Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Then how did she become pregnant? I guess it all depends on what you mean by she-beast.... The others might not help' date=' but that last one seems like a deal breaker. [/quote']

She chose the security officer, Varkel (whom I've mentioned on this thread before, he of the ten pound mining charge fame) who just so happens to be masochistic, thankfully for him.

Was that the first time he found out about her being pregnant? That´d be a funny way to break the news.

It was actually. In all fairness, disturbing details about the captains past had come to light recently, so he was owed a little distress.

How not to be seen.

Ham is trying to get close to a gang banger without being noticed.

GM: Do you have Stealth?

Ham (ooc): Nope.

GM: Do you have Acting?

Henry (ooc): I bet Shadowing would work.

GM: Do you have Shadowing?

GM: Then what are you using?

Ham (ooc): Everyman skills and three dice of Luck.

Re: How not to be seen.

Our group has had similiar stealth problems. One member (Grey Ghost) has better stealth abilities than most invisible characters (~30-). Two have fair stealth (~14-), but nothing compared to our infiltrator. Then we have our two shiny teammates: one is half on fire (he glows like a torch in the dark!) and the other is an angel (neither have stealth).

Our group has had similiar stealth problems. One member (Grey Ghost) has better stealth abilities than most invisible characters (~30-). Two have fair stealth (~14-)' date=' but nothing compared to our infiltrator. Then we have our two shiny teammates: one is half on fire (he glows like a torch in the dark!) and the other is an angel (neither have stealth).[/quote']

My stealth character had similarly unsubtle teammates. You know how I referred to them?

My distractions!:D

From out Hunter: The Vigil game tonight:

Scott: "I've got a can of gasoline, dog treats and a zippo."

Glitch (me): "I'm skeptical about the legality of this plan."

---------------------------------------------

Glitch is on monitor duty, the other players are split into two groups in this apparently haunted house. The two in the library lose communications, and their EMF cameras spike and blur out. Once they're back, the Detective character is nude and bloody.

Glitch: "Well, that's something I wish I could unsee."

GM: "You get a taste in your mouth, kinda like rubber."

Genevieve, (OOC, coming back from the bathroom): "Latex or other?"

GM: "Okay, you got two successes on your 'taze the &$^( out of her' roll?"

Glitch (OOC): "Indeed."

GM: "Well, you certainly have her attention."

Glitch (a non-combat hacker): "I did not think this through."

GM: "He hits you so hard, your change flies out of your pockets."

Genevieve: "It's only 79 cents, you're fine."

This one's from a teen superhero game, using M&M rules.

The team's mentalist has discovered astral travel. The potential of her "possessing" other people comes up. When the boyfriend of the feline-themed martial artist is mentioned as a possible victim, the mentalist replies, OOC:

"No way you're sharing spit with that Thundercat ho! Make a Will save!"

This one's from a teen superhero game, using M&M rules.

The team's mentalist has discovered astral travel. The potential of her "possessing" other people comes up. When the boyfriend of the feline-themed martial artist is mentioned as a possible victim, the mentalist replies, OOC:

"No way you're sharing spit with that Thundercat ho! Make a Will save!"

somehow that line reminds me of mary jane watson-parker

We had a similar thing come up last night. I was trying to sneak next to the house with the firey-demony-summoner-blow-up-1873-chicago-type-guy.

Me: I'm gonna sneak up next to the guy.

GM: You have Stealth?

Me: Nope.

GM: (smirk) Good Luck!

Me: Will a roll of 5 qualify? (double SMIRK)

Needless to say, I snuck.

Liked this when you posted it in my bricks thread and still like it. It was not only a good way of showing how to overcome a disadvantage, it was also very Superman like. If I had enough posts to spread rep, I'd definitely give you some. My "view first unread" showed the post about Ultraman, and I didn't notice that it wasn't the last post, sorry about the innane rambling

We had a similar thing come up last night. I was trying to sneak next to the house with the firey-demony-summoner-blow-up-1873-chicago-type-guy.

Me: I'm gonna sneak up next to the guy.

GM: You have Stealth?

Me: Nope.

GM: (smirk) Good Luck!

Me: Will a roll of 5 qualify? (double SMIRK)

Needless to say, I snuck.

If you don't have stealth, it still wouldn't work. Perhaps your character has Stealth 8- as an everyman skill?

If you don't have stealth' date=' it still wouldn't work. Perhaps your character has Stealth 8- as an everyman skill?[/quote']

Oh, well yes, we have Stealth as an EveryMan.

While, I'm probably reading more into your words then you intended...huh? What I read (to me) implied that unless there is a "3pts: Stealth (DEX)" on your sheet you can't be stealthy...ever? Not only is Stealth extremely EveryMan-able (IIRC it is one of the specific examples listed), I don't think you should ever tell a character they can't do something. They could at least try. Heck, even a heavily modified DEX roll is still an attempt.

After all we are not talking about brain surgery or something...just sneaking around a bit! :)

Oh, well yes, we have Stealth as an EveryMan.

While, I'm probably reading more into your words then you intended...huh? What I read (to me) implied that unless there is a "3pts: Stealth (DEX)" on your sheet you can't be stealthy...ever? Not only is Stealth extremely EveryMan-able (IIRC it is one of the specific examples listed), I don't think you should ever tell a character they can't do something. They could at least try. Heck, even a heavily modified DEX roll is still an attempt.

I was simply saying that Stealth IS an everyman skill. If the character had somehow removed that Everyman skill ("Cannot be Stealthy"), then he could not have been able to succeed. There's a difference between "do you have stealth" and "have you put any points into Stealth".

If the question was "can you fly", then no points means no, you can't fly, and no roll, however good, will enable you to succeed in an attempt to fly.

I was simply saying that Stealth IS an everyman skill. If the character had somehow removed that Everyman skill ("Cannot be Stealthy"), then he could not have been able to succeed. There's a difference between "do you have stealth" and "have you put any points into Stealth".

If the question was "can you fly", then no points means no, you can't fly, and no roll, however good, will enable you to succeed in an attempt to fly.

SI! I knew I was reading more into it than there was! :)

But I Can fly!...Umm but, only straight down....

From our Mythic Greek Hero game last night:

Prior to game start, from Typhonicus's player: True math always involves dead bodies.

[sophie has just explained her prophetic dream about their comrades, who went on ahead of the main group, charging into certain death.]

Typhonicus: So, you're saying they're in imminent danger. Very well, we'll leave first thing in the morning.

Typhonicus: You got him from behind. I got him from in front.

Thanatos: I don't want to ever hear you say that to me again!

Wait a minute? Aren't these guys greek? Women are for childbearing' date=' men are for love and all that?[/quote']

Actually, the acceptability homosexuality varied greatly from place to place and time to time (Classical Greece being more accepting than Ancient). Also, it was generally only engaged in by the aristocracy (of which Thanatos is not). Finally, even when homosexuality was acceptable and practiced openly, it was culturally considered better to be "pitcher" than "catcher", so they still had a few hang-ups about it.

Spin doctoring...

The team is a group of cybernetically enhanced federal agents. They're nominally assigned to the US Marshall service, but they frequently get "loaned out" to other agencies due to their specialized talents.

Following a joint operation with the DEA, Ham has submitted a draft of an affidavit (documenting that the team had probable cause to apprehend some drug smugglers) to his supervisor. His boss returned the draft with the following comment.

Marshall Chandler: "Please rephrase your description of the arrest. It needs to sound more like a roadblock and less like an ambush."

Guest Major Tom

Re: Spin doctoring...

The team is a group of cybernetically enhanced federal agents. They're nominally assigned to the US Marshall service' date=' but they frequently get "loaned out" to other agencies due to their specialized talents.[/i']

Following a joint operation with the DEA, Ham has submitted a draft of an affidavit (documenting that the team had probable cause to apprehend some drug smugglers) to his supervisor. His boss returned the draft with the following comment.

Marshall Chandler: "Please rephrase your description of the arrest. It needs to sound more like a roadblock and less like an ambush."

In this day and age, most people would be compelled to ask the question:

"What's the difference?"

Major Tom :sneaky:

Re: Spin doctoring...

The team is a group of cybernetically enhanced federal agents. They're nominally assigned to the US Marshall service' date=' but they frequently get "loaned out" to other agencies due to their specialized talents.[/i']

Hehe. I love a good ambush (assuming I´m not the one receiving it, and even then I can appreciate a job well done...)

Details as to the story?