Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Guest Major Tom

Re: Quotes from Owlcon - part 5

Changeling: The Dreaming -- "They've Come to Kill the Rooster"

The PCs (half mortal / half fey) are investigating the disappearance of 137 teenagers (Dreamers) over the last several months.

Cast of Characters:

Alpo: pooka (trickster with dog-like features, incapable of telling the truth), as a mortal he's a high-school student

Blareenj: troll (large, strong, oathbound warrior)

Coach Mick: redcap (rude, intimidating warrior, capable of eating anything), as a mortal he coaches the high school football team

Crazy Pete: satyr (wild reveler)

Fred T. Head: boggan (hospitable craftsman), as a mortal he's a hippy pothead

Gesive: nocker (mechanic, able to scare technology into working)

Raya: sidhe (beautiful noble), as a mortal she's a candidate for mayor

Red: eshu (risk-taking wanderer); like Morgan Freeman in the Shawshank Redepmtion, he's called Red, "Maybe it's because I'm Irish."

Best without explanation:

Coach Mick: "It figures that the satyrs are horny."

and

"You'd be surprised what comes out of a nocker's pockets as a tool."

We learn that the missing teenagers had been partying down on the beach.

Coach Mick: (to Alpo) "Have you been at these parties?"

Alpo: (nodding) "No."

Raya balks at lying to some police officers.

Red: (in disbelief) "You mean you're an honest politician?"

Fred describes his flower-power microbus.

Fred T. Head (ooc): Absurdly enough, the microbus has an alarm system.

Mick: "I don't want to know who would steal that."

The group gears up.

Fred T. Head (ooc): I take my SPAS semi-automatic shotgun out of the microbus.

Red: "Great. Now we have two spazzes."

The group tracks the missing teenagers to an entrance to the dreaming. The entrance is under a bridge ... and a bridge troll is guarding the entrance. The group begins negotiating to get past the huge bridge troll.

Red: "How about an eating contest?"

Bridge Troll: (incredulously) "You think you can beat me?"

Red: (slapping Mick on the back) "He can!"

Coach Mick: (cracking his knuckles) "What do you say, Greenie. Got game?"

The group finally promised to give the bridge troll some goat meat when they returned. Crazy Pete was not happy with this promise ... since he counted as "goat meat".

As the group travels through a nightmarish section of the Dreaming, they encounter and capture some goblins who were involved in abducting the teenagers.

Mick: (to the goblins) "Cooperative prisoners are useful. Uncooperative prisoners are tasty."

The goblins lead the group to a nightmarish facsimile of a concentration camp.

Gesive: "Look for the commandant's office. It will be the building with flowers out front."

Blareenj smashes down the door of the commandant's office with his sledgehammer.

Fred T. Head: "Avon Calling!"

The Nazi Pixie Commandant's desk is bloated with the Dreams of the teenagers.

Commandant's Desk: (opening its eyes) "I'm hungry. More Dreams."

Red begins chopping the desk to pieces with his ax.

Red: (singing) "All we are saying, is give piece a chance."

After defeating a giant lizard-spider, the group is discussing how they'll "pay" the bridge troll.

Blareenj: "Let's chop up the lizard-spider and tell him it's goat meat."

GM: You're going to try to convince the troll that the poisonous lizard-spider meat actually came from a goat?

Red: "Let's use Chicanery. We can make it look, smell and taste like goat meat."

GM: That's silly enough that I'm just going to let it work.

Red leads the group and the teenagers through the Dreaming and back to the entrance.

GM: The Silver Path doesn't exist in this part of the Dreaming. Red is leading you through the darkness past deep chasms, weird, flickering lights and creepy structures.

Red: "We're taking the scenic route home."

Red and Fred have proposed future courses of action.

Coach Mick: (giving his opinion) "Better Red than Fred."

Raya has spun a story to the media about rescuing the teenagers from a slavery ring, and chastised the current administration for its inaction in this matter.

Red: (to Raya) "Congratulations. I think you've just won the election."

Raya: "It's months until the election. I need to keep winning every month until then."

Fred T. Head: "You could get the Coach to just ... y'know ... get rid of some of your competitors."

Coach Mick: (outraged) "That's unethical! That's dispicable!" (muttering sheepishly to Raya) "What would you like me to do?"

Red and Blareenj must have a seriously high BS Monster du jour Skill...

Major Tom :D

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

This group's name isn't "The Off-The-Wall Gang" by any chance, is it?

Because if it's not, it certainly should be.

Major Tom :sneaky:

We were the "League of Unusual Individuals" working for the governments "Metahuman Underlings Department" under the "Director of Metahuman Business".

It wasn't a serious campaign. But it was fun.

We were the "League of Unusual Individuals" working for the governments "Metahuman Underlings Department" under the "Director of Metahuman Business".

It wasn't a serious campaign. But it was fun.

"We're LoUI from MUD. We work for DoMB."

Did you find a way to throw in the Strategic Taskforce of Onerous Peoples in Disguise?

Doc

Re: Quotes from Owlcon - part 5

.....which is?

(That was a serious of great lines though, and the two suggestions for it would have been beautiful)

Ahhh.... now I feel old.

Alice's Restaurant is Arlo Guthrie's Vietnam war protest song from... uhm... 1968 or so. It's around 17 minutes long or so, and involves, well, I'll let Arlo describe it:

We got up there, we found all the garbage in there, and we decided it'd be

a friendly gesture for us to take the garbage down to the city dump. So

we took the half a ton of garbage, put it in the back of a red VW

microbus, took shovels and rakes and implements of destruction and headed

on toward the city dump.

Full lyrics: http://www.arlo.net/resources/lyrics/alices.shtml

Most rock stations in the Maryland area play it come Thanksgiving, since most of the action takes place on Thanksgiving Day.

The team has gotten some serious info on Viper, including the identity of the supreme serpent (using 4th ed rules).

It is announced that the Supreme Serpent is an AI.

Locomotive says "Can we Hack it to death?"

(Cold fire has a "stroke of genius" spell put on her adding 25 int, and a telepath sharing his mind with the computer person - a succor Int of +29 in addition to the spell) - Coldfire, hacking the Viper database and shairng the above information: The Supreme Serpent is an Artificial Intelligence.

To which Locomotive (who's player is in fine form tonight) responds "Aren't you?"

So, trying to get back on topic...

A different group in a game I ran. Many of the same players, though.

GM(me): With an evil kackle, the Viper Leader activates the device and says "Fools! You are all doomed now!" What do you do?

Huntsman: I try to disarm the device!

Euphrates: I tackle the Viper boss!

Titan: I'll use my body as a shield to protect the hostages if Huntsman fails!

Amythyst: I'll use mind control on the Viper boss and make him disarm it!

Takao: If Huntsman can't disarm it, I'll hit it with a pushed energy blast to try and destroy it!

Fighting Falcon: Mach 3. Straight up.

Is this question directed at me? :)

Sorry, I thought it was clear. My bad. Yes, it was directed at you.

I have no clue who Arlo´s father was. In fact, I barely recognize the name Arlo Guthrie. It´s one of those hazy, indistinct names that when used in conversation I MIGHT recognize as belonging to a famous musician.

And I don´t think the Mighty Falcon was fleeing... I think he was taking the device with him. Right? Hope there was no roof...

Alas, no, Fighting Falcon was fleeing. He flew out through the skylight in a blatant display of non-heroness, not even taking a hostage to safety with him. FF got the nickname "Super Chicken" for that one. Amythyst would sew a yellow stripe on the back of his costume. His defense was his lack of PD/ED. He'd been knocked out of several fights by explosive/area affect attacks. His high DCV made him immune to pretty much everything but aoe, exp, and ego attacks.

I miss my old group. I sincerly hope this new group works out.

Sorry' date=' I thought it was clear. My bad. Yes, it was directed at you.[/quote']

I thought so, but without a quote, I wasn't sure if it was me, or going back to Alice's restaurant. :)

We actually used the now obscenely skilled superhacker (skills already at 14s with +54 int....), along with some inside information and destroyed the VIPER internal network. We almost got the supreme serpent (and there is secondary information that in bringing down the system we did... but don't consider them dead until you see the body... as it were).

The next session the team is going after a local Viper base to make sure that it is in fact isolated, then they are going to let every superhero everywhere know the situation, so world wide Viper can be taken down.

The GM is basically set up an adventure where we can actually remove Viper as a threat, which is pretty cool.

The Team's Big Amazon: I've mastered everything except the longbow.

Naive Caster: Why the longbow?

Big Amazon: *leans over deliberately* Do I really need to answer that?

A real Amazon would have one removed just so they could use a bow.

(That part never makes the comic books, I wonder why?)