK, now we can get back on-topic...

Heh. This reminds me of a Silent Mobius game that Susano ran where I played a Latino firestarter with a last name of Figueroa. I don't think he ever pronounced the name right the whole game. :eg:

OK, now we can get back on-topic...

Hey! It's not my steenkin' language!

Okay tonight was Conan night.

The Party:

Valarias: Nobleman/soldier of Corinthia

Athicus: Soldier of Corinthia

Feng: Scholar from the east

Busec: Plains Nomad

Zum: islander barbarian

We were following Busec because his goddess Ishtar kept telling him his love was in the west. Follow the Setting Sun.

After a few days we arrive in a forest. Feng has been unhappy with this from the start. He keeps telling us that the beautiful female voice Busec hears is a witch and we should be weary. OOC I make comment about finding a gingerbread house.

Finally we burst into a clearing and find a great big stone house, along with Busec's Stolen (tethered outside the house with a few other horses)

Feng: This is the witch's hut!

GM: "Outside the door of the hut you see a cougar."

Athicus (ooc): A cat or an older woman looking for younger men?

Earlier, Feng checks knowledge: religion to find out about Ishtar

GM: its a limited area religion with some orgiastic rituals

Athicus and Valarias: "We convert!"

After the witch surrenders (And Valarias knocks her unconscious) we go check on Feng, who was shot by an enscorcelled Busec. Busec rushes into the hut.

As the plainsman comes out Valarias says, "Okay, we'll force her to heal Feng and Zum and then take her to the next town."

Busec looks nervous, "She controlled my mind, had me shoot a brother in arms...I extracted justice."

Valarias: "You killed her?"

Busec: "Justice is very complicated where I come from."